project Pegasus enclosure

All the chat about the bi-annual spectacular
farnboroughrob

project Pegasus enclosure

Post by farnboroughrob »

Last Farnborough there was a certain amount of bitching about access to an enclosure that members of the local airport watch were using. To prevent any further bitching now is the perfect time to become a member of 'project Pegasus' the local watch scheme, membership will be probably closed in early 2016. You can join here http://www.hampshire.police.uk/internet ... ct-pegasus .

There will hopefully be a enclosure in 2016, but this is at the discretion of the airshow organizers and is not guaranteed. If there is one there are a few basic rules you must agree to, no exceptions.
Everybody in the car must be a member.
Everybody must wear a florescent jacket
you must remain in the enclosure except to walk to the food van and toilets, no driving about the site
normally open 7am-7pm from Monday of arrivals week to Monday after the show, free entry.

The enclosure is set up in the I gate car park off Eelmoor Bridge and is normally opposite the last but one turn off from runway 24 and all but the light stuff roles down this far.

Rob

frank

Re: project Pegasus enclosure

Post by frank »

Thanks Rob - registered :smile:

K213

Post by K213 »

I would also like to thank Rob and also registered ; however having done so approx a week ago have not heard anything. Is this normal ?

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

Hi guys its run by the local Special Branch so they fit it in amoungst their normal duties. I think they wait until they have a few then do them all at once. Saw them at Popham a couple of weeks ago and they were still promoting the scheme.

rob

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

Just heard that new membership cards will be sent out today.
Rob

Rampvan

Post by Rampvan »

Got my card last week :biggrin:
Last edited by Rampvan on Thu 30 Jul 2015, 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wv383

Post by wv383 »

Have signed up and received my card last week. Looking forward to taking part.
Simon

K213

Post by K213 »

Likewise - card rec'd last week.

parsley
UKAR Supporter

Post by parsley »

Mine received last week as well....one thing I did notice down at Eelmore earlier this week on a brief stop en route to the Lavender Line was the amount of litter that's been dumped there...seems quite a lot of the casual observers who park up there for 10 minutes are patrons of the Aldershot Burger King !!..don't know if a bin is a possibility

P

James1971

Post by James1971 »

Finally decided to sign up to this. I'm spending the week of rehearsals and a couple of Trade days watching from outside, so it'll be nice to get another angle of the show.

My 'membership' card arrived within a week of my application :clap:
James

Canon EOS R
Canon RF 16mm
Canon RF 24-105mm
Canon RF 50mm
Canon EF 70-200 f4
Canon RF 100-400mm
Canon RF 800mm

Offbreed

Post by Offbreed »

New membership is now closed until after FIA16 :dunno:

K213

Post by K213 »

Does anyone know when there will be further information regarding the "facilities" for Project Pegasus members this year ?

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

I did speak to one of the organizers a little time ago and he said that positive meetings have been taking place and it should be the same as the last show. However there are now something like 300 members so there will obviously not be room for everyone at the same time. Last time there were no more than 20 cars at any one time. Remember this is done as a good will gesture from the show so can be withdrawn at any time. It may not be available on the public weekend as they may need the space.

lynothehammer

Post by lynothehammer »

Any news as to whether the enclosure will be open ???

effects

Post by effects »

lynothehammer wrote:Any news as to whether the enclosure will be open ???

This will depend on where the flying is to take place, hopefully some news next week.
Nikon P900 (Sony DSC-HX400V, Sony DSC-HX300 and DSC-H2 retired)

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

In previous years it opened on the Monday of arrivals week and then closed on the afternoon of the Monday after the show. We normally do not use it on the public weekend so they have more parking spaces. Have heard nothing to believe there is anything different this year?

lynothehammer

Post by lynothehammer »

farnboroughrob wrote:

In previous years it opened on the Monday of arrivals week and then closed on the afternoon of the Monday after the show. We normally do not use it on the public weekend so they have more parking spaces. Have heard nothing to believe there is anything different this year?

Fingers crossed... :D

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

This was recieved today about the enclosure...

Ladies and Gents,

As Pegasus members you are invited to use the viewing area on the run up to, during and for a few days after the air show.

The first day should be Monday 4th July and closing on Tuesday 19th July. The area will be open to members between 07:00 - 17:30 each day.

Entry to the area will be via Eelmoor Bridge. I will update with full details nearer the time and provide a contact number for any issues.

These dates may change as they are dependant on the set up of the security fencing by contractors.

All members MUST wear their membership card so it is visible at all times

All members MUST wear a High Viz vest/jacket at all times.

Members MUST stay in the designated area allocated.

No membership card, No High Viz...NO ENTRY or DIRECTED TO LEAVE.

Farnborough International are very generous in offering this facility to the membership.

It is set up and run on a daily basis by a few of our members who give up their own time to make the facility work. We have been allowed to use the area for the last few air shows because of the good behaviour of members and excellent cooperation with the show organisers and site security.

This will only continue if the members using the facilty represent Project Pegasus well, so we can make use of the facility for our members in the future.

This is a privilege accorded to Members of Project Pegasus and can be withdrawn without notice or reason from individuals or the group at any time by Farnborough International.

By attending you agree to these terms

The scheme is now closed to new members. In previous years we have decided not to use the area during the public days to give the show more parking. The car park is actually open 7am-7pm, there is normally a burger van, small shop and toilets, which you can walk to. The first couple of days will be a bit different as they only have a temporary enclosure until they build the crowd line Tue/Wed. Step ladders welcome!

K213

Post by K213 »

Farbboroughrob

Thanks for the information on the enclosure.

Was the information you posted sent round by e-mail to Pagasus members - as I rec' no communication?

Jetnoise

Post by Jetnoise »

I had the email this morning - don't know about other members - I joined 2 years ago.

Cheers,
Ralph
www.ralphluntphotography.com
www.jetnoise.co.uk
There's only one way to skin a cat - with a very sharp knife.

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

K213 wrote:Farbboroughrob

Thanks for the information on the enclosure.

Was the information you posted sent round by e-mail to Pagasus members - as I rec' no communication?

Yes if you are a member you should have received that email yesterday.

Rob

K213

Post by K213 »

Thanks - I have a copy of the membership letter and have contacted them to raise a query re the e-mails.

lynothehammer

Post by lynothehammer »

Does anyone have an contact email address ? my old email has expired so need to update it.

Cheers

Steve

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

lynothehammer wrote:Does anyone have an contact email address ? my old email has expired so need to update it.

Cheers

Steve

Hi steve should be Pegasusmembers@hampshire.pnn.police.uk

Rob

lynothehammer

Post by lynothehammer »

farnboroughrob wrote:
lynothehammer wrote:Does anyone have an contact email address ? my old email has expired so need to update it.

Cheers

Steve

Hi steve should be Pegasusmembers@hampshire.pnn.police.uk

Rob

Thanks Rob, appreciated...