Cosford 2015 - The Feedback Thread

Forum for information about the annual show at RAF Cosford
jayne_morris

Re: Cosford 2015 - The Feedback Thread

Post by jayne_morris »

davidjones533 wrote:Yes, how dare those small children stand in front of the tall photographers. Tut tut. I'm surprised the little pests are allowed in at all. :tumbleweed:

I dont have a problem with children standing at the front but how would you feel if it was three grands worth of you kit that was kicked on the floor and the parents of the child that did it did not even apologize

phreakf4

Post by phreakf4 »

davidjones533 wrote:Yes, how dare those small children stand in front of the tall photographers. Tut tut. I'm surprised the little pests are allowed in at all. :tumbleweed:

+1

I doubt the children did it deliberately. Yes, the parents probably should have apologised, but one wonders whether the camera owner's demeanour perhaps persuaded them that protecting their child was the better option....

If there are young children trying to see the display I always allow them to the front if I can. They don't get in the way; they may be the enthusiasts of the future and a little kindness costs nothing.
nothing is confirmed at a show until its u/c hits the tarmac or it is running in for its display.....

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Camera getting kicked, that's annoying, but I've no problem with children going to the front at all, it's important to get kids interested and excited in stuff! Unless they're taller then me, then they can hang back
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

Blue_2

Post by Blue_2 »

jayne_morris wrote: ...we put up a small windbreak around our chairs to give ourselves a little bit of space

...thus leaving a little less space and access for everyone else? Imagine if everyone did that. I'm sorry but the windbreaks, tents etc. really annoy me. If you want an enclosure and that bit more space pay for the official enclosures!
Meteor WS788/ Chippy WK640 Restoration Project, YAM
Shack WR963, Coventry
Other types meddled with by request!

jayne_morris

Post by jayne_morris »

Blue_2 wrote:
jayne_morris wrote: ...we put up a small windbreak around our chairs to give ourselves a little bit of space

...thus leaving a little less space and access for everyone else? Imagine if everyone did that. I'm sorry but the windbreaks, tents etc. really annoy me. If you want an enclosure and that bit more space pay for the official enclosures!

that is not true because the windbreak that we use takes up no more room than the two chairs that we put out when we arrived so we would be taking no more room that we did anyway and the height of the windbreak is the same as chairs so would not cause any restriction in view

there was plenty of wasted space on the crowd line where people were putting out picnic rugs in front of their chairs, one group near us had four rugs laid out taking up a massive amount of room and nobody said a word to them

Blue_2

Post by Blue_2 »

If the windbreak did indeed take up no more space than just your 2 chairs would have... why bother taking it then? You said yourself it was to give you more space... :dunno:

I do completely agree with you re. the picnic rugs though. I saw that myself, it seemed to be a trick to keep the space directly in front of them clear so they could watch from the comfort of their seats without fear of obstruction. Nothing like sticking a load of people in a comparatively confined space to bring out their worst, most selfish traits!
Meteor WS788/ Chippy WK640 Restoration Project, YAM
Shack WR963, Coventry
Other types meddled with by request!

UK Airshow Review
UKAR Staff

Post by UK Airshow Review »

"Cos & Effect" - Tom Jones reports from the RAF Cosford Air Show 2015, one of the most eagerly anticipated events at the Shropshire airfield for a number of years.

Image Image Image Image Image