Duxford Summer Airshow - 24-25 July

Discuss airshows and other aviation events at the Imperial War Museum
jasonT1981

Re: Duxford Summer Airshow - 24-25 July

Post by jasonT1981 »

There is talk on FC and a few FB pages that up to 10 Spitfires, a Buchon and P51 are due to be added. The info came from someone at IWM Duxford. I'd love to see 10 more Spitfires, but I seriously doubt that many will be added.

Id' say the line-up is pretty final though.

UKTopgun
UKAR Supporter

Post by UKTopgun »

Surely mass spits are more likely at the BOB show....

I doubt the displays will be added to much, after all if they have lots up their sleeve wouldn't they announce as soon as poss to boost sales?

jasonT1981

Post by jasonT1981 »

I've seen a lot asking for an F35 or F15 flypast.

Jakub.Zurek
UKAR Staff

Post by Jakub.Zurek »

So has anyone heard anything further about the tank bank potentially staying open for the show?

IP1960

Post by IP1960 »

Is there likely to be a reasonable amount of airborne activity on Friday? Going along (have booked, also have Saturday ticket) on a non-show day will make a change, weather looks decent, and good that hangers etc now open.

Alpha Delta 210

Post by Alpha Delta 210 »

IP1960 wrote:
Wed 21 Jul 2021, 11:12 pm
Is there likely to be a reasonable amount of airborne activity on Friday? Going along (have booked, also have Saturday ticket) on a non-show day will make a change, weather looks decent, and good that hangers etc now open.
I generally visit on the Friday before show days and am usually rewarded with plenty of aerial action, although it can't be guaranteed.

rdchawk

Post by rdchawk »

I'll be there tomorrow as well, been a long time since i've been to Duxford, so just looking round the museum will be sufficient enough. Any flying will be an added bonus!
Did you hear about the dyslexic pimp? He bought a ware house!
Proud member of the Silverstone Marshalling Team

Tom105

Post by Tom105 »

Only going tomorrow as the zones didn't suit and now have other weekend plans. Fridays usually pretty good the BOB 2019 Friday was brilliant. Strikemasters due to landing tomorrow around 3 and then practice according to there twitter so that is something already confirmed!
Thomas

iainpeden

Post by iainpeden »

Zones are only for parking now.
(Mark Twain: There are lies, there are damn lies and then there are statistics)

Tom105

Post by Tom105 »

Yeah indeed a good change however cannot make the weekend now
Thomas

jasonT1981

Post by jasonT1981 »

Still have to enter/exit by zones even if you are not parking.

austinp

Post by austinp »

On catch up, just seen that the zones have gone and DUX is fully open.

This is great news of course, and whilst I would now buy a ticket...

...I can't! The car had a major ABS fail, so car-less for possibly two weeks :-S

TheJannerDave

Post by TheJannerDave »

Hate to be negative weatherwise but the forecast isn’t looking too clever for both Sat and Sun with a yellow rain warning in place for E Anglia, anyone attending tomorrow will have a perfect day but looks like the fun and games start on Saturday to such an extent I have decided to cancel my trip from Devon- refundable hotel and train tickets fortunately. Those fortunate to live more locally can decide on the day no doubt, with talk of thunderstorms on both days these if they occur will have implications for ‘holding’ displays as well as anything directly over DX itself. Maybe things won’t be quite so pessimistic in reality but do take note of the forecasts to come, I hope all who attend have a safe and enjoyable experience whatever happens.

st24

Post by st24 »

Well the old weather tale for UK airshows, 2 weeks of perfect flying weather, then boom it's all over for an actual airshow. Typical. Weather aside it is still pretty thin, I see someone mentioned Chinook- surely we can write that off as after this show the UK seasons pretty much done isn't it and it's hardly worth having a display for no shows. So, why can't the union flagged Chinook and Puma rock up just for static, as again, after this weekend there won't be anywhere left to show them off...
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

According to the latest IWM Facebook posting, they say - don't forget to book your Duxford Air Show Programme too - read about the confirmed Flying List, flying times - so rather than put the list up on Facebook/Website for every one to see, you have to fork out £8 if you want to know what the flying programme is.
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DUXFORDfotoGALLERY on Facebook
DUXFORDfotoGALLERY on Instagram

Jaguar16

Post by Jaguar16 »

Friday action to include arrivals of Strikemaster pair, Stearman wingwalkers, Blades, Tiger Moth team, P-51 Contrary Mary, Hurricane V7497. P-51 Miss Helen and a Harvard are due to attend RAF Coningsby families day plus the usual Tiger Moth/Rapide/Spitfire T9 passenger flights. Comanche Fighters Mustang Hun Hunter is also due to fly before the show. Should be busy!

Mike

Post by Mike »

For those still undecided, the latest IWM marketing email mentions that ticket sales end at 10am tomorrow morning

Last chance!

UKAirshowTour

Post by UKAirshowTour »

Pen Pusher wrote:
Thu 22 Jul 2021, 6:43 pm
According to the latest IWM Facebook posting, they say - don't forget to book your Duxford Air Show Programme too - read about the confirmed Flying List, flying times - so rather than put the list up on Facebook/Website for every one to see, you have to fork out £8 if you want to know what the flying programme is.
Something they’ve been doing for years?

jasonT1981

Post by jasonT1981 »

It was the same last time I was at a Duxford show in 2019, you didn't know the flying schedule/times until you bought the programme on the Saturday.

8674planes

Post by 8674planes »

The Flying List on the website is the final line-up
"radial engines don't drip oil, they mark their territory"

UKAirshowTour

Post by UKAirshowTour »

That surely can’t be it??? They’ll be relying on the weather to space out the flying to 5:30 with that lineup

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

Mike wrote:
Thu 22 Jul 2021, 8:29 pm
For those still undecided, the latest IWM marketing email mentions that ticket sales end at 10am tomorrow morning

Last chance!
Cut & paste from the latest IWM marketing e-mail
LOOKING FOR SOMETHING TO DO THIS WEEKEND?
It's not too late to have a fantastic weekend at Duxford Summer Air Show this Saturday and Sunday.

Tickets will close at:

• Midnight Friday 23 July for entry on Saturday 24 July
• Midnight Saturday 24 July for entry on Sunday 25 July

Tickets are still advance only. Please check availability and book before you plan your day.
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DUXFORDfotoGALLERY on Facebook
DUXFORDfotoGALLERY on Instagram

Post by 5944 »

UKAirshowTour wrote:
Fri 23 Jul 2021, 1:38 am
That surely can’t be it??? They’ll be relying on the weather to space out the flying to 5:30 with that lineup
It's a very similar line up to the Midlands Air Festival last month, but for twice the price. Nearly half of the aircraft listed are in two display teams, plus there's another team of 4 and two teams of 2.

It's a very strong lineup for seaside show or small country show. But this is Duxford.

JJC

Post by JJC »

It does seem rather sparse for 4 hours…
''Time to dive into the fireworks!''

jasonT1981

Post by jasonT1981 »

Just about to head off to make the long trek to Duxford. 2 Buses and a flight, it's going to be a long day. Hoping we get some good weather but forecast looks dicey. For those going have a great weekend.