RAF Cosford Airshow 2020 - 14th June 2020

Re: RAF Cosford Airshow 2020 - 14th June 2020

Postby stevebrodie on Mon 23 Mar 2020, 2:00 pm

CJS wrote:I would read this as 'postponed to 2021' to be honest.

Be lovely to think it could still happen this year, but given that the earliest date would likely be sometime in September, and that the season generally ends by the end of September, I'd say a postponement to any time this year, however welcome, would be pretty miraculous!

I agree. If any airshow goes ahead, its probably going to be well over subscribed !
Viper: Good morning, gentlemen, the temperature is 110 degrees
stevebrodie

Postby Wrexham Mackem on Mon 23 Mar 2020, 2:06 pm

There's a chance isn't there, and while there's a chance it would be a shame to write it off. But yes, I'd have thought September would be the aim.

If it turns out not to be possible, the show organisers kept the faith and tried. And if we do contain this thing and we get some semblance of normality back by late summer it will be one very welcome day out.

If not, then its not to be.

Very welcome positivity Cosford, I applaud you. :clap:
its time to kick the tyres and light the fires

https://www.flickr.com/photos/151934326@N08/albums
Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Postby Finningley Boy on Mon 23 Mar 2020, 2:24 pm

stevebrodie wrote:
CJS wrote:I would read this as 'postponed to 2021' to be honest.

Be lovely to think it could still happen this year, but given that the earliest date would likely be sometime in September, and that the season generally ends by the end of September, I'd say a postponement to any time this year, however welcome, would be pretty miraculous!

I agree. If any airshow goes ahead, its probably going to be well over subscribed !

Never heard of the Battle of Britain "At Home" day? It used to be September that was known as the "silly season" in RAF circles. First the Farnborough weekend then the "At Homes".

FB

PS If its postponed for 12 months then there is no point at all in claiming its postponed, its cancelled in that case. It is an established routine annual event and I don't like this playing with words trying to mask another meaning. Postponed means they intend to hold it this year still. I trust they will clarify this and if they do really mean cancelled this year then what are actually trying to say?
I have danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings!
Finningley Boy

Postby Rich.B on Mon 23 Mar 2020, 7:37 pm

Slim chance it could be held in September, if you read there press release. though it is a slim chance.
Rich.B

Postby MiG_Eater on Mon 23 Mar 2020, 7:54 pm

September is the right time for an RAF Airshow. I really do hope this happens!
MiG_Eater

Postby borismorris on Mon 23 Mar 2020, 10:51 pm

Everything I have seen from the official channels today has said the desire is there to put on a September show, providing it’s viable.

Take a look at their Twitter feed for exact wording

Failing that, those who have 2020 tickets will have super super super earlybird tickets for 2021
borismorris

Postby jasonT1981 on Sat 28 Mar 2020, 8:18 pm

Would love to transfer tickets to next show, but without knowing dates its impossible for me to be able to do so.
jasonT1981

Previous

Return to RAF Cosford Air Show