RIAT 2019

Re: RIAT 2019

Postby Canberra TT.18 on Thu 11 Jul 2019, 7:43 pm

Red Dragon wrote:
Wrexham Mackem wrote:
boff180 wrote:
Canberra TT.18 wrote:The static has just one (1) RAF fighter.
A single 9 Sqn Typhoon. :shock:
That must be an all time low. (Only one step from the lowest possible :-X )


Indeed, this (IMO) is a very poor commitment from the RAF. Operational requirements or not, there are 2 (I think) Typhoon units deployed out of 8 (soon to be 9).


Agreed. Such apparent apathy towards an event that exists to raise money for RAF charities. Very poor.


Out of a fleet of 150 Typhoons (of various types and tranches) and the RAF can only muster 1 static Typhoon example for the charity that runs a show to raise funds for its own charity?

The Belgians/ Dutch/ Australians at their shows perform 4 ship flypasts, "tactical demo's" etc, static displays from all squadrons (all from Air Forces that are smaller than the RAF)

Having spoken to RAF personnel they all want to show off their latest toys, too me it does genuinely seem the RAF (decision makers) can't be arsed. I do sometimes wonder is it....
A- No funds in the kitty
B- Health & Safety says no/ Too much hassle/ Too much paperwork
C- No interest from the senior RAF personnel themselves
D- All of the above
E- Something totally different

I've done this small list to compare between "I'd better make an effort" to "Time to celebrate"

RAF at RIAT 2019
Eurofighter Typhoon - 158 = 9 x Operational Typhoons Squadrons = 1 x in Static/ 1 in Flying/ Spare.
F-35B - 9 = 1 x Operational F-35 Squadron = 1 Flying (limited aerobatics)
British Aerospace Hawk T2 - 28 = 1 x Operational Hawk T2 Squadron = 1 x Static.

RAAF at Avalon 2019
F/A-18A/B Hornet - 69 = 2 x Operational Legacy Hornet Squadrons = 2 Static/ 4 in Flying/ 2 Spares.
F/A-18F Super Hornet - 24 = 1 x Operational Super Hornet Squadrons = 1 Static/ 4 in Flying/ 2 Spares
F-35A - 14 = 1 x Operational F-35A Squadron = 2 x Flying (Full aerobics)
Hawk 127 - 33 = 2 x Operational Hawk 127 Squadrons = 2 x Static/ 1 in Flying/ 1 Spare.


I was referring to the static aircraft.

I guess the demo will bring a spare and for the FP there will be 3 Typhoons and probably a spare aircraft.
So between 4-6 Typhoons for the flying part. :clap:
User avatar
Canberra TT.18

Re: RIAT 2019

Postby FlankerPhoto on Thu 11 Jul 2019, 9:00 pm

For the spotters,

Su-27P1M "39 Blue" will be the display jet this year. :up:
FlankerPhoto

Re: RIAT 2019

Postby Gripenjetphotos on Thu 11 Jul 2019, 9:02 pm

FlankerPhoto wrote:For the spotters,

Su-27P1M "39 Blue" will be the display jet this year. :up:


A new display pilot too, one Yuriy Bulavka. The previous pilot Alexander Oksanchenko is also believed to be taking part in some form or another. The static jet is now confirmed as once again being BLUE 71.
Last edited by Gripenjetphotos on Thu 11 Jul 2019, 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Instagram- https://www.instagram.com/gripen_jet_photos/

2019 shows:
Old Warden (Season Premiere)
RIAT (Thu, Sat, Mon)
User avatar
Gripenjetphotos

Re: RIAT 2019

Postby boff180 on Thu 11 Jul 2019, 9:09 pm

Really? The reason why he stood down as display pilot was because he was retiring from the Air Force.
User avatar
boff180
UKAR Staff

Re: RIAT 2019

Postby Gripenjetphotos on Thu 11 Jul 2019, 9:12 pm

boff180 wrote:Really? The reason why he stood down as display pilot was because he was retiring from the Air Force.


Could well be another reason, but the same guy that does the patches for the display team says that he will be participating. Could well be that it is in some other form, so I hereby change my comment!
Instagram- https://www.instagram.com/gripen_jet_photos/

2019 shows:
Old Warden (Season Premiere)
RIAT (Thu, Sat, Mon)
User avatar
Gripenjetphotos

Re: RIAT 2019

Postby IATthenRIAT on Thu 11 Jul 2019, 9:18 pm

Gripenjetphotos wrote:
FlankerPhoto wrote:For the spotters,

Su-27P1M "39 Blue" will be the display jet this year. :up:


A new display pilot too, one Yuriy Bulavka. The previous pilot Alexander Oksanchenko is also believed to be taking part in some form or another. The static jet is now confirmed as once again being BLUE 71.


Oh well, if I can make it I will cop one of the two 39 Blue will be good.
IATthenRIAT

Re: RIAT 2019

Postby mark_aviation on Thu 11 Jul 2019, 9:39 pm

Looks like Blue 39 has been repainted recently into their blue digital camo scheme (similar to Blue 58 of previous years).
mark_aviation

Re: RIAT 2019

Postby Airshowhammer on Thu 11 Jul 2019, 9:47 pm

mark_aviation wrote:Looks like Blue 39 has been repainted recently into their blue digital camo scheme (similar to Blue 58 of previous years).


Ah, was going to say the main difference was the camo. Oh well a Flanker is a Flanker, wouldn't care if one turnt up in a Red Bull scheme if i'm honest!
Airshowhammer

Re: RIAT 2019

Postby IATthenRIAT on Thu 11 Jul 2019, 10:11 pm

130612 CFC2533 CC-130J-30

Possibly our/Yeovilton CAF Herc just gone into Cardiff.
IATthenRIAT

Re: RIAT 2019

Postby Tmyers123 on Thu 11 Jul 2019, 10:23 pm

The Qatar C-17A at Yeovilton is the lovely Qatar Amiri Flight airframe, let’s hope it’s the one that comes to RIAT. :love:

User avatar
Tmyers123

Re: RIAT 2019

Postby Flare Path on Thu 11 Jul 2019, 10:34 pm

Tmyers123 wrote:The Qatar C-17A at Yeovilton is the lovely Qatar Amiri Flight airframe, let’s hope it’s the one that comes to RIAT. :love:


I hope so. Superb looking machine.
Flare Path

Re: RIAT 2019

Postby JJC on Thu 11 Jul 2019, 11:03 pm

Looks like just the one T-6 from Greece judging by the photos I’ve seen from Yeovilton today?

Bit of a marmite scheme, I must say. The standard trainer scheme looks infinitely better.
''Time to dive into the fireworks!''
User avatar
JJC

Re: RIAT 2019

Postby Tmyers123 on Thu 11 Jul 2019, 11:22 pm

JJC wrote:Looks like just the one T-6 from Greece judging by the photos I’ve seen from Yeovilton today?

Bit of a marmite scheme, I must say. The standard trainer scheme looks infinitely better.


Agreed.
User avatar
Tmyers123

Re: RIAT 2019

Postby Adie1980 on Fri 12 Jul 2019, 5:30 am

Gripenjetphotos wrote:
FlankerPhoto wrote:For the spotters,

Su-27P1M "39 Blue" will be the display jet this year. :up:


A new display pilot too, one Yuriy Bulavka. The previous pilot Alexander Oksanchenko is also believed to be taking part in some form or another. The static jet is now confirmed as once again being BLUE 71.


I thought Yurii Bulavka was the 2018 display pilot?
I say this because I have a photo with him from last year and his uniform patch definitely says "Display Pilot" :dunno:
Attending Daks over Normandy (Duxford), Yeovilton Air Day 2019, RIAT 2019 & Bournemouth Air Festival 2019
User avatar
Adie1980

Re: RIAT 2019

Postby capercaillie on Fri 12 Jul 2019, 7:52 am

Airshowhammer wrote:
mark_aviation wrote:Looks like Blue 39 has been repainted recently into their blue digital camo scheme (similar to Blue 58 of previous years).


Ah, was going to say the main difference was the camo. Oh well a Flanker is a Flanker, wouldn't care if one turnt up in a Red Bull scheme if i'm honest!


Burn the witch again :ninja: :grin:
"The surrogate voice of st24"
User avatar
capercaillie

Re: RIAT 2019

Postby Skyflash on Fri 12 Jul 2019, 8:52 am

Gripenjetphotos wrote:
boff180 wrote:Really? The reason why he stood down as display pilot was because he was retiring from the Air Force.


Could well be another reason, but the same guy that does the patches for the display team says that he will be participating. Could well be that it is in some other form, so I hereby change my comment!


He might well be coaching the new display pilot, and is thus travelling to Fairford in some sort of advisor/observer capacity.
Posting comments on an aviation-related chatroom, are ya? Looks like it an' all...
User avatar
Skyflash
UKAR Staff

Re: RIAT 2019

Postby Luke28 on Fri 12 Jul 2019, 10:14 am

France and UK will still be flashing because of yesterdsys update I suspect, wouldn't read anything it it.
Luke28

Re: RIAT 2019

Postby Airwolfhound on Fri 12 Jul 2019, 11:57 am

For those going on the Sunday, and not Saturday, can you stop doing your little rain dance as Saturday (as per BBC) looks like a wash out now (as does Friday and partially Thursday (although a bit early and bound to change...............)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24874528@N04/

Agile, mobile and hostile ;-)
Airwolfhound

Re: RIAT 2019

Postby Airshowhammer on Fri 12 Jul 2019, 12:04 pm

I thought the RAF Typhoon were going to have a scheme this year, whatever happened to that?
Airshowhammer

Re: RIAT 2019

Postby Rossbeef on Fri 12 Jul 2019, 12:05 pm

Airshowhammer wrote:I thought the RAF Typhoon were going to have a scheme this year, whatever happened to that?


The sticker fell off.
Rossbeef

Re: RIAT 2019

Postby HeyfordDave111 on Fri 12 Jul 2019, 12:08 pm

Rossbeef wrote:
Airshowhammer wrote:I thought the RAF Typhoon were going to have a scheme this year, whatever happened to that?


The sticker fell off.


That's what happens when you can only afford enough glue for 3 corners. :heyhey:
Got to love Russianhardware
HeyfordDave111

Re: RIAT 2019

Postby capercaillie on Fri 12 Jul 2019, 12:11 pm

HeyfordDave111 wrote:
Rossbeef wrote:
Airshowhammer wrote:I thought the RAF Typhoon were going to have a scheme this year, whatever happened to that?


The sticker fell off.


That's what happens when you can only afford enough glue for 3 corners. :heyhey:


That didn't go well with the training either, as the sticker was round. :dizzy:
"The surrogate voice of st24"
User avatar
capercaillie

Re: RIAT 2019

Postby Airshowhammer on Fri 12 Jul 2019, 12:15 pm

Polish Su-22's flying again :sad:
Airshowhammer

Re: RIAT 2019

Postby CJS on Fri 12 Jul 2019, 12:21 pm

Airshowhammer wrote:Polish Su-22's flying again :sad:


Why the sad face?
"Forewarned is forearmed"
How do you know I didn't?
User avatar
CJS

Re: RIAT 2019

Postby JJC on Fri 12 Jul 2019, 12:21 pm

Airwolfhound wrote:For those going on the Sunday, and not Saturday, can you stop doing your little rain dance as Saturday (as per BBC) looks like a wash out now (as does Friday and partially Thursday (although a bit early and bound to change...............)


Considering that’s a change from yesterday, I wouldn’t worry too much just yet. Tomorrow it’ll be different again.
''Time to dive into the fireworks!''
User avatar
JJC

PreviousNext

Return to Royal International Air Tattoo

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests