Cosford 2016 Wishlist?

Forum for information about the annual show at RAF Cosford
CJS

Re: Cosford 2016 Wishlist?

Post by CJS »

Timc wrote:
Slappywing wrote:
They are not displaying in the UK this year.

Depends on whether you class Jersey, being a Crown Dependency, as part of the UK?

It's not, so you can't. Crown Dependencies are not part of the UK, which comprises England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. The Isle of Mann is also a CD.

These are also different to overseas territories such as the Falkland Islands and Gibraltar Overseas territories are looked after by the UK - from gov.uk: " The UK has specific constitutional and legal responsibilities for its 14 Overseas Territories and a responsibility to ensure their security and good governance. We’ve set out a partnership approach based on shared values and a right to self-determination."

So there :-)

Massive thread drift...how many overseas territories can you name without looking it up? I can manage the Falkland Islands, Gibraltar, Bermuda, Ascension Island, St Helena, Tristan da Cunha, BIOT, BAT, Montserrat and...that's it I think. Woeful geography!

Thread drift end (sorry!)
"There's only one way of life, and that's your own"

Timc

Post by Timc »

I was only asking the question!? :smile:

Montserrat would make for an excellent airshow venue apart from the still active vulcano! But what a background! CAA would be having kittens! :grin:

Slappywag

Post by Slappywag »

Timc wrote:I was only asking the question!? :smile:

Montserrat would make for an excellent airshow venue apart from the still active vulcano! But what a background! CAA would be having kittens! :grin:

If Jersey is governed by CAA rules (which I imagine they are), they won't be there.

Timc

Post by Timc »

We shall see I guess!? :smile:

Slappywag

Post by Slappywag »

Timc wrote:We shall see I guess!? :smile:

Your answer might be found further up in the forum. :up:

PeterR

Post by PeterR »

Adamwilliams132 wrote:The Vampire that's been announced for wellsbourne would make a great addition to the jet engine theme.

The aircraft current has no permit to fly, the insurance expires imminently and there are current no DA qualified pilots within their organisation. Therefore it coming to do a flying display seems a little problematic...

CJS

Post by CJS »

Excuses excuses ;-)
"There's only one way of life, and that's your own"

Adamwilliams132

Post by Adamwilliams132 »

Cheers for the reply PeterR.
I just saw it added to wellsbourne WAW. Just out of interest what's the difference between it doing a missed approach say at wellsbourne going round and landing on there runway and it just doing a fly past at somewhere else ? Does Wellsbourne not count as a flying display ?