disabled visitors

Forum for information about the annual show at RAF Cosford
craig.mason

disabled visitors

Post by craig.mason »

Can i ask are disabled visitors well catered for with a seperate enclosure on the crowdline disabled toilets like at duxford shows
Canon 550D
EF-S 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 IS II Lens
EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II
EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III USM

Pen Pusher

Re: disabled visitors

Post by Pen Pusher »

A quick Google of the air show web site and hey presto -
How accessible is the Air Show for people with disabilities?
With a dedicated car park with a disabled hosting team disabled people are well looked after at the air show. The disabled car park is connected via a hard standing taxi way to the main thoroughfare of trader, exhibitors and displays.

Does the Train station have disabled access?
Unfortunately the Cosford train station does not have disabled access. We cannot recommend the use of Cosford train station to people who are unable to manage steps.

Are Assistance Dogs allowed?
Assistance and guide dogs are welcome to the Air Show, no other dogs or pets are permitted. Please note the Air Show site is usually very crowded, noisy and often very hot. These conditions are uncomfortable and potentially frightening for most animals.

Are Disabled toilets available?
Yes, disabled toilet facilities are available at various locations across the show ground and next to the disabled parking area.

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DfG on Facebook
BAMPhotography on Facebook

craig.mason

Post by craig.mason »

Pen Pusher wrote:A quick Google of the air show web site and hey presto -
How accessible is the Air Show for people with disabilities?
With a dedicated car park with a disabled hosting team disabled people are well looked after at the air show. The disabled car park is connected via a hard standing taxi way to the main thoroughfare of trader, exhibitors and displays.

Does the Train station have disabled access?
Unfortunately the Cosford train station does not have disabled access. We cannot recommend the use of Cosford train station to people who are unable to manage steps.

Are Assistance Dogs allowed?
Assistance and guide dogs are welcome to the Air Show, no other dogs or pets are permitted. Please note the Air Show site is usually very crowded, noisy and often very hot. These conditions are uncomfortable and potentially frightening for most animals.

Are Disabled toilets available?
Yes, disabled toilet facilities are available at various locations across the show ground and next to the disabled parking area.

I read that bit brian last year at flying legends they had an area fenced off for people who are disabled who had mobility scooters and wheelchairs just wondering if they have an area like that at cosford
Brian
Canon 550D
EF-S 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 IS II Lens
EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II
EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III USM

Flare Path

Post by Flare Path »

Unsure whether they do, Craig; I can't say with certainty I've seen any designated areas for disabled people. The majority of hard standing ground is taken up for the Static aircraft, and situated a good distance back from the runway - I don't think it would be located there, but you're best contacting the show office to see what they say.

AndyXH558

Post by AndyXH558 »

I tried to use it last year but it was full by the time we got there. however its a bit up from the crowd line. But, if you get there early enough its well catered for.
Life's a piece of S*** if you look at it!

The Star of Woo

Post by The Star of Woo »

We were among the early birds last year and got parked up easily in the disabled enclosure, it was well signed and marshalled. It's all on hard standing and with several wheel chair accessible porta loos actually in the area. However, there are a few downsides to the disabled 'area'. It is quite a long hike to the 'static' and 'stalls', ok for wheelchair users, but on sticks and/or crutches personally I'd not risk it again, I use a stick and it nigh on did for me last year. The other downside is, yes you are quite a distance back from any form of crowd line and the grassed area directly in front of the disabled hard standing soon doubled up as yet another car parking area for able bodied people, some of who's vehicles can become very tall when you're confined to your seat/wheelchair for the duration of the show. So whilst I can definitely confirm they do have a designated disabled hard standing area, I think it needs a few tweaks before it can be thought of as 'disabled friendly'.

PeterR

Post by PeterR »

As other posters have said there is a disabled car park for those with a blue badge which has a team of RAF personnel who act as hosts. There is no dedicated crowdline enclosure.

vulcan558

Post by vulcan558 »

Not the same facilities for disabled driving in from the A5 side, stuck in a field because the gateway
out of the field was filled with hardcore that was very tricky for able bodied people to not go over on your ankle.
not good for a wheelchair. That field should only be used for early arrivals before the gates are open,
The base can take the car's, with tickets only they have and know they can fit them on.
utter shambles in my view,.