RAF Cosford Air Show 2019 - Sunday 9th June 2019

Re: RAF Cosford Air Show 2019 - Sunday 9th June 2019

Postby Cole on Sat 11 May 2019, 5:30 pm

BossMann wrote:Fighter Meet '94 at North Weald had the honour of being chosen as the RAF's official 50th D-Day airshow - foreign participation included French Air Force Jaguar Pair, Mirage 2000, F16 Fighting Falcon (??Belgian), USAF F-15 Eagle Flypast, Dutch F27 Troopship

Now that would be a great addition :lol:
Canon 750D & Canon 75-300

The Jacket kid

Sorry Goose, but its time to Buzz the tower...

Dudley, West Midlands
User avatar
Cole

Re: RAF Cosford Air Show 2019 - Sunday 9th June 2019

Postby Airshowhammer on Sun 12 May 2019, 6:48 am

BossMann wrote:Now that the D-Day anniversary 25/26 aircraft flypast has been confirmed for Portsmouth on the 5th June I wonder if it or any elements of it could be repeated at RAF Cosford, especially if there are any international aircraft in the flypast?



Why would it? I'd understand if it was the same day, but Cosford is a few days later. Daks over Normandy at Duxford is within more of a shout if anything.
Airshowhammer

Re: RAF Cosford Air Show 2019 - Sunday 9th June 2019

Postby PeterR on Sun 12 May 2019, 11:27 am

st24 wrote:Museum airframes will be on view though nothing new.......

The Harrier GR3 from the RAF Museum is different to the RAF Cosford airframe which is usually on static. The Museum's example is XZ997, which wears 4 Squadron markings, and only arrived at Cosford late last year after leaving Hendon and being used on the RAF100 roadshow around various city centres. Our Harrier GR3 - XZ991 - will also be on display. Also, the RAF Musuem's Jet Provost T1 is coming outside to form part of our special JP anniversary line-up, which hasn't been outside in recent years.
PeterR

Re: RAF Cosford Air Show 2019 - Sunday 9th June 2019

Postby PeterR on Sun 12 May 2019, 11:29 am

BossMann wrote:Is the RAF Cosford Airshow the RAF's official 75th D-Day anniversary Airshow??

Nope. We would clash with official events in Normandy our weekend, and it would have be impossible for us to secure some of the aircraft needed to make a D-Day anniversary work, such as Dakotas.
PeterR

Re: RAF Cosford Air Show 2019 - Sunday 9th June 2019

Postby Abbo46 on Sun 12 May 2019, 12:35 pm

Any idea which Air Leasing Buchon is due to attend?
User avatar
Abbo46

Re: RAF Cosford Air Show 2019 - Sunday 9th June 2019

Postby Tom105 on Sun 12 May 2019, 1:33 pm

Yellow 7 I believe
Thomas
Tom105

Re: RAF Cosford Air Show 2019 - Sunday 9th June 2019

Postby Bedslanc on Tue 14 May 2019, 3:52 pm

Tmyers123 wrote:According to the website, an SF.260 will be performing a flypast too. :up:

Looking at cosford website I cant see this has it now been removed wasn't it meant to be part of a NATO flypast
Bedslanc

Re: RAF Cosford Air Show 2019 - Sunday 9th June 2019

Postby Abbo46 on Tue 14 May 2019, 4:07 pm

Static example removed as well.
User avatar
Abbo46

Re: RAF Cosford Air Show 2019 - Sunday 9th June 2019

Postby PeterR on Sun 19 May 2019, 2:05 pm

Abbo46 wrote:Any idea which Air Leasing Buchon is due to attend?

Planned to be 'Red 11' the two-seater on static display in the Vintage Village.

Bedslanc wrote:Looking at cosford website I cant see this has it now been removed wasn't it meant to be part of a NATO flypast

Sadly the Belgian Air Force have withdrawn the SF.260s from the Air Show, due to commitments at home.
PeterR

Re: RAF Cosford Air Show 2019 - Sunday 9th June 2019

Postby borismorris on Sun 19 May 2019, 5:11 pm

Thats unfortunate about the Belgians Peter, but better now than in the days leading up to Showtime..

Any morsels you can dangle by way of a hint or teaser? Any late additions likely?

:biggrin:
borismorris

Re: RAF Cosford Air Show 2019 - Sunday 9th June 2019

Postby Westhammatt on Sun 19 May 2019, 8:27 pm

Would love to see an f35 or F-15 d/day markings flyby if possible, shame about the Belgians sf but commitments come first
Westhammatt

Re: RAF Cosford Air Show 2019 - Sunday 9th June 2019

Postby st24 on Mon 20 May 2019, 9:36 am

PeterR wrote:
st24 wrote:Museum airframes will be on view though nothing new.......

The Harrier GR3 from the RAF Museum is different to the RAF Cosford airframe which is usually on static. The Museum's example is XZ997, which wears 4 Squadron markings, and only arrived at Cosford late last year after leaving Hendon and being used on the RAF100 roadshow around various city centres. Our Harrier GR3 - XZ991 - will also be on display. Also, the RAF Musuem's Jet Provost T1 is coming outside to form part of our special JP anniversary line-up, which hasn't been outside in recent years.

:up: Thanks for the update; so 2 proper Harriers on static...lovely! Any ideas yet what will be gracing the revetments??
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!
User avatar
st24

Re: RAF Cosford Air Show 2019 - Sunday 9th June 2019

Postby capercaillie on Mon 20 May 2019, 9:55 am

st24 wrote:
PeterR wrote:
st24 wrote:Museum airframes will be on view though nothing new.......

The Harrier GR3 from the RAF Museum is different to the RAF Cosford airframe which is usually on static. The Museum's example is XZ997, which wears 4 Squadron markings, and only arrived at Cosford late last year after leaving Hendon and being used on the RAF100 roadshow around various city centres. Our Harrier GR3 - XZ991 - will also be on display. Also, the RAF Musuem's Jet Provost T1 is coming outside to form part of our special JP anniversary line-up, which hasn't been outside in recent years.

:up: Thanks for the update; so 2 proper Harriers on static...lovely! Any ideas yet what will be gracing the revetments??


Maybe the VAAC as well, making 3? :shock:
"The surrogate voice of st24"
User avatar
capercaillie

Re: RAF Cosford Air Show 2019 - Sunday 9th June 2019

Postby Kieran19 on Mon 20 May 2019, 10:18 am

Tickets purchased! :yahoo: Here's hoping for a few more additions to the already excellent line up. Looking forward to arrivals on Saturday and then the show on Sunday. :biggrin: :biggrin:
Kieran19

Re: RAF Cosford Air Show 2019 - Sunday 9th June 2019

Postby st24 on Mon 20 May 2019, 11:16 am

capercaillie wrote:
st24 wrote:
PeterR wrote:
st24 wrote:Museum airframes will be on view though nothing new.......

The Harrier GR3 from the RAF Museum is different to the RAF Cosford airframe which is usually on static. The Museum's example is XZ997, which wears 4 Squadron markings, and only arrived at Cosford late last year after leaving Hendon and being used on the RAF100 roadshow around various city centres. Our Harrier GR3 - XZ991 - will also be on display. Also, the RAF Musuem's Jet Provost T1 is coming outside to form part of our special JP anniversary line-up, which hasn't been outside in recent years.

:up: Thanks for the update; so 2 proper Harriers on static...lovely! Any ideas yet what will be gracing the revetments??


Maybe the VAAC as well, making 3? :shock:


A 2 seater a proper Harrier?!? - go on then, as it's ripple :grin:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!
User avatar
st24

Re: RAF Cosford Air Show 2019 - Sunday 9th June 2019

Postby PeterR on Tue 21 May 2019, 5:25 pm

st24 wrote:Any ideas yet what will be gracing the revetments??

The DOTA area will have four old-school Jaguar GR1 parked within it for 2019. Only two in the blast-pens themselves, at 45 degree angles to the cone line. Any requests on particular registrations...? :icecream:
PeterR

Re: RAF Cosford Air Show 2019 - Sunday 9th June 2019

Postby Abbo46 on Tue 21 May 2019, 5:43 pm

VAAC Harrier leaving Cosford after the show.
User avatar
Abbo46

Re: RAF Cosford Air Show 2019 - Sunday 9th June 2019

Postby Mike on Tue 21 May 2019, 6:13 pm

The VAAC Harrier has been acquired by Jet Art, after being turned down by several museums including the RAF Museum.
Mike

Re: RAF Cosford Air Show 2019 - Sunday 9th June 2019

Postby BossMann on Wed 22 May 2019, 6:22 am

With the deployment of 617 squadron to Cyprus for 6 weeks I guess we won’t be seeing a RAF F35B at Cosford....
BossMann

Re: RAF Cosford Air Show 2019 - Sunday 9th June 2019

Postby Adamwilliams132 on Wed 22 May 2019, 8:23 am

BossMann wrote:With the deployment of 617 squadron to Cyprus for 6 weeks I guess we won’t be seeing a RAF F35B at Cosford....

Is there not some still flying in the UK ? Or has our full fleet deployed ? Poor showing if there’s an airframe just sat on the tarmac at Marham. Poor show from the home team as such with no F-35 or any heavies for static or flypasts.
Adamwilliams132

Re: RAF Cosford Air Show 2019 - Sunday 9th June 2019

Postby CJS on Wed 22 May 2019, 11:31 am

Adamwilliams132 wrote:
BossMann wrote:With the deployment of 617 squadron to Cyprus for 6 weeks I guess we won’t be seeing a RAF F35B at Cosford....

Is there not some still flying in the UK ? Or has our full fleet deployed ? Poor showing if there’s an airframe just sat on the tarmac at Marham. Poor show from the home team as such with no F-35 or any heavies for static or flypasts.


I know, rubbish isn't it - I mean they've only got all four of the fixed wing display teams appearing... :whistle:
"Forewarned is forearmed"
How do you know I didn't?
User avatar
CJS

Re: RAF Cosford Air Show 2019 - Sunday 9th June 2019

Postby Adamwilliams132 on Wed 22 May 2019, 2:27 pm

CJS wrote:
Adamwilliams132 wrote:
BossMann wrote:With the deployment of 617 squadron to Cyprus for 6 weeks I guess we won’t be seeing a RAF F35B at Cosford....

Is there not some still flying in the UK ? Or has our full fleet deployed ? Poor showing if there’s an airframe just sat on the tarmac at Marham. Poor show from the home team as such with no F-35 or any heavies for static or flypasts.


I know, rubbish isn't it - I mean they've only got all four of the fixed wing display teams appearing... :whistle:


Which is surely a given for the RAF’s only show.... my point is more that the RAF obviously don’t care about showcasing there assets to the public and many possible future recruits where as the Navy can. Up until very recently look at the amount of assets used in the commando assault at Yeovilton but the RAF can’t even provide
One of each type that can be accomadeted at Cosford for static IE a Chinook or an A-400M or Herc on static. Can’t quite remember if it was last year or 2017 where there was an RAF voyager that routed over the welsh border not even 5 minutes flying time from Cosford but it went straight to Brize rather than even one flypast to showcase the aircraft. To me that just shows a lack of will to support the show. Cosford as a show has
Been improving year after year recently and I hope this continues to be the case but I believe this is just because of Peter and his team getting foreign participation and interesting civilian acts. The RAFs support for the air show is dwindling and in the next few years I can see Cosford becoming a civilian organised show.

Just my opinions before I get the airforce are here to protect the nation not for airshows brigade on my back. (So are the Navy but they manage to get a decent amount of there assets to there show.)
Adamwilliams132

Re: RAF Cosford Air Show 2019 - Sunday 9th June 2019

Postby Tmyers123 on Wed 22 May 2019, 3:15 pm

Adamwilliams132 wrote:Just my opinions before I get the airforce are here to protect the nation not for airshows brigade on my back. (So are the Navy but they manage to get a decent amount of there assets to there show.)


That might have something to do with most of their assets being based at the show venue? :facepalm:
User avatar
Tmyers123

Re: RAF Cosford Air Show 2019 - Sunday 9th June 2019

Postby CJS on Wed 22 May 2019, 5:34 pm

Probably helps! Could Cosford even take an A400m?
"Forewarned is forearmed"
How do you know I didn't?
User avatar
CJS

Re: RAF Cosford Air Show 2019 - Sunday 9th June 2019

Postby Abbo46 on Wed 22 May 2019, 5:36 pm

Yes, one was on static in 2017.
User avatar
Abbo46

PreviousNext

Return to RAF Cosford Air Show

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests