Want do YOU want to see at RAF Cosford in 2017..?

Forum for information about the annual show at RAF Cosford
Pringles

Re: Want do YOU want to see at RAF Cosford in 2017..?

Post by Pringles »

Westhammatt wrote:The hunter from scampton also but obviously after last year would it be allowed.

The HHA Hunter is still allowed to fly as it is used for military contracts, however they are not allowed to display it at airshows. The best we can get is static at RIAT
If life gives you melons then you're probably dyslexic

Westhammatt

Post by Westhammatt »

Patroulle riva that was the display i ment thanks. Didn't know the situation with regard to the Hunter from Scampton shame really it can't display. I also know of a made up focke Wolf 190 made by a private owner in Germany who displays out there with it

The Baron

Post by The Baron »

Keep up the trend of getting RAFM assets outside and plonk them in a photogenic location. Other than that I think the ideas of Patrouille Reva, Danish Baby Blue, Cartouche Dore, the Red Devils etc would work well. How about Team Daedalus from Greece? Or Patrouille Trenchant?
Cosford really needs a unique selling point and small unusual European displays could be the answer. Displays that would get lost at somewhere like RIAT.
Also not forgetting some of the more unusual warbirds on the circuit for example the Hardwick Mustangs, the Boomerang, and the Alize.
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.

Wes_Howes

Post by Wes_Howes »

Indeed, anything that can operate from Cosford adds to the show, of course, finding somewhere for them to park can be a problem if they can't go on the grass.

I'd like to see the Gazelle Squadron return and some of the other, less seen, european acts that have been mentioned. Of course fast jets too!

Also, it was something I mentioned last year and others have mentioned here but a spotters day on the Friday and/or Saturday. Limiting the number of tickets available and then parking on the sports fields by the athletics track. Then walking down the road to the entrance gate and into the site. H&S would probably dictate that enclosure would be needed (because of aircraft movements into the static and the Air Ambulance) so perhaps using the Cosford Club? Or simply setting up a small area using the orange netting that the show is so fond of :grin: .

PeterR

Post by PeterR »

Thanks for all the suggestions so far. Feel free to keep them coming.

Good to see that most of the aircraft mentioned are already on my radar and are things we've pursued in the past so we must be doing something right! Rest assured, we will always try for the maximum amount of military participation from overseas and of course the home team too.

With reference to a Saturday spotters day, what exactly would you want to see from it? With the runway being backlit for most of the day, would people be happy sat next to the runway shooting into the sun?

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

I think with Cosford as its only really got the one main point of exit off the runway back into the static park down the station end, if you put a small enclosure in there, by early afternoon you could work all arrivals with the sun at your back as they taxi in.

If they are landing that end and people want to shoot into the sun, that's their choice.

The main point though would be a chance to get around the static park airframes without the general public inside, so a sporting chance of some clear pictures could be had.
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/

Pringles

Post by Pringles »

How about Krila Oluje? They'd be ideal for Cosford's size, and if they brought one of their tasty MiG 21s to base out of Shawbury I'm not sure anyone would complain :drool:

st24

Post by st24 »

capercaillie wrote:I think with Cosford as its only really got the one main point of exit off the runway back into the static park down the station end, if you put a small enclosure in there, by early afternoon you could work all arrivals with the sun at your back as they taxi in.

If they are landing that end and people want to shoot into the sun, that's their choice.

The main point though would be a chance to get around the static park airframes without the general public inside, so a sporting chance of some clear pictures could be had.

Entirely this - the taxiway with the VGS/air ambulance area would make an ideal photo area - (dependent on wind direction) choppers could hover taxy along it too Difficulty may be getting to/from the static area crossing the live taxiway/pans but they do it abroad during tiger meets with 40 fast jets moving around..
And don't mention the "N" word.... :question:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

jason82wells

Post by jason82wells »

strangelookingalien wrote:
rdchawk wrote:
boff180 wrote:That's for Cosford to decide, they've asked for suggestions and that's mine, something that is unique and doesn't appear to be marked at any other show next year at the moment.

How about coming up with a suggestion of your own then?....

A new commentary team after this years terrible effort.

Unfortunately I agree.

I third that.

For me, it's anything military - don't bulk it out with stuff that no-one's bothered about.

cg_341

Post by cg_341 »

jason82wells wrote:For me, it's anything military - don't bulk it out with stuff that I'm not bothered about.

Fixed that for you. Don't fall in to the trap of thinking you speak for everyone, I doubt you even speak for the vast majority.

JJC

Post by JJC »

Dutch B-25 always puts on a good show! Flying Bulls P-38/B-25 always good to see too.
''Time to dive into the fireworks!''

Pringles

Post by Pringles »

Sea fire LF.III, perhaps with it's Fury/Sea Fury stablemate? :biggrin:

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

rob68 wrote:Sunshine

That you have to stare into all day. Great. :up:

AFKAMC

Post by AFKAMC »

The Baron wrote:
Westhammatt wrote:I'd like to see the swordfish, I know the fairy gannet is potentionally due over next year from across the pond of they can get the funding. The Lysander from shuttle worth is rarely seen outside of there displays. The hunter from scampton also but obviously after last year would it be allowed. The Netherlands Mitchell as well. In terms of display teams Bournemouth or Eastbourne I can't remember which had an unusual display team from France which looked more like something from Star Wars (can't remember there name) I'm sure this would give a different outlook on extra 300 displays or Pitts displays. A role demo would be great like they do at yeovilton but incorporate the raf aircraft and raf Reg such as the gr4 and typhoon with puma support . Please don't shoot me down as these are only my suggestions and I was trying to keep it as sensible as possible :whistle:

Patrouille Reva?

I saw Patrouille Reva at Torre del Mar last month, and I agree about the Star Wars thing!

Adamwilliams132

Post by Adamwilliams132 »

Return of Rich Goodwins Pitts special
Return of the Jag taxi run
I know this won't be to everyone's taste but what about an Air Ambulance role demo as there a lot of people from the surrounding area attend the show and will have seen the red helicopter fly over there houses without really knowing what it does when it gets there.
Oil spill response 727 is always a crowd pleaser and would be a welcome addition to next year.
Dutch B-25, Sally B , Lancaster, roll out the worlds only Lincoln Bomber from the museum also got the dornier restoration on site got a piston bomber sub theme.
A spotters day would be great for the Saturday if most arrivals were that day but it's normally over 2 days. How about a small night shoot at shawbury for any Visting fast jets ??.

pako-2008

Post by pako-2008 »

On the basis of just ideas or suggestions..... what's the possibility of an evening display on the Saturday when the light at Cosford (providing the sun is out), is most favourable.

Many different acts would be suitable, both military and civil. I'm not educated with the set up, but would Shawbury be able to handle aircraft utilising flares?

I know there are many many factors that would make or break the idea..... but ask for suggestions, its worth exploring surely.

Could be a USP for Cosford in the UK.
Cheers
Aaron

Pringles

Post by Pringles »

Adamwilliams132 wrote:Return of the Jag taxi run

They may be a thing of the past now? The spotters day later this month will mark the cessation of 238 Sqn live-running Jags? Will be a shame, particularly seeing as they weren't run this year

rob68

Post by rob68 »

capercaillie wrote:

Or would could have it rain all day Oh hang on you must be already happy with that been as it's done that recently

Pringles

Post by Pringles »

rob68 wrote:
capercaillie wrote:

Or would could have it rain all day Oh hang on you must be already happy with that been as it's done that recently

Exactly, what a stupid comment :dizzy: I'd have preferred a backlit set of photos of the B52, Gnats and Sea Vixen this year than no shows because of the weather!

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

rob68 wrote:
capercaillie wrote:

And in English? :dizzy: :tongue:

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

Pringles wrote:
rob68 wrote:
capercaillie wrote:

Exactly, what a stupid comment :dizzy: I'd have preferred a backlit set of photos of the B-52, Gnats and Sea Vixen this year than no shows because of the weather!

Whatever tickles your fancy. :kiss:

st24

Post by st24 »

Pringles wrote:
rob68 wrote:
capercaillie wrote:

Exactly, what a stupid comment :dizzy: I'd have preferred a backlit set of photos of the B-52, Gnats and Sea Vixen this year than no shows because of the weather!

I dunno what time the Vixen and Gnats were due to perform but as the BUFF was to close the show the light would have been over your right shoulder so not too bad...
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

st24 wrote:
Pringles wrote:
rob68 wrote:
capercaillie wrote:

I dunno what time the Vixen and Gnats were due to perform but as the BUFF was to close the show the light would have been over your right shoulder so not too bad...

I don't know, the sun might have been over your shoulder by then but the B-52 would be high over your head or Shawbury. :whistle:

rob68

Post by rob68 »

capercaillie wrote:
st24 wrote:
Pringles wrote:
rob68 wrote:
capercaillie wrote:

I don't know, the sun might have been over your shoulder by then but the B-52 would be high over your head or Shawbury. :whistle:

I'm sorry. I made a typo. Get over it

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

rob68 wrote:
capercaillie wrote:
st24 wrote:
Pringles wrote:
rob68 wrote:
capercaillie wrote:

I'm sorry. I made a typo. Get over it

I had. :biggrin: By the way wrong quote :facepalm: It is getting to be like the bear and the hunter now. :pinkwafer: