RAF Cosford Airshow 2020 - CANCELLED

Forum for information about the annual show at RAF Cosford
stevebrodie

Re: RAF Cosford Airshow 2020 - 14th June 2020

Post by stevebrodie »

CJS wrote:I would read this as 'postponed to 2021' to be honest.

Be lovely to think it could still happen this year, but given that the earliest date would likely be sometime in September, and that the season generally ends by the end of September, I'd say a postponement to any time this year, however welcome, would be pretty miraculous!

I agree. If any airshow goes ahead, its probably going to be well over subscribed !
Viper: Good morning, gentlemen, the temperature is 110 degrees

Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Post by Wrexham Mackem »

There's a chance isn't there, and while there's a chance it would be a shame to write it off. But yes, I'd have thought September would be the aim.

If it turns out not to be possible, the show organisers kept the faith and tried. And if we do contain this thing and we get some semblance of normality back by late summer it will be one very welcome day out.

If not, then its not to be.

Very welcome positivity Cosford, I applaud you. :clap:

Finningley Boy

Post by Finningley Boy »

stevebrodie wrote:
CJS wrote:I would read this as 'postponed to 2021' to be honest.

Be lovely to think it could still happen this year, but given that the earliest date would likely be sometime in September, and that the season generally ends by the end of September, I'd say a postponement to any time this year, however welcome, would be pretty miraculous!

I agree. If any airshow goes ahead, its probably going to be well over subscribed !

Never heard of the Battle of Britain "At Home" day? It used to be September that was known as the "silly season" in RAF circles. First the Farnborough weekend then the "At Homes".

FB

PS If its postponed for 12 months then there is no point at all in claiming its postponed, its cancelled in that case. It is an established routine annual event and I don't like this playing with words trying to mask another meaning. Postponed means they intend to hold it this year still. I trust they will clarify this and if they do really mean cancelled this year then what are actually trying to say?
I have danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings!

Rich.B

Post by Rich.B »

Slim chance it could be held in September, if you read there press release. Thou it is a slim chance.

MiG_Eater

Post by MiG_Eater »

September is the right time for an RAF Airshow. I really do hope this happens!

borismorris

Post by borismorris »

Everything I have seen from the official channels today has said the desire is there to put on a September show, providing it’s viable.

Take a look at their Twitter feed for exact wording

Failing that, those who have 2020 tickets will have super super super earlybird tickets for 2021

jasonT1981

Post by jasonT1981 »

Would love to transfer tickets to next show, but without knowing dates its impossible for me to be able to do so.

jasonT1981

Post by jasonT1981 »

Anyone having issues getting a refund or changing their ticket? It said on the email there is a live chat, however when I go to the page linked in email, it doesn't give a live chat option. Just generic options and when you click my event has been cancelled it doesn't give you any further options :/

shorsley

Post by shorsley »

Cosford now, sadly, joining the list of 2020's cancelled events: https://www.raf.mod.uk/news/articles/no ... _IX66PA8h8
"I have a good pilot and a safe pilot."

Flickr

Cole

Re: RAF Cosford Airshow 2020 - CANCELLED

Post by Cole »

A Shame, but an expected shame :(
Canon 800D & Sigma 150-600 C
Dudley, West Midlands

Shows I'm Attending in 2020:

Well Um..

Post by 106500 »

Well, today was the day and it looks like there’s a bit of rain about! Can’t wait for next year..... will soon come around 😎

Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Post by Wrexham Mackem »

I wonder what would have been there, and whether I actually want to know.

I'm about 40 miles up the A41 - and a wet start to the day has given way to blue sky, some fluffy white clouds and its very warm. Could rain again later. Only on UKAR will we discuss the weather for an airshow that isn't even happening! :-)

Yes, next year will soon come round.

jasonT1981

Post by jasonT1981 »

I was due to fly over to London first for the Trooping of the Colour and then train up to Birmingham for Cosford today. Makes me sad thinking about it. Bring on 2021!

Mike

Post by Mike »

When you look at the number of (especially military) airshows that have quietly fizzled out in recent years, you have to wonder whether it could now go the same way as Waddington, Leuchars, Scampton and Culdrose.

nighthawk999

Post by nighthawk999 »

Mike wrote:
Sun 14 Jun 2020, 3:41 pm
When you look at the number of (especially military) airshows that have quietly fizzled out in recent years, you have to wonder whether it could now go the same way as Waddington, Leuchars, Scampton and Culdrose.
Why would it do that??It's the RAF's only show now and attracts thousands each year.I guess the"enthusiast" community are just a small part of the crowds.Waddington stopped due to all the ISTAR stuff being there,and drone control portakabins etc.Not the ideal place for a two day airshow to be held.

The organisers have stated it will be held next year,with one option being able to carry over the 2020 tickets.Maybe you just enjoy spreading doom and gloom!