FIA 2016 Participants

Re: FIA 2016 Participants

Postby Aviation94 on Thu 07 Jul 2016, 7:39 am

Am I right in saying that the centre line is where the kitchen compound, suites & deck chairs are or is it further west than that?
Canon 650d, Sigma 70-300mm, Kenko 1.4 dgx mc4 tc

Youtube: http://ow.ly/zhAed
User avatar
Aviation94

Re: FIA 2016 Participants

Postby Aviation94 on Thu 07 Jul 2016, 11:38 am

I've just noticed a few tweets about a gripen validating. I can't seem to see it anywhere on the website. Is it displaying on trade or weekend or both?
Canon 650d, Sigma 70-300mm, Kenko 1.4 dgx mc4 tc

Youtube: http://ow.ly/zhAed
User avatar
Aviation94

Re: FIA 2016 Participants

Postby wv383 on Thu 07 Jul 2016, 3:04 pm

Aviation94 wrote:Am I right in saying that the centre line is where the kitchen compound, suites & deck chairs are or is it further west than that?


Pretty much exactly where you say. That is the Flightline Hospitality area.
Simon
wv383

Re: FIA 2016 Participants

Postby FarnboroJohn on Fri 08 Jul 2016, 5:21 pm

Lockheed Electra Junior validated this afternoon, three passes with pauses to turn round that would have done for toilet breaks. Hope Legends is going to get a bit more, as the display made the Connie look like the Bearcat.

John
FarnboroJohn

Re: FIA 2016 Participants

Postby CalumG on Sun 10 Jul 2016, 6:28 pm

From the FIA Facebook Page.

Some new additions to the weekend flying display; Antonov AN178 (SAT Only) and Starduster (SAT & SUN).
CalumG

Re: FIA 2016 Participants

Postby paullangford on Mon 11 Jul 2016, 8:08 am

Mondays Schedule

1030 Red Arrows & F-35 flypast
1300 Ornithopter
1308 AR4
1315 Spotter
1322 Prospero
1330 AIRBUS A380
1337 AIRBUS A350
........ AIRBUS A380 lands
1344 AIRBUS A400M
........ AIRBUS A350 lands
........ AIRBUS A400M lands
1352 F/A-18
1402 DART 450
1412 Typhoon
1422 M346
1429 JAS 39 Gripen
1440 Black Cats
1455 Do 328
1505 An 178
1513 787
1522 727
1533 737
1542 P-8
1555 F-35

http://www.farnborough.com/trade/files/ ... ulemon.pdf
User avatar
paullangford

Re: FIA 2016 Participants

Postby timuss on Mon 11 Jul 2016, 2:02 pm

All flying cancelled for the day.
Canon 7Dmk2
Canon 7D
Sigma 18-200
Sigma 10-20
Canon 100-400 L IS II
Icom ICR-2 Scanner
PSN: timuss
timuss

Re: FIA 2016 Participants

Postby st24 on Mon 11 Jul 2016, 2:29 pm

Incredible pictures of flooding and virtual waterfalls in the showground on twitter... :shock:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!
User avatar
st24

Re: FIA 2016 Participants

Postby Markie on Mon 11 Jul 2016, 3:00 pm

Thanks for the list Paul, was looking on the website earlier, always seems to be hidden each year.

Rain was incredible, a real torrent. Thought I'd pop up for 45mins whilst working from home. Parked in local supermarket, saw 3 planes and that was it. At first I thought it was a shower but chucked it down for 45mins
Markie

Re: FIA 2016 Participants

Postby Rampvan on Mon 11 Jul 2016, 3:54 pm

wv383 wrote:
Aviation94 wrote:Am I right in saying that the centre line is where the kitchen compound, suites & deck chairs are or is it further west than that?


Pretty much exactly where you say. That is the Flightline Hospitality area.


Havnt replied before today as wanted to have a look from
Inside, the grandstands ( free and open today, while the flying lasted!!) are next to and west of Xray taxiway, ( the 747 and 124 are parked on Xray) and are located the same place as last show, display centre is directly in front of the grandstands, the same place it was last show!
Last edited by Rampvan on Mon 11 Jul 2016, 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Rampvan

Re: FIA 2016 Participants

Postby Offbreed on Mon 11 Jul 2016, 4:52 pm

st24 wrote:Incredible pictures of flooding and virtual waterfalls in the showground on twitter... :shock:

The Farnborough falls were most impressive :lol:
User avatar
Offbreed

Re: FIA 2016 Participants

Postby paullangford on Mon 11 Jul 2016, 7:52 pm

Markie wrote:Thanks for the list Paul, was looking on the website earlier, always seems to be hidden each year.

Rain was incredible, a real torrent. Thought I'd pop up for 45mins whilst working from home. Parked in local supermarket, saw 3 planes and that was it. At first I thought it was a shower but chucked it down for 45mins


My pleasure...Thank you :smile:
User avatar
paullangford

Re: FIA 2016 Participants

Postby effects on Mon 11 Jul 2016, 8:08 pm

Looks like we have a US based C130 inbd 5000ft over Tadley 2109L
Sony DSC-HX400V (Sony DSC-HX300 and DSC-H2 retired)
User avatar
effects

Re: FIA 2016 Participants

Postby wv383 on Mon 11 Jul 2016, 9:28 pm

Markie wrote:Thanks for the list Paul, was looking on the website earlier, always seems to be hidden each year.

Rain was incredible, a real torrent. Thought I'd pop up for 45mins whilst working from home. Parked in local supermarket, saw 3 planes and that was it. At first I thought it was a shower but chucked it down for 45mins


This is the link to the Flying Display page of the Trade Show website. On here you will see each day highlighted in yellow. Each day is added the evening before. Click on the day for the pdf of the display map with timings and static list:

http://www.farnborough.com/trade/Content/Aircraft
Simon
wv383

Re: FIA 2016 Participants

Postby Markie on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 1:39 pm

Yep, found it now. Thanks
Markie

Re: FIA 2016 Participants

Postby Dan O'Hagan on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 1:56 pm

Super Hornet's "low level knifedge pass" got at least two of the words right...
User avatar
Dan O'Hagan

Re: FIA 2016 Participants

Postby 2E0TVR on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 3:09 pm

Hi, is the F-35 and Hercules flypast on every day this week? Thank you.
2E0TVR

Re: FIA 2016 Participants

Postby Dan O'Hagan on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 3:37 pm

A typical UK military commentary (RN this time) sucking the life out of the Dave display today.

Does no-one in our military even think about the commentary being a key ingredient of the presentation? They always have the same voice, and the same lack of enthusiasm, reading from a script.

Say what you like about the American commentaries, but they certainly can't be faulted for enthusiasm.
User avatar
Dan O'Hagan

Re: FIA 2016 Participants

Postby lynothehammer on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 6:05 pm

Dan O'Hagan wrote:A typical UK military commentary (RN this time) sucking the life out of the Dave display today.

Does no-one in our military even think about the commentary being a key ingredient of the presentation? They always have the same voice, and the same lack of enthusiasm, reading from a script.

Say what you like about the American commentaries, but they certainly can't be faulted for enthusiasm.


Lots of mistakes today from the commentary team throughout the afternoon, but in all fairness i thought the actual air display was pretty decent with a nice different blend of aircraft compared to RIAT.

I had very low expectations going in this morning but i've come away very happy this afternoon.
User avatar
lynothehammer

Re: FIA 2016 Participants

Postby wv383 on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 6:11 pm

2E0TVR wrote:Hi, is the F-35 and Hercules flypast on every day this week? Thank you.


No, it was today only.
Simon
wv383

Re: FIA 2016 Participants

Postby red_snow on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 6:41 pm

Hello chaps,

Those of you whom are well versed in Farnborough, could I have your thoughts please re: Friday?

I know that the display for "Fab Friday" is posted here: http://www.farnborough.com/public/Conte ... play/4_42/ ....... However my Q, do you think this will grow? £36 for a ticket seems a little steep to me?

Thank you
User avatar
red_snow

Re: FIA 2016 Participants

Postby 2E0TVR on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 7:20 pm

wv383 wrote:
2E0TVR wrote:Hi, is the F-35 and Hercules flypast on every day this week? Thank you.


No, it was today only.


OK. Thanks.
2E0TVR

Re: FIA 2016 Participants

Postby Thunderstruck on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 7:56 pm

No F-35 tomorrow then? I've booked the day off work to go, so that's disappointing! Good job I saw it at RIAT at the weekend.
Thunderstruck

Re: FIA 2016 Participants

Postby Offbreed on Wed 13 Jul 2016, 12:00 am

Thunderstruck wrote:No F-35 tomorrow then? I've booked the day off work to go, so that's disappointing! Good job I saw it at RIAT at the weekend.

Quite surprised by that, with it being military day Wednesday.
http://www.farnborough.com/trade/files/ ... ulewed.pdf
User avatar
Offbreed

Re: FIA 2016 Participants

Postby Steve Thomson on Wed 13 Jul 2016, 7:44 am

Are the 747 & 787 still leaving today?
Steve Thomson

PreviousNext

Return to Farnborough International Airshow

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests