RAF Cosford Arrivals

Forum for information about the annual show at RAF Cosford
Kieran19

RAF Cosford Arrivals

Post by Kieran19 »

Might be a long shot, but does anybody have any ideas on what might be arriving at Cosford on the Friday? I'll be there on the train station waiting with anticipation as to what might turn up or even practice! :biggrin:

JonG96

Re: RAF Cosford Arrivals

Post by JonG96 »

Typhoon is in Helsinki displaying on the Friday and Saturday so I assume that won't do a practice display unless he does it on the Thursday. The Tornado could do a practice display as many on here said a few years ago that the F16 did a practice display I believe. I don't think anybody really knows what will turn up but I think you just turn up and hope for the best. Although there are probably more people on this forum that have a greater knowledge than me of arrival days :wink: :cool:

Cole

Post by Cole »

Airfield closed to aircraft on Thursday.
Canon 800D & Sigma 150-600 C
Dudley, West Midlands

Shows I'm Attending in 2020:

Well Um..

JonG96

Post by JonG96 »

ColeTheDemolisher wrote:Airfield closed to aircraft on Thursday.

Well by the sounds of it even if he was to do a practice display, you probably wouldn't even be able to see it this time around anyway :wall: :wall:

Spotty_Jag

Post by Spotty_Jag »

-
Last edited by Spotty_Jag on Sat 21 Dec 2019, 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PeterR

Post by PeterR »

As has been posted elsewhere; The airfield will be open 1100-1830L on both Friday & Saturday. Details/Timings of aircraft movements will not be published publicly.

Cole

Post by Cole »

PeterR wrote:As has been posted elsewhere; The airfield will be open 1100-1830L on both Friday & Saturday. Details/Timings of aircraft movements will not be published publicly.

Can we get any hints... :ninja:
Dudley, West Midlands

Well Um..

Dan O'Hagan

Post by Dan O'Hagan »

ColeTheDemolisher wrote:
PeterR wrote:As has been posted elsewhere; The airfield will be open 1100-1830L on both Friday & Saturday. Details/Timings of aircraft movements will not be published publicly.

Which part of Peter's reply do you find too hard to grasp?

Cole

Post by Cole »

Dan O'Hagan wrote:
ColeTheDemolisher wrote:

Which part of Peter's reply do you find too hard to grasp?

I meant something little like, If you live heavy's go Friday, if you like fast things go Saturday.
Dudley, West Midlands

Well Um..

CJS

Post by CJS »

Yes, but Peter made it perfectly clear that details will not be published. They would be details, so they won't be published.

I don't know what you think he's doing this week, but I would imagine he's just a tiny bit too busy to be replying to messages he's already replied to.
"There's only one way of life, and that's your own"

borismorris

Post by borismorris »

As a general rule Cole, I would imagine Heavies need to be on the ground first and then smaller aircraft can be fitted in around them..

Would the older forumistas agree with this?

Cole

Post by Cole »

borismorris wrote:As a general rule Cole, I would imagine Heavies need to be on the ground first and then smaller aircraft can be fitted in around them..

Would the older forumistas agree with this?

That makes sence :smile:
Dudley, West Midlands

Well Um..

Pringles

Post by Pringles »

ColeTheDemolisher wrote:That makes sence :smile:

That doesn't :wink:
If life gives you melons then you're probably dyslexic

Cole

Post by Cole »

Pringles wrote:
ColeTheDemolisher wrote:That makes sence :smile:

That doesn't :wink:

:ninja: :wink:
Dudley, West Midlands

Well Um..

cg_341

Post by cg_341 »

borismorris wrote:Would the older forumistas agree with this?

Nope! Peter's already said where the heavies will be parked, so work backwards from that and you'll realise why :)

Adamwilliams132

Post by Adamwilliams132 »

Anyone picked anything up as to what's arriving when ?
Are the Italians using shawbury for the Tonka do we know ?

Kieran19

Post by Kieran19 »

Not too sure on what's arriving but looking at the forecast for Saturday, I'm hoping a lot turn up tomorrow!

Flare Path

Post by Flare Path »

Adamwilliams132 wrote:Anyone picked anything up as to what's arriving when ?

Don't shoot the messenger, but they may be arriving tomorrow afternoon - Tornado will be using Shawbury. Possible rehearsal Saturday...

Kieran19

Post by Kieran19 »

I've also heard on twitter that the tornado and Spartan will be arriving at Shawbury tomorrow via Brize Norton :)

Adamwilliams132

Post by Adamwilliams132 »

Flare Path wrote:
Adamwilliams132 wrote:Anyone picked anything up as to what's arriving when ?

Don't shoot the messenger, but they may be arriving tomorrow afternoon - Tornado will be using Shawbury. Possible rehearsal Saturday...

Thanks I hope it does rehearsal on Saturday as I can't make tomorrow

Lucasjmet15

Post by Lucasjmet15 »

Antonov AN2 due into Cosford at 18:00 tomorrow !

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

Some may have heard of a mad, often drunk, seldom insightful Welshman who will be on on the train platform tomorrow and Saturday. I am he.

Live arrivals will be covered on UKAR's Twitter page - https://twitter.com/UKAirshowReview

If anyone finds themselves on the train platform either today or tomorrow and would like to put a name to an ugly face, or want to know juicy gossip about the rest of the staff team ( :pinkwafer: :ninja: ), by all means, drop me a PM. :up:

Lucasjmet15

Post by Lucasjmet15 »

Tommy wrote:Some may have heard of a mad, often drunk, seldom insightful Welshman who will be on on the train platform tomorrow and Saturday. I am he.

Live arrivals will be covered on UKAR's Twitter page - https://twitter.com/UKAirshowReview

If anyone finds themselves on the train platform either today or tomorrow and would like to put a name to an ugly face, or want to know juicy gossip about the rest of the staff team ( :pinkwafer: :ninja: ), by all means, drop me a PM. :up:

Would love to be there to watch the arrivals but It's a 2 and a half hour drive that I'm already doing on Sunday. If you are there then would you be able to post some photos of the arrivals. It would be much appreciated ! :smile:

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

Lucasjmet15 wrote:
Tommy wrote:Some may have heard of a mad, often drunk, seldom insightful Welshman who will be on on the train platform tomorrow and Saturday. I am he.

Would love to be there to watch the arrivals but It's a 2 and a half hour drive that I'm already doing on Sunday. If you are there then would you be able to post some photos of the arrivals. It would be much appreciated ! :smile:

Keep an eye on the UKAR Twitter feed tomorrow morning :biggrin:

Lucasjmet15

Post by Lucasjmet15 »

Tommy wrote:
Lucasjmet15 wrote:

Keep an eye on the UKAR Twitter feed tomorrow morning :biggrin:

Brilliant, will do. Thank you very much ! :biggrin: :biggrin: