Can anyone get me 2 trade tickets

All the chat about the bi-annual spectacular
patrouille2001

Can anyone get me 2 trade tickets

Post by patrouille2001 »

Hi Everyone
I was wondering if anyone can get me 2 trade tickets for the Monday, as the plan is to do Friday to Sunday at RIAT, then Farnborough on the Monday to catch all the good stuff before it disappears before the weekend. Please P.M. if anyone can help.

Cheers
Paul :smile:

patrouille2001

Re: Can anyone get me 2 trade tickets

Post by patrouille2001 »

Cheers for the link. What do I put for Business as I am enthusiast and not affiliated with any business.

Many thanks for any help.

Paul :smile:

Rule 27

Post by Rule 27 »

Make it up, but make it vaguely related to aviation. Just don't put enthusiast.

stonesfan

Post by stonesfan »

If you can get them sent to your place of work it should be okay. I work at a large private school and simply put 'IT Project Manager' as my role and got tickets fine. Anything to do with Technology should suffice.

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

Be careful, I once asked this at work (public sector) and got told it would be abusing my position and a possible disciplinary matter.

patrouille2001

Post by patrouille2001 »

I would love to do this within my work, but I work within Health and Social Care and my Boss refused to help me go down this way. If anyone has any two spare trade tickets for the Monday, please message me. :smile:

Mike

Post by Mike »

As others have already said, apply yourself and put something 'appropriate' in the business section of the application.

benji1867

Post by benji1867 »

Do they not check or validate what you are claiming?

Ben

Thumper
UKAR Supporter

Post by Thumper »

I have been on a trade day before as part of work and the only checks were done on entry and to 1 of the exhibition halls with your driving license, this the company was told about before we all went, we were told to carry photographic ID. As I went legitimately with work I have no idea what to suggest to those who are 'making it all up'! I suppose all the information is there for them to check or validate it though and if they do and you're lying... that is I suppose a criminal offense, I imagine it would be "obtaining goods by deception" or perhaps even fraud. I'm not judging anyone here, just giving what I believe to be the facts. I am sure FIA have better things to do than verify thousands of trade day applicants.

Paul_Reflex

Post by Paul_Reflex »

benji1867 wrote:Do they not check or validate what you are claiming?

Ben

No, they just want the money! As long as there's no families with children and they have a nice healthy number of visitors to impress the exhibitors for 2016 with they're more than happy.

Paul

Arthur Tee

Post by Arthur Tee »

Paul_Reflex wrote:

Ben

No, they just want the money! As long as there's no families with children and they have a nice healthy number of visitors to impress the exhibitors for 2016 with they're more than happy.

Paul

It also helps if you look the part.
Leave the anorak at home! :biggrin:

Arthur
Canon PowerShot SX40HS - It's not what you've got - it's what you do with it!

Thumper
UKAR Supporter

Post by Thumper »

Not sure if it's changed since I went but our letters said "business attire" so we all went in suits which was extremely uncomfortable as it was baking hot!!

nellis6

Post by nellis6 »

Paul_Reflex wrote:

Ben

Paul

What money? You don't pay for legitimate trade day tickets. They are free!
Mike Green
Editor, Jetwash Aviation Photos
http://www.jetwashaviationphotos.com

Paul_Reflex

Post by Paul_Reflex »

nellis6 wrote:
Paul_Reflex wrote:

Ben

Paul

I take it that the trade day ticket I bought from their website for £31.50 is illegitimate then?!

Thumper
UKAR Supporter

Post by Thumper »

I think exhibitor tickets are free but if you wish to attend the show as a non-exhibitor then you pay... maybe?

parsley
UKAR Supporter

Post by parsley »

Thumper wrote:I think exhibitor tickets are free but if you wish to attend the show as a non-exhibitor then you pay... maybe?

Correct....visitors not affiliated to an exhibitor (or who couldn't blag a free one - harder to come by these days !!) pay for a trade ticket

JohnF

Post by JohnF »

If I remember correctly the confirmation email received referred to dress being 'Business to Business'.
In 2012 the weather was rubbish at times with heavy rain so I dressed accordingly and had no problems getting in.
I have certainly never worn a suit or collar and tie when attending the trade days.

Mike

Post by Mike »

parsley wrote:
Thumper wrote:I think exhibitor tickets are free but if you wish to attend the show as a non-exhibitor then you pay... maybe?

Correct....visitors not affiliated to an exhibitor (or who couldn't blag a free one - harder to come by these days !!) pay for a trade ticket

No difference, the exhibitors pay for their trade tickets too. How they chose to distribute them is up to them, but they still pay the organisers for the ticket.

RAF4EVER

Post by RAF4EVER »

I take it that the trade day ticket I bought from their website for £31.50 is illegitimate then?!

No , the ticket if you bought it fom their website, is legit, have bought 1 for the last Farnborough,and waiting for this years to drop in my mailbox. :smile:

nellis6

Post by nellis6 »

Paul_Reflex wrote:
nellis6 wrote:
Paul_Reflex wrote:

Ben

Paul

I never pay for my Farnborough ticket. Legit media/press or whatever you want to call it get them free. It's not that your ticket isn't valid, but it's not a press ticket. It's a ticket that allows you in on a non-public day. I know it's pedantic but there is a difference between being allowed to purchase a ticket on a Press Day and getting a Press Ticket
Last edited by nellis6 on Wed 07 May 2014, 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Green

nellis6

Post by nellis6 »

parsley wrote:

I'm not affiliated to an exhibitor and never have been. Still I do not pay for tickets and mine is for the week, not one particular day. As I said legit press/media get a weekly pass and do not pay for them. If you want to buy tickets for press days you can, but they are valid for one day only and not the whole week. As to attire, I never wear a suit or the like. I would just suggest not wearing jeans, shorts or scruffy t-shirts etc. Wear something like a pair of Chino's and a polo shirt and you won't have an issue
Mike Green

parsley
UKAR Supporter

Post by parsley »

nellis6 wrote:
parsley wrote:

I'm not affiliated to an exhibitor and never have been. Still I do not pay for tickets and mine is for the week, not one particular day. As I said legit press/media get a weekly pass and do not pay for them. If you want to buy tickets for press days you can, but they are valid for one day only and not the whole week. As to attire, I never wear a suit or the like. I would just suggest not wearing jeans, shorts or scruffy t-shirts etc. Wear something like a pair of Chino's and a polo shirt and you won't have an issue

To some extent Mike my answer was simplified...obviously some factions such as legit/press media do get free tickets as it's in SBAC's interest to facilitate the press and media with regards to the show...believe exhibitors used to get free tickets although that has probably changed..I know companies I've worked for in the past (and my current one) got tickets,although no longer the case..I've never worn a suit as such (apart from one year when I did have to meet up with someone in the chalets on a business related matter so shirt and tie was donned) but like you say smartish casual is no problem