Albrighton Sports Complex - OPEN

Forum for information about the annual show at RAF Cosford
madmax

Albrighton Sports Complex - OPEN

Post by madmax »

The home of Albrighton Bowling and Football club will be opening its gates again this year. The club was open for the 2017 airshow and they will be once again be open for 2018.
The gates will also be open on the Saturday for the rehearsals.
It is anticipated that there will be severe traffic restrictions similar to 2017, however utilising the back roads can circumvent this.

The grounds sit outside of the danger zone which affects both the Cricket Ground and David Austin Roses, and was used by the MAA in 2017 as a viewing platform to validate one of the flying displays.

Post Code is WV7 3HR

TYPHOON3

Re: Albrighton Sports Complex - OPEN

Post by TYPHOON3 »

madmax wrote:The home of Albrighton Bowling and Football club will be opening its gates again this year. The club was open for the 2017 airshow and they will be once again be open for 2018.
The gates will also be open on the Saturday for the rehearsals.
It is anticipated that there will be severe traffic restrictions similar to 2017, however utilising the back roads can circumvent this.

The grounds sit outside of the danger zone which affects both the Cricket Ground and David Austin Roses, and was used by the MAA in 2017 as a viewing platform to validate one of the flying displays.

Post Code is WV7 3HR

Good of you to post this info for those that don't want to go in the show but some people on here won't appreciate it.They will see it as encouraging people not to buy tickets for the show.Are you sure it was open last year?I thought all of the naughty fields had been stopped opening.

TYPHOON3

Post by TYPHOON3 »

It looks like it was open last year,just found an archive advertising the Summer Fair for the 11th June.

Ian G
UKAR Staff

Post by Ian G »

I have a feeling that may change as we get closer to the show!
Garf's website and Flickr Photostream

"Which road can I close for you today?"

#tapestries

TYPHOON3

Post by TYPHOON3 »

Ian G wrote:I have a feeling that may change as we get closer to the show!

Do you mean that it won't open in the end?It was open last year but asked to close in 2016 as far as I know.What makes you think it will be closed again this year?(if that's what you mean by 'change')

speedbird2639

Post by speedbird2639 »

Its as close to the display line as David Austin Roses and probably closer than the cricket club so I don't see how it can be open for people to view the airshow if they have been asked to close. But we shall see...

Ian G
UKAR Staff

Post by Ian G »

Exactly as Speedbird says - rules are a bit more stringent than they were last year and I can't see it happening, even if they have advertised that they'll be open. There's a lot of time between now and the show.

#tapestries

Flare Path

Post by Flare Path »

madmax wrote:The grounds sit outside of the danger zone which affects both the Cricket Ground and David Austin Roses, and was used by the MAA in 2017 as a viewing platform to validate one of the flying displays.

Italian Tornado?

Can't think of many other aircraft (at Cosford 17) that would require someone standing outside the airfield for validation.

Ian G
UKAR Staff

Post by Ian G »

They stood in Shifnal to validate the Red Arrows :whistle:

#tapestries

Flare Path

Post by Flare Path »

Ian G wrote:They stood in Shifnal to validate the Red Arrows :whistle:

Indeed. Hopefully this year the flying will be much closer to the audience and not somewhere over Cosford Grange or the A464 - really would spoil the centenary to fly in such a draconian fashion, in my opinion.

rdchawk

Post by rdchawk »

Perhaps some from Cosford team can confirm which display axis the Red Arrows will be using IF they are to display at Cosford this year.
What do you call a horse that lives nextdoor?? - A Neigh-bour!
Whisky Connoisseur

Ian G
UKAR Staff

Post by Ian G »

And if we are back to the normal display axes, I can't possibly see how those sites can be open.

#tapestries

TYPHOON3

Post by TYPHOON3 »

According to their Twitter,Albrighton Football club will hold their open day on Sunday 10th June overlooking Cosford airshow.£10 per car.

PirateTrickster

Post by PirateTrickster »

rdchawk wrote:Perhaps some from Cosford team can confirm which display axis the Red Arrows will be using IF they are to display at Cosford this year.

It was confirmed on the RAF Cosford Air Display Twitter feed that the Reds would be using their normal display axis, not the alternate one they used last year.

Harvo266

Post by Harvo266 »

Well.......now with just 2weeks to run to the show and both the Bowls club and Football club are still promoting their 'funday'.
Nikon D500

TYPHOON3

Post by TYPHOON3 »

Harvo266 wrote:Well.......now with just 2weeks to run to the show and both the Bowls club and Football club are still promoting their 'funday'.

I think they would have been told by now if they weren't allowed to open unless the show organisers aren't yet aware they plan to open?The bowls and football club are on the same site in case anybody wasn't aware.

Harvo266

Post by Harvo266 »

A message back from them said that it’s “definitely happening”.
Nikon D500

RS2

Post by RS2 »

I can see it being open as it sits within the edge of the Albrighton no flights below 500ft and no aerobatics area.

madmax

Post by madmax »

Cosford Airshow office have been informed that Albrighton Sports Complx is holding its Summer Fayre, the site sits outside of the display area. http://www.albrightonbowls.co.uk/notice-board/summerfayre-1

Harvo266

Post by Harvo266 »

Could someone provide some photos from the FC from previous years please?
Nikon D500

madmax

Post by madmax »

RS2 wrote:I can see it being open as it sits within the edge of the Albrighton no flights below 500ft and no aerobatics area.

Complex Summer Fayre is still going ahead, the site looks prepped and signs up around the village. :music:

DonaldGrump

Post by DonaldGrump »

Harvo266 wrote:Could someone provide some photos from the FC from previous years please?

I am afraid you are flogging a dead horse here mate.

To post such pictures would bring down the wrath of the righteous, indeed would "out" the photographer as a freeloader, and further more a danger to him/herself and a threat to the future of airshows. Maybe even the reason the Red Arrows have to display over Telford in order to prevent danger of harm to any intelligent life form should an accident happen.

You must understand that freeloaders are viewed in much they same way as Nigel Farage, Tommy Robinson. Rolf Harris and Jimmy Saville are in this parish....much worse than Donald Trump infact.

Anyway as I thought I wasnt going to make this years event and found out only this eve I will infact be free on Sunday and it is sold out, so I also am now left with the choice of staying at home and beating myself with a whip of thorns for not buying tickets anyway.....or becoming a satanic devil worshipping moron and attending the football club.

Anyone know how best to get in approaching from Market Drayton......PM ok if you are in fear of your life for putting such details I am very discreet!

Harvo266

Post by Harvo266 »

DonaldGrump wrote:
Harvo266 wrote:Could someone provide some photos from the FC from previous years please?

I am afraid you are flogging a dead horse here mate.

To post such pictures would bring down the wrath of the righteous, indeed would "out" the photographer as a freeloader, and further more a danger to him/herself and a threat to the future of airshows. Maybe even the reason the Red Arrows have to display over Telford in order to prevent danger of harm to any intelligent life form should an accident happen.

You must understand that freeloaders are viewed in much they same way as Nigel Farage, Tommy Robinson. Rolf Harris and Jimmy Saville are in this parish....much worse than Donald Trump infact.

Anyway as I thought I wasnt going to make this years event and found out only this eve I will infact be free on Sunday and it is sold out, so I also am now left with the choice of staying at home and beating myself with a whip of thorns for not buying tickets anyway.....or becoming a satanic devil worshipping moron and attending the football club.

Anyone know how best to get in approaching from Market Drayton......PM ok if you are in fear of your life for putting such details I am very discreet!

Yeah....I kinda gathered that, remember seeing some photos from previous years. I see why some people criticise it but I don't see the issue if all parties are content i.e. Cosford are aware etc. I'll quite happily admit I am going to the footy club/bowls club tomorrow - I'm after different views of shows rather than the standard, common belly shots. I just want something different, as a photographer.
Nikon D500

madmax

Post by madmax »

Looking forward to seeing you all again this year.