Cosford 2014 News [MAIN THREAD]

Forum for information about the annual show at RAF Cosford
D200

Cosford 2014 News [MAIN THREAD]

Post by D200 »

2014 Air Show ticket prices frozen ~ Sunday 8th June 2014

Date:- 31 October 2014

We are delighted to announce that tickets prices for 2014 have been frozen for another year and will be on sale in early 2014. Keep an eye on our facebook and twitter pages for announcements.

Advance Ticket Price:
£20
On the Gate Price:
£25*
Accompanied Children under 16:
FREE
Parking:
FREE
* subject to limited availability on the day

If you can’t wait until then or are looking for gift ideas we are offering a special Christmas package on sale now!
Tickets are at the advance price of £20 each and for a £3.50 postage and packaging charge (per order, not per ticket) we will send you one blank charity Christmas card (of your choice) containing a voucher for the number of tickets you require and also post the tickets to the lucky recipient in early 2014.

Christmas Card Designs (see http://www.cosfordairshow.co.uk)

If you would like to take advantage of this offer please send your name, address and contact details together with choice of card and the quantity of tickets you require by either:

Email to info@cosfordairshow.co.uk
Please put “Christmas” in the subject line
We will then reply with BACS details in order for you to make payment.

Call 01902 377922

Send a cheque made payable to “RAF Cosford Air Show” to:
Christmas Package
Air Show Office
RAF Cosford
Wolverhampton
WV7 3EX

At the present time we are unable to accept card payments.

**THIS OFFER IS AVAILABLE UNTIL 9TH DECEMBER 2013**

Nivvy

Re: 2014 News & Press Releases.

Post by Nivvy »

any news on the Cosford club?

D200

Post by D200 »

The Cosford Club will definitely be repeated in 2014. Further information will be on the website www.cosfordairshow.co.uk before Christmas. We already know from enquiries that many who attended the Cosford Club this year propose to return in 2014. You can register an interest at info at cosfordairshow dot com.

D200

Post by D200 »

Cosford Club 2014:

Tickets for next year’s enclosure will be priced at £58 per adult and £26 per child (5-15)

Booking will be open to the general public from Friday 22nd November.

2013 was a sell out and with many already of last years visitors already taking advantage of 'Repeaters priority booking' availability cannot be guaranteed.

MRTT

Post by MRTT »

According to Flightline the Gyrocopter is confirmed.
2016 Shows
Duxford Spring
Weston
Cosford
Yeovilton
RIAT
Bournemouth
Jersey

Flare Path

Post by Flare Path »

Waddo55 wrote:According to Flightline the Gyrocopter is confirmed.

Would that be Air Total? Super little display if so - smoke and all. :up:

EDIT: Also displaying at the press preview in March.

MRTT

Post by MRTT »

Yep Air Total.
2016 Shows
Duxford Spring
Weston
Cosford
Yeovilton
RIAT
Bournemouth
Jersey

D200

Post by D200 »

The only thing that is confirmed for 2014 at this time is that there will be no General Aviation day visitors in 2014 and therefore an almost clear crowdline will prevail. The only 'obstructions' will be displaying aircraft which are usually made welcome close to the crowd. The display aircraft will mostly be parked east of the mid-point as usual.

Several display teams have included Cosford on their calendar which is very optimistic of them, as nobody is confirmed.

MRTT

Post by MRTT »

Ok sorry
2016 Shows
Duxford Spring
Weston
Cosford
Yeovilton
RIAT
Bournemouth
Jersey

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

D200 wrote:The only thing that is confirmed for 2014 at this time is that there will be no General Aviation day visitors in 2014 and therefore an almost clear crowdline will prevail. The only 'obstructions' will be displaying aircraft which are usually made welcome close to the crowd.

Interesting. Does that mean that GA stuff will simply be parked away from the crowd or that there won't be any GA stuff full stop?

PeterR

Post by PeterR »

Tommy wrote:
D200 wrote:The only thing that is confirmed for 2014 at this time is that there will be no General Aviation day visitors in 2014 and therefore an almost clear crowdline will prevail. The only 'obstructions' will be displaying aircraft which are usually made welcome close to the crowd.

Interesting. Does that mean that GA stuff will simply be parked away from the crowd or that there won't be any GA stuff full stop?

Clue is in the original post... ...there will be no General Aviation day visitors in 2014... :wink:

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

PeterR wrote:
Tommy wrote:

Clue is in the original post... ...there will be no General Aviation day visitors in 2014... :wink:

Cheers Peter, I must have misread it. Its been a long weekend with me trying (and failing) to still be a student... :sleepy:

I have no idea, and I'm happy to be corrected but do GA day visitors pay any sort landing fee or similar? Surely that's a bit of a hit to the show's income?

D200

Post by D200 »

Alternative arrangements are being staffed for GA visitors to access the event via Halfpenny Green and a Helicopter Air Taxi service. Helicopter equiped visitors will be permitted at Cosford. There is a much bigger picture that will become clear when traffic routing arrangements are formally announced.

Flare Path

Re: Cosford 2014 News [MAIN THREAD]

Post by Flare Path »

The Facebook page suggested there was to be an 'exciting' announcement a few weeks ago - did I miss it? :dunno:

MRTT

Post by MRTT »

While the Tutor has been confirmed :grin:
2016 Shows
Duxford Spring
Weston
Cosford
Yeovilton
RIAT
Bournemouth
Jersey

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

RJC1878 wrote:The Facebook page suggested there was to be an 'exciting' announcement a few weeks ago - did I miss it? :dunno:

Saw it on the Twitter page too. Haven't heard anything though.

Perhaps its the GR3 progress?

PeterR

Post by PeterR »

The announcement was that general admission tickets are now on sale, prices frozen again, but this year numbers are capped to avoid a repeat of last years traffic situation. However here are a few bits of news on how the planning is going, can't divulge too much as some aspects aren't confirmed yet and obviously things change constantly...

The Harrier GR3 & Harrier GR9 are looking spectacular now, and should be looking even better by June. GR3 will be in Falklands configuration and has plenty of new toys and should have new squadron markings very soon. The GR9 has also had a number of toys acquired for it, and now has unit markings applied - 4(R) on one side and 800 NAS the other. One of the show's themes is the 50th Anniversary of V/STOL and we're hoping to have a number of other aircraft join this element of the show...

Flying display bookings are still ongoing, and we might release details of some of our displays at the press launch next month. We are in talks with a number of foreign nations regarding displays but obviously these aren't totally confirmed so I can't tell you who/what!

Seahornet

Post by Seahornet »

PeterR wrote:...One of the show's themes is the 50th Anniversary of V/STOL ...

50years? Quite a number of V/STOL aircraft pre-date the P1127, and that first flew in 1960! :question:
And as the smart ship grew,
In stature, grace and hue,
In shadowy silent distance grew the iceberg too....

PeterR

Post by PeterR »

Kestrel first flew in 1964..! :wink:

FMS

Post by FMS »

PeterR wrote: but this year numbers are capped to avoid a repeat of last years traffic situation.

Will tickets still be available on the gate ?

PeterR

Post by PeterR »

FMS wrote:
PeterR wrote: but this year numbers are capped to avoid a repeat of last years traffic situation.

Depends on how advance tickets sales go!

Air Show spokesman Amanda Butcher said “Last year saw our biggest ever crowd which put unacceptable pressure on the local roads causing delays. To prevent this happening again we will be putting a cap on ticket sales, this could mean that we will not have any available on the day if advance sales continue at the present rate.”

Flare Path

Post by Flare Path »

PeterR wrote:
FMS wrote:

Air Show spokesman Amanda Butcher said “Last year saw our biggest ever crowd which put unacceptable pressure on the local roads causing delays. To prevent this happening again we will be putting a cap on ticket sales, this could mean that we will not have any available on the day if advance sales continue at the present rate.”

And yet we can't buy tickets from the museum until March?

FMS

Post by FMS »

Peter thanks for the reply and I appreciate you may not have the answer to this personally. With a sales strategy of limiting the number of tickets sold, how do they plan to manage the traffic if the last tickets are sold on the day at the gates and they have to turn non-ticket holders back against the tide of traffic trying to get in ?

PeterR wrote:
FMS wrote:

D200

Post by D200 »

There is no need to discuss the finer points of traffic management on this forum, suffice to say it features very high on the organisation radar. There will be changes from the norm - lessons from previous years have been learnt. If the event is sold out in advance, vehicles without tickets will not be permitted to leave the A Roads. Sat Nav prisoners will not do themselves any favours by ignoring event signage.

On a brighter note, there will be no civil visiting aircraft and therefore the crowdline vista will largely be unobstructed. ..... And traffic departure routes opened quicker than usual after the flying display is concluded. The car park normally considered by regulars as the worst - is potentially the best in 2014. That is reactive logistic planning.

There will be a park and fly (by helicopter) in operation from Halfpenny Green airfield. Advance bookings only. Aimed principally for the GA community, they will fly in car owners choosing to park at Halfpenny Green. Jet Rangers and a Long Ranger are being used.

Rail travel remains the ideal method of attending the show with many additional trains added in response to demand. The normal Sunday service is supplemented.

Hospitality tickets are already available. Details at www.cosfordairshow.co.uk

FMS

Post by FMS »

D200, Thank you for your clarification regarding turning back non-ticket holders on A roads if tickets have sold out in advance.

I did not intend discussing the finer points of traffic management for the show, but my question feels fundamental to me, not a finer point. Traffic management is definitely of interest to the attending public and therefore I believe it is a valid question to ask on this forum.

I don’t believe my question was addressed in your reply however, which was: With a sales strategy of limiting the number of tickets sold, how do they plan to manage the traffic if the last tickets are sold on the day at the gates and they have to turn non-ticket holders back against the tide of traffic trying to get in ?

I am pleased to hear that traffic features very high on your radar and I commend you on your proactive approach both to traffic management and the show itself. I too want it to run smoothly. If I didn't, I wouldn't be asking the question.