Cosford 2014 News [MAIN THREAD]

Forum for information about the annual show at RAF Cosford
TYPHOON3

Re: Cosford 2014 News [MAIN THREAD]

Post by TYPHOON3 »

D200 wrote:If you guys think not knowing is bad; believe me, knowing and not being able to say a word is much worse!
You can speculate all day, it is fun to read - and all I will say is that the wait ( just over 5 weeks until the event ) will be worth it.

But whilst I am here:

Has a Sea Harrier FA2 ever been to Cosford before? .....because there is one there now! :clap:
The GR3 FA2 GR9 photo line up will almost certainly be the last opportunity to get photographs of them all together on a flightline. It will look awesome, but even that is not the ace card!

The Red Devils are listed elsewhere so you might as well confirm this.

A40-BP

Post by A40-BP »

I would asume from D200's post it is not the Red Devil's, they are just an added bonus.

A40
With dumb bombs and retarded bomblets, why don't they just use stupid missiles?

Shyft87

Post by Shyft87 »

A40-BP wrote:I would asume from D200's post it is not the Red Devil's, they are just an added bonus.

A40

agreed, while it's nice to get some foreign element to the display, I don't see how they fit into the 'enthusiast' section over family.

I think it may actually be a case of being quiet and waiting till we're told.

Flare Path

Post by Flare Path »

Had a strange dream last night that the Polish Mig-29 was the enthusiast item. :grin:

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

I would hope its not the Red Devils full stop. :surrender:

So whatever it is, is it planned to release the news weeks before the show to sell those remaining tickets? :dunno:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

Flare Path

Post by Flare Path »

capercaillie wrote:So whatever it is, is it planned to release the news weeks before the show to sell those remaining tickets? :dunno:

The day before to ease congestion on the roads.

PeterR

Post by PeterR »

It would irresponsible for us to send out a press release for any display item until it's 100% watertight. I'm sure you'll understand when the news breaks, with an item of this significance we need to make sure all the i's are dotted and t's are crossed before we announce it. We're not 'holding back' confirmed participants as there is zero benefit for us to do that!

Good things come to those who wait! :rock:

Andyperkins

Post by Andyperkins »

Its the F-35B, you heard it here first :lol:

On a serious note this is already looking like a fantastic display so anything in addition is just icing on the cake IMO :)

Shyft87

Post by Shyft87 »

PeterR wrote:It would irresponsible for us to send out a press release for any display item until it's 100% watertight. I'm sure you'll understand when the news breaks, with an item of this significance we need to make sure all the i's are dotted and t's are crossed before we announce it. We're not 'holding back' confirmed participants as there is zero benefit for us to do that!

Any idea on how long a timeline though?

rdchawk

Post by rdchawk »

Shyft87 wrote:
PeterR wrote:It would irresponsible for us to send out a press release for any display item until it's 100% watertight. I'm sure you'll understand when the news breaks, with an item of this significance we need to make sure all the i's are dotted and t's are crossed before we announce it. We're not 'holding back' confirmed participants as there is zero benefit for us to do that!

Any idea on how long a timeline though?

:wall: :wall: :wall:

patience!! what happens if they gave a timeline and a date slipped or delayed - more pestering at that time as well!
Did you hear about the dyslexic pimp? He bought a ware house!
Proud member of the Silverstone Marshalling Team

andrewman

Post by andrewman »

Looking forward to seeing what the big suprise will be, Belgian team should be good at Cosford it seems the right sort of venue for them.
2004 bathroom window photographer of the year

my facebook

https://twitter.com/Andrewsteer84 My Twitter

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

Austrian Air Force performing their QRA routine at Cosford this year?

Now there's an entusiast's act. :whistle:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

Timc

Post by Timc »

I've heard from a very unreliable source that the "Mystery Act" is no less than a return to the airshow circuit of the one and only......

Alexandra Burke wing-walking the Vulcan! :smile:

However, it's unconfirmed yet how she's going to tackle the power climb hence Chas being somewhat reluctant to spill the beans just yet! :grin:

D200

Post by D200 »

The beans I will spill is that I have only 54 working days left to do before retirement :clap:

So check me out: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Aviation-Art-of-Charles-McHugh-GMA-AGAvA-CFSc/200578548482

or

http://www.aeroartist.com

and see what I will be doing thereafter. New 'friends' welcome :smile:

Timc

Post by Timc »

Excellent Chas!

Lovely artwork, and here's wishing you a very happy and productive retirement!

Nice to put a face to D200 from the people that don't know you personally.

Cheers
Tim

Flare Path

Post by Flare Path »

Timc wrote:Excellent Chas!

Lovely artwork, and here's wishing you a very happy and productive retirement!

Nice to put a face to D200 from the people that don't know you personally.

Cheers
Tim

He should come and join us on the railway bridge. :ninja:

Timc

Post by Timc »

Absolutely RJC!

Possibly the best aircraft viewing "platform" in the UK, (in the month of June) dare I say world! :smile:

Damn, secret's out the bag now!!

Maisie

Post by Maisie »

Just got my ticket :)
6D | 7D | 60D
11-16 f/2.8 | 24-105 IS L | 70-300 IS USM | 50 f/1.4 | 100 f/2.8 | 400 f/5.6

MRTT

Post by MRTT »

Gone for Cosford, cant wait for the show :yahoo:
2016 Shows
Duxford Spring
Weston
Cosford
Yeovilton
RIAT
Bournemouth
Jersey

andrew653

Post by andrew653 »

Also just bought my ticket, really looking forward to this year's show

danrm84

Post by danrm84 »

Tickets booked also, staying at a campsite about 4 miles from the airfield and arriving early that morning. After the 4 hour traffic jam last year I'm taking the bicycle.

Flare Path

Post by Flare Path »

It would be fitting this year if the RAF Falcons used the visiting BBMF Dakota for their parachute jump.

Probably not possible, but something to think about.

Andyperkins

Post by Andyperkins »

danrm84 wrote:Tickets booked also, staying at a campsite about 4 miles from the airfield and arriving early that morning. After the 4 hour traffic jam last year I'm taking the bicycle.

I am giving serious thought to the helicopter taxi, my Dad has never been in one before so would be a first and the idea of flying into the airshow is quite appealing :smile:

D200

Post by D200 »

Welcome to the commercial side of air show management:

RED DEVILS BELGIUM

I am authorised to confirm that the Belgian Air Force aerobatic team the Red Devils will appear at RAF Cosford in 2014 and that a Press Release reflecting this will be released in the coming days. We had been asked by the team not to release this information until after their own press day which took place last week. They have now authorised release by ourselves; yet we were obliged thus far to keep it confidential until such time as our own air show director received an email. That email has now arrived.

As discussed by others on this thread, the Red Devils sequence is perfectly suited to the confines of Cosford airfield and we very much look forward to this welcome international participation. They will operate from Cosford airfield for the weekend of this years air show. The Belgian military have been stalwart supporters of Cosford in recent years (A109 display) and we appreciate very much their continued support. We have not yet declared a full hand regarding our anticipated flying program and remain restricted about what we are able to discuss.

Harrier Flightline:- 50th Anniversary of Kestrels first-flight

I understand that the RAF Museum are bringing recently restored Kestrel out to join the Harrier flightline and the Sea Harrier is now at Cosford and reported by our Harrier Crew Chief to be in First Class condition ready to be armed and displayed with the GR3 and GR9. If the RAFM GR9 comes out to play, we have the option of an Afghanistan roled GR9 and a Maritime Strike (Carrier-borne) roled GR9 which will be a full house. The Sea Harrier is the first of the new build FA2 batch (as opposed to a converted FA1) and a very welcome addition t o this years static displays. The UBAS flightline will host the Harrier family, positioned in such a way as to optimise the photographic potential of the marque.
Last edited by D200 on Sun 11 May 2014, 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

alpha586

Post by alpha586 »

D200 wrote: We have not yet declared a full hand regarding our anticipated flying program and remain restricted about what we are able to discuss.

Thank you for the update! Does the above quote mean there is another juicy update still to come? ?
Show looking great already looking forward to seeing the Harriers. The static list currently contains two sea harriers is this correct? Cracking job if so
Lo que volará volará whatever will fly will fly!!