B&B's within walking distance?

Forum for information about the annual show at RAF Cosford
Quixoticish

B&B's within walking distance?

Post by Quixoticish »

Can anyone recommend any B&B's/guesthouses within walking distance (2 miles ish) of Cosford for the Saturday night before the show? I'm taking my better half to her first airshow and we're public transport bound at the moment so I don't want to risk any connecting trains messing things up first thing in the morning on Sunday, plus the earliest we can get into Cosford is 10AM in the morning.

Domvickery
UKAR Staff

Re: B&B's within walking distance?

Post by Domvickery »

You’re ptobably best stopping in Wolverhampton or Telford & getting the train to the show
Free straws available to clutch at - PM me. Inventor of the baguette scale

Adamwilliams132

Post by Adamwilliams132 »

Like has been said above probably best stopping in Wolverhampton and getting the train into
Cosford first thing. Can’t think of any hotels or b and bs in the surrounding villages and if there is one I’m
Sure the price won’t be favourable.

iainpeden

Post by iainpeden »

Robin hotel in Billesdon is basic and cheap and if you’re lucky they will have a gig on in the venue next door
(Mark Twain: There are lies, there are damn lies and then there are statistics)

TYPHOON3

Post by TYPHOON3 »

Not sure if any of the pubs in Albrighton offer accommodation ? If not Wolverhampton or Telford as already mentioned. Just looked on Airbnb,there are properties in Cosford and Albrighton that have rooms and offer breakfast.

FlyingFairy

Post by FlyingFairy »

Try “googling” Spiders Web Cafe. They used to do B & B, i’ve known exhibitors who have stayed there in the past.

Very convenient, a 5 minute walk to the railway station, located just off the main A41 opposite the main camp area. 10 minutes walk at the most will take you onto the airfield.

HTH

FF

Quixoticish

Post by Quixoticish »

Thanks all! Managed to find one in Albrighton a short walk from the venue.

Now the burning question, what time do gates opening on Sunday morning (so I can be up bright and early) and what time are you kicked out on Sunday (so I can book a timely train home)?