RAF Cosford Air Show 2017 - [Main Topic]

Forum for information about the annual show at RAF Cosford
Wes_Howes

Re: RAF Cosford Air Show 2017 - [Main Topic]

Post by Wes_Howes »

I think Chris is probably right, the emoji of the Statue of Liberty (Liberty Wing) and the baseball (Madhatters?) hint at LN based aircraft, not sure what the hamburger represents though?
Last edited by Wes_Howes on Wed 07 Jun 2017, 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pringles

Post by Pringles »

harkins wrote:Having looked at the Facebook page, I see someone is saying that the Reds and the Typhoon have deemed it unsafe to dispaly over the airfield and will display to the west. Is that true in any way?

Where have you been?! You obviously missed this official statement also on the Facebook page?
[fb-post]https://www.facebook.com/rafcosfordairshowofficial/posts/1578137688865708[/fb-post]
If life gives you melons then you're probably dyslexic

alpha586

Post by alpha586 »

I guess it depends on whether or not there is a B1 in the UK at the moment for ex Sabre Strike. If there is a fly past remains a possibility if not I would agree either the osprey or F15. Excellent work whatever it is!
Lo que volará volará whatever will fly will fly!!

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

alpha586 wrote:I guess it depends on whether or not there is a B1 in the UK at the moment for ex Sabre Strike. If there is a fly past remains a possibility if not I would agree either the osprey or F-15. Excellent work whatever it is!

Two due into Fairford this morning according to other threads. :smile:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

scottspencer

Post by scottspencer »

B-1B Flypast!

Pringles

Post by Pringles »

[fb-post]https://www.facebook.com/rafcosfordairshowofficial/posts/1584563101556500:0[/fb-post]
:clap: Two excellent flypasts added this week, a very impressive turnaround after last week's setback

Kieran19

Post by Kieran19 »

Fantastic update! Well done Peter and Co. Please let it be a couple of flypast's and have one with full afterburner! :yahoo: :biggrin:

Ledhead27
UKAR Staff

Post by Ledhead27 »

Now that's pretty damn special to boast of TWO USAF bomber flypasts, good work by Pete and co!
"FuelMan, SpamCan, NoPlan, CivviMan, DroneMan Dan"

UKAR Party Plane Captain

4 out of 5 baguettes

Dwadwood

Timc

Post by Timc »

Excellent addition, well done to all concerned!

Flare Path

Post by Flare Path »

Incredible - a historic moment for Cosford!

Wes_Howes

Post by Wes_Howes »

Cue the weather forecast turning for the worst :grin: A great addition, well done Peter and team :clap:

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

Flare Path wrote:Incredible - a historic moment for Cosford!

Yes, just like WWI and WWII the Americans coming in at the last minute to save the Brits asses yet again. :king:

harkins

Post by harkins »

Pringles wrote:
harkins wrote:Having looked at the Facebook page, I see someone is saying that the Reds and the Typhoon have deemed it unsafe to dispaly over the airfield and will display to the west. Is that true in any way?

Where have you been?! You obviously missed this official statement also on the Facebook page?

Oh right, yes I dip in and out really so I totally missed that. That's not great is it. But having seen the somewhat redacted RAF air show review posted on here recently, it does seem that the RAF are pretty keen to get out of the air display business. Just reluctantly sticking with RIAT as at least there someone else does all the hard work for them. It didn't really look good for Cosford in the future. Housing looks like the future there.

The USAF seem to make more effort than the RAF do nowadays. Fair play to them (and Peter's team of course) getting two aircraft to appear. I wonder if they'll be part of excercise missions, or part of a larger airshow tour or simply launch, flypast and recover? Could be pretty busy at Fairford on Sunday if word spreads of take-offs and landings by each type in an afternoon.
Last edited by harkins on Wed 07 Jun 2017, 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Andyperkins

Post by Andyperkins »

I said it in jest but wow great work by the team certainly makes up for any possible disappointment caused by the Reds and Typhoon changes.

B_Tank88

Post by B_Tank88 »

WOW THAT'S AMAZING.

stevebrodie

Post by stevebrodie »

"...... The Royal Air Force has concluded that the nature of the display sequences of both assets combined with restrictions on their Public Display Authorisations, requires their respective displays to be shifted to a new axis. The change in display axis for these two display items will enable them to both perform their full displays to the west of the airfield....... "

How far to the west though ??, remember years and years ago at Mildenhall a display team took off and started their display at Lakenheath !! :yahoo:
Viper: Good morning, gentlemen, the temperature is 110 degrees

Pringles

Post by Pringles »

stevebrodie wrote:"...... The Royal Air Force has concluded that the nature of the display sequences of both assets combined with restrictions on their Public Display Authorisations, requires their respective displays to be shifted to a new axis. The change in display axis for these two display items will enable them to both perform their full displays to the west of the airfield....... "

:roll:
From the Q+A session on Monday:
Where is the new axis?
"Broadly: centered just west of the western end of the runway... to the right of where the other acts will be flying. The display line will roughly follow the A464 road... We are closing that road for the duration of those displays, including the 17 tributary roads. The axis are rotated to 291 and 111 degrees.

Separation distance from crowd centre will increase by about 500% by mine and others' estimates

B_Tank88

Post by B_Tank88 »

Andyperkins wrote:I said it in jest but wow great work by the team certainly makes up for any possible disappointment caused by the Reds and Typhoon changes.

What Typhoon and Reds? I guess I've already forgot about them.

scottspencer

Post by scottspencer »

Still French with discussions ongoing....

Shyft87

Post by Shyft87 »

scottspencer wrote:Still French with discussions ongoing....

this is the one i'm optomistic about... with FULL credit to the team, I love the flypasts, but i'm feeling a little greedy; just one more display would top the show for me :smile:

Cole

Post by Cole »

Great Update :yahoo: :smile: :rock:
Canon 750D & Sigma 150-600 C
Dudley, West Midlands

Shows I'm Attending in 2020:

Well Um.. :rofl:

Flare Path

Post by Flare Path »

PeterR wrote:
Flare Path wrote:Interesting to note the Swiss PC-7 display team will (also) be operating from RAF Shawbury, and not Cosford - I thought they would be OK using Cosford, but perhaps not.

Are they? :question: News to me......

Pleased to hear otherwise, if that is the case. I'd picked the information up through a 3rd party - apologies for the erroneous information.

Russ

Post by Russ »

B-1. Blimey Preoch you and the team have exceeded yourselves. Bravo. :clap: :cool: :drool: :up:

G for George

Post by G for George »

Brilliant news, especially as I can only make RIAT on the Friday and Saturday. I'll get to see the US heavies in the air and on the ground!

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

I wish they'd make a better educated guess about the weather than they're doing at the moment. An hour ago it was sunny spells with a few light showers in the afternoon, reasonably decent I thought, now its just cloudy with no sun all day, so good for the masses but not so good for piccies. I know the weather's a bit all over the place at the moment, and its changing every hour or so but :hypno: :dizzy: :facepalm: :grin: