Farnborough 2016

All the chat about the bi-annual spectacular
G-CVIX

Re: Farnborough 2016

Post by G-CVIX »

effects wrote:
boff180 wrote:I strongly believe it's all down to what your name badge says underneath your name, the snobbery point being that if they see your badge and don't think there is money in it they don't want to know. I can't use my works name on my badge (public sector, classed as abusing your position).

Well Rampers and I both work for a security company at FIA (not g4s) and have had no problems engaging in chat with all manner of companies and in the process being given a vast amount of gizzits and offered tea/coffee/beer and food, most of the reps are happy to chat to anyone. Maybe you just can't 'talk the talk'.

No, you just literally confirmed what Andy said... That it's what it says on your badge that matters.

I had a terrible time at Farnborough in 2008 and I haven't been back since. I foolishly went on a public day and as had been said, about half of the advertised flying had either gone home or just sat there, and there was no commentary speakers at the area of crowdline I was seated. (Somewhere around rotation point). No updates over the pa about the schedule changes. Nothing.

You shouldn't have to lie to view an airshow to it's full potential. If it was Europe I'm confident that even if the entire show was "trade only", they would arrange a spotters day to see arrivals and departures. The point is, they try. How hard would it be to allow a limited presale to enthusiasts in advance for the trade days?

Yes airshows are about buying and selling aircraft but theyre also about showing the public where their money is going.

It would take something entirely unique and special, that was not going to any other show in the forseeable future, to make me go back here.

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

G-CVIX wrote:
effects wrote:[quote="boff180"

You shouldn't have to lie to view an airshow to it's full potential. If it was Europe I'm confident that even if the entire show was "trade only", they would arrange a spotters day to see arrivals and departures. The point is, they try. How hard would it be to allow a limited presale to enthusiasts in advance for the trade days?

If you join the local airport watch scheme, 'operation pegasus' you get exactly that for free! You get a runway side parking area opposite the main runway turnoff for anything but the light aircraft. Access to food van and toilets too, from the Monday before the show to the Monday after, see my other thread. I can't say I have ever tried to interact with those who are there for genuine trade purposes so can't comment on the snobbishness. However remember these people are being paid to be there to drum up business and we do not fulfill that need.

Rampvan

Post by Rampvan »

G-CVIX wrote:
No, you just literally confirmed what Andy said... That it's what it says on your badge that matters. .

we dont wear badges...so that cant be the case....we dont dress as someone who wants to buy a business jet or any other aviation related item...so that cant be the case

G-CVIX wrote:You shouldn't have to lie to view an airshow to it's full potential. If it was Europe I'm confident that even if the entire show was "trade only", they would arrange a spotters day to see arrivals and departures. The point is, they try. How hard would it be to allow a limited presale to enthusiasts in advance for the trade days? .

CVIX see "Project Pegasus" thread as robfarnborough mentions

skidd40

Post by skidd40 »

Spent sunday last year after a break of quite a few years quickly remembered the reasons i stopped going .... The general populous coupled with little no Marshalling, information or customer service and above all at the back of my mind the growing feeling that the pubic days do not matter and if they could get rid of then they would , shame so many great memories of the place as a youngster