Parking & busses

All the chat about the bi-annual spectacular
Jordan221992

Parking & busses

Post by Jordan221992 »

Hi, I'm going on the Friday and wondered if the parking is the same as the sat&sun ,i.e. Park at the sports fields and get bussed in, Thanks.

farnboroughrob

Re: Parking & busses

Post by farnboroughrob »

Yes and no you can do that but I prefer I gate. Parked in there today with no problem, plenty of space and you can watch the flying from there when your feet have had enough. This is at the western end on the A323 Fleet-Aldershot road and accessible from M3 jcn 4a. The signs take you the long way round from 4A follow the Farnborough (normal road not show signs) signs but at the 3rd roundabout (by old Nokia building) do a u-turn and take next left by football pitches into Kennels Lane, right at the end, straight across 1st roundabout, 2nd exit at next roundabout towards Aldershot and I gate is 1 mile on the left. Traffic was awful around the show end tonight and on A331, route above was clear. Only disadvantage is that you enter the show from the west end i.e near Vulcan and DC-10 not by the trade halls.

sonoglenn

Post by sonoglenn »

Hi,

I am going on Sunday, this sounds like a top tip, but is car park 'I' open to the public at the weekend?

Cheers

patrouille2001

Post by patrouille2001 »

farnboroughrob wrote:Yes and no you can do that but I prefer I gate. Parked in there today with no problem, plenty of space and you can watch the flying from there when your feet have had enough. This is at the western end on the A323 Fleet-Aldershot road and accessible from M3 jcn 4a. The signs take you the long way round from 4A follow the Farnborough (normal road not show signs) signs but at the 3rd roundabout (by old Nokia building) do a u-turn and take next left by football pitches into Kennels Lane, right at the end, straight across 1st roundabout, 2nd exit at next roundabout towards Aldershot and I gate is 1 mile on the left. Traffic was awful around the show end tonight and on A331, route above was clear. Only disadvantage is that you enter the show from the west end i.e near Vulcan and DC-10 not by the trade halls.

You don't have a sat nav for anywhere near that gate as I would prefer that gate.

Many Thanks
Paul

wv383

Post by wv383 »

sonoglenn wrote:Hi,

I am going on Sunday, this sounds like a top tip, but is car park 'I' open to the public at the weekend?

Cheers

Yes!

Patrouille2001 - there are no satnav directions for any of the carparks.

Farnboroughbob has got the directions totally correct but here it is in list form:

Exit M3 at J4A (southbound right hand lane on slip road at rbt 2nd exit) (northbound left hand lane on slip road - at 1st rbt 1st exit - at 2nd rbt 1st exit)

Approx 800yds at rbt 1st exit

Approx 200yds at rbt 1st exit

100yds at rbt 3rd exit

25yds turn left into Kennels Lane (beware this lane is very twisty!)

At end of Kennels Lane at rbt 2nd exit

Approx 400yds at rbt 1st exit (beware this is a new roundabout and is not shown on maps or satnavs)

Approx 200yds at rbt 2nd exit (A323 Aldershot) - on Saturday/Sunday this section will be one way only (i.e. to the show in the morning and back from the show at the end of the day)

On Saturday/Sunday the road from here to the car park is exclusively for show traffic and is closed to all other traffic

Approx 1 mile (after a left hand bend) turn left over Bailey bridge

Car park entrance is ahead of you.

Exciting car park on Friday, there is No Right Turn onto the A323. On Saturday/Sunday it will be possible to turn right onto A323

Car Park is open at 7am on Saturday/Sunday and closes at 7.30pm according to the official website.
Simon

frank

Post by frank »

farnboroughrob wrote:Yes and no you can do that but I prefer I gate. Parked in there today with no problem, plenty of space and you can watch the flying from there when your feet have had enough. This is at the western end on the A323 Fleet-Aldershot road and accessible from M3 jcn 4a. The signs take you the long way round from 4A follow the Farnborough (normal road not show signs) signs but at the 3rd roundabout (by old Nokia building) do a u-turn and take next left by football pitches into Kennels Lane, right at the end, straight across 1st roundabout, 2nd exit at next roundabout towards Aldershot and I gate is 1 mile on the left. Traffic was awful around the show end tonight and on A331, route above was clear. Only disadvantage is that you enter the show from the west end i.e near Vulcan and DC-10 not by the trade halls.

Rob excuse the silly question but can you walk from the Gate I car park to the trade halls or are you bussed over - I can see a heliport area between car park 7 and the show ground
I really want the freedom to walk not being bussed
Frank
Last edited by frank on Thu 17 Jul 2014, 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

frank

Post by frank »

Also on Friday can you turn right onto Laffans Road from the A323 Fleet road - if not can you suggest an approach
I am coming from Guildford and Hogs Back direction

wv383

Post by wv383 »

Frank, the busses take you from the car park to the nearest entrance gate which is just beyond the heliport. Unfortunately, this is at the far end of the site from the halls. It is walkable but a long walk! NOTE: the exhibition halls are closed on Saturday and Sunday with the exception of the Space Zone.

Also, no you cannot turn right from the A323 into Gate I and the entrance to the car park. If you are coming from the Aldershot direction on the A323 you have to continue past the entrance for approx 1 mile to a roundabout, go round it and head back to the gate from the opposite direction.
Simon

frank

Post by frank »

Thanks Simon

wv383

Post by wv383 »

Simon

Aviation94

Post by Aviation94 »

Hi all

Just to clarify the parking by gate I is open and free to the public at the weekend. (i.e. not reserved parking)

I'm coming on saturday but son't want the hassle of the parking in the queens parade bit.

Thanks

Nick
Canon 650d, Sigma 70-300mm, Kenko 1.4 dgx mc4 tc

Youtube: http://ow.ly/zhAed

wv383

Post by wv383 »

Yes, it's an alternative public carpark and operates in the same manner as Queen's Parade. Good luck with Saturday though as the weather forecast for this area is total pants for that day! It may well seriously affect the flying. Forecasting much better for Sunday once the thunderstorms that are due to hit on Saturday have gone through overnight.
Simon

Aviation94

Post by Aviation94 »

Ok Thanks

Just wanted to check as I know there's another car park on that road before you get to gate I (if you're coming from aldershot way).

Cheers
Canon 650d, Sigma 70-300mm, Kenko 1.4 dgx mc4 tc

Youtube: http://ow.ly/zhAed

Lightningkid70

Post by Lightningkid70 »

I can't see the information for this on the site, but can anybody say what time the free shuttle buses start returning people back to Farnborough Main rail station on the Sunday? I need to get a train from London back to Cambridge in the evening.

Many thanks!

Martin

jesterhud

Post by jesterhud »

Parking on Queens Parade was open today (Tue 12th), I chose to park in Gate I which is on airfield parking, go up the A323 Fleet Road and turn into and over Eelmoor Bridge and park down at the West end of the airfield, shuttle buses run you closer to the entrance gate by the 747-8.
For trade day visitors they will not let you in before 09:30am which is a bit annoying as the field is empty and would make photography a lot easier if we could get in a bit earlier.
All in all a great day was had today.
All the best freaks are here..