RAF Cosford Air Show 2015 - [Official Thread]

Forum for information about the annual show at RAF Cosford
PeterR

RAF Cosford Air Show 2015 - [Official Thread]

Post by PeterR »

Thought I'd better start this thread as the work for next year has started already..! :sweat:

Sunday 14th June 2015 is the date for your diaries!

Mooshie1956

Re: RAF Cosford Air Show 2015 - [Official Thread]

Post by Mooshie1956 »

Already crossed off my list of shows to go to. Traffic management is just a joke.
My Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/mooshie1956/
Panny G80 12-60 Lens
Panny 100-400 Lens
Olympus 60 Macro Lens

Flare Path

Post by Flare Path »

Mooshie1956 wrote:Already crossed off my list of shows to go to. Traffic management is just a joke.

:lol: That first reply.

Looking forward to supporting Cosford again. Hopefully a few tasty participants on the ground and in the air. :heyhey:

patrouille2001

Post by patrouille2001 »

With no Waddington, it would be nice to get more international aircraft and is Cosford the only RAF sponsored event of 2015.

Paul :question:

Maisie

Post by Maisie »

Mooshie1956 wrote:Already crossed off my list of shows to go to. Traffic management is just a joke.

This isn't a moan about Cosford thread? :wall:
6D | 7D | 60D
11-16 f/2.8 | 24-105 IS L | 70-300 IS USM | 50 f/1.4 | 100 f/2.8 | 400 f/5.6

davidjones533

Post by davidjones533 »

Last edited by davidjones533 on Sun 22 Jul 2018, 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

Maisie wrote:

Well, I guess it's one less person in the traffic. :grin:

When's the press release this year, Peter? I think something usually happens in November, perhaps it's a little early but have any plans for it been announced or...?

Best of luck to the organising team with the year ahead, anyway.

Mooshie1956

Post by Mooshie1956 »

Maisie wrote:

Well lets see shall we. Everyone like to moan about Duxford so why should Cosford be exempt. Anyway I tried to leave Cosford last year around 4.30 and being to that I couldn't leave until after the show had finished because I had to leave at the back entrance across the airfield is very bad management.
So why shouldn't I advise people thinking of going what Cosford is like ?
Panny G80 12-60 Lens
Panny 100-400 Lens
Olympus 60 Macro Lens

Maisie

Post by Maisie »

Mooshie1956 wrote:
Maisie wrote:

Well lets see shall we. Everyone like to moan about Duxford so why should Cosford be exempt. Anyway I tried to leave Cosford last year around 4.30 and being to that I couldn't leave until after the show had finished because I had to leave at the back entrance across the airfield is very bad management.

You hadn't advised anyone, you stated it was a joke and that you aren't going... so the next moaner can jump on your ship and carry on. It seems to be a trend on this forums lately.

I couldn't give two hoots about getting stuck in traffic, you are attending a big event so it's natural to hit some form of traffic, these airfields wasn't built with the future airshows in mind that generate thousands of people turning up funny enough.
6D | 7D | 60D

Mooshie1956

Post by Mooshie1956 »

Maisie wrote:
Mooshie1956 wrote:
Maisie wrote:

You hadn't advised anyone, you stated it was a joke and that you aren't going... so the next moaner can jump on your ship and carry on. It seems to be a trend on this forums lately.

I couldn't give two hoots about getting stuck in traffic, you are attending a big event so it's natural to hit some form of traffic, these airfields wasn't built with the future airshows in mind that generate thousands of people turning up funny enough.

It wasn't a question of being stuck in traffic. it was being told that I couldn't leave the airfield, that is slightly different. I get stuck every year on the roads going to Cosford that doesn't bother me like you I accept that. What I don't like is being told I cannot leave until after the show has finished.
Perhaps the trend for moaning on this forum is people are actually telling as it is, rather than keeping quite.
Panny G80 12-60 Lens
Panny 100-400 Lens
Olympus 60 Macro Lens

hunterxf382

Post by hunterxf382 »

Why does everyone have to quote the entire thread in their reply? Aside from the tedious arguments, there is no need to quote it all again..... :wall:
Pete Buckingham
Volunteer in Aviation
Former RAF Engineer
http://hunterxf382.weebly.com/

PeterR

Post by PeterR »

Mooshie1956 wrote:...it was being told that I couldn't leave the airfield, that is slightly different...

From your previous posts it sounds like you entered the airfield via the southern entrance, from the A464? The reason you couldn't leave the airfield in that direction at 4.30pm is due to the fact you must cross the runway when entering/exiting via this route. I don't think I need to explain why we can't have vehicles crossing the runway during an air display do I..?

Mooshie1956

Post by Mooshie1956 »

I came in at the main entrance the only way I know coming down from Manchester. Arrived or should I say got on base around 9am and was directed right down to the bottom end. I was only allowed out via the back entrance, I didn't even know the way back to the motorway going out that way. I politely asked the way back to the M54 and was told to follow the lane and it's signposted all the way back. I saw one sign at the lane exit that told me to turn right and that was it.
I still have 3 unused tickets from 2013 (Traffic Problems), no I didn't claim a refund as the money goes to charities. With this it just doesn't make me want to go to Cosford again.
Panny G80 12-60 Lens
Panny 100-400 Lens
Olympus 60 Macro Lens

DerekF

Post by DerekF »

I'm with Mooshie. We tried to go in 2013 and failed due to poor traffic/media management. In 2014 we didn't bother and went to Welshpool instead and had a great day out.
Unless Cosford announce major improvements to the traffic managment in 2015 we won't be back.

TYPHOON3

Post by TYPHOON3 »

With Cosford being the only RAF show in 2015,can we hope for some displays that would normally have gone to Waddington?I know the runway will always be a problem for some aircraft landing to appear in the static.Maybe some international fast jets based out of Shawbury?If the RAF Typhoon is again the only fast jet at the show it will be a bit same old Cosford, on the fast jet front anyway.I'm sure the organisers will try their best as they do every year.As for traffic all you can do is try to get there early and leave late,the rest is out of our control.

PeterR

Post by PeterR »

TYPHOON3 wrote:With Cosford being the only RAF show in 2015, can we hope for some displays that would normally have gone to Waddington?. I'm sure the organisers will try their best as they do every year.

Just to give you an idea on what goes on 'behind the scenes', today I've submitted our application for RAF aircraft participation at the show with the applications for Royal Navy & Joint Helicopter Command due to be completed soon too. That's how far ahead these things are planned, however we won't find out our confirmed allocation until the Spring. I'm also putting the finishing touches to all of our international invitations too, which get sent firstly to the Defence/Air Attaches of each country.

The team at RAF Cosford are all hoping for increased international participation, without RAF Waddington on the scene this year, however we cannot remand the attendance of anything military at all. But I can promise you we will be trying 110% to deliver the top quality show that everyone wants to see. It's only 35 weeks to the show, and there's a lot of work to be done between now and then..!

Timc

Post by Timc »

It's often crossed my mind as to why Cosford isn't a two day event having witnessed the hard work and logistics that go into putting on the event in the first place, besides, venues on par if not smaller manage to do it?

Apart from possibly easing the traffic congestion problem, holding it over two days, seeing as it's the sole officially sponsored RAF show next year would surely increase revenue for the charities?

iainpeden

Post by iainpeden »

I loved my first Cosford show last spring and will be attending, by bus(another first for me) , in 2015.
(Mark Twain: There are lies, there are damn lies and then there are statistics)

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

18 posts, 19 now with this one and not a jot about the 2015 show. Great stuff :biggrin:

May as well start the wishlist as well
Antonov An-225
Lockheed SR-71
Ramex Delta
Austrian Typhoon intercept demo
DH88 Comet
Millenium Falcon
Starfighters Team
Jet Man
German MiG29
B-52H Stratofortress (static)
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/

Ian G
UKAR Staff

Post by Ian G »

capercaillie wrote:B-52H Stratofortress (static)

:lmao: :lmao:
Garf's website and Flickr Photostream

"Which road can I close for you today?"

#tapestries

iainpeden

Post by iainpeden »

The Phantoms seen over Pembry recently (see Fighter Control!).
(Mark Twain: There are lies, there are damn lies and then there are statistics)

PeterR

Post by PeterR »

Any sensible/realistic suggestions are welcome! :handbag: Always on the look out for new and exciting aircraft to have at the show.

MRTT

Post by MRTT »

DH88 Comet
Sea Vixen
Irish Historic Flight IOLAR & 2x Chipmunk
Huey & Loach
Blenheim (If Flying)
Last edited by MRTT on Mon 22 Sep 2014, 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2016 Shows
Duxford Spring
Weston
Cosford
Yeovilton
RIAT
Bournemouth
Jersey

Maisie

Post by Maisie »

Few suggestions from me..

The two Nanchangs - F
DH.88 Comet - S or F
HA-MKF An-2 - S or F
Sea Vixen - F
Oil Spill B727 or the Oil Spill C-130 now based at Cardiff - F
Westland Whirlwind G-BVGE - S or F
6D | 7D | 60D

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

Huey Demo Team's Loach and Huey? Would be a different flying display or would add to the static? Or even the one that is (I think) based at North Weald? Rarer than hen's teeth, that one.

Gazelle Squadron (I think that they're flying displays next year)?

A couple of Duxford/Shuttleworth residents?

Edit: I think there's also a very shy pair of Bucker Jungmanns just down the road at Sleap aerodrome? I think they're in pre-war Spanish colours and display as a pair. Could be a cheap option to look at? :dunno:

Ah, website: http://www.oldbuckers.co.uk/