Happy Birthday RIAT

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
CJS

Happy Birthday RIAT

Post by CJS »

50 years young, here's to the next 50 👍🏼👍🏼
With just the slightest bit of finesse, I might have made a little less mess.

MiG_Eater

Re: Happy Birthday RIAT

Post by MiG_Eater »

Its not hyperbole to say many of the best days of my life have been at RIAT.

Its a thread that runs through my whole life - everything changes, but RIAT is constant. The thrill of the chilly Wednesday morning as the first twinkling landing light fades into view, to the bittersweet moment of walking out of the airfield gates for the final time on the Monday afternoon.

Looking forward to RIAT is a tonic for the worst day at work, the coldest and darkest winter days, and even the most painful moments that life holds - it was always a certainty, and a source of hope and encouragement. Its more than just a day out, its a tradition. The loss of the last two years has been utterly dreadful, and i'm hoping beyond hope that the airshow will return again.

Massive respect and appreciation, as always, to all those at DBH who put on what is for me the highlight of the year - every year. Here's to 2022.

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

Hear hear!

TJJ

Post by TJJ »

There was a small birthday party at North Weald on Monday, complete with an anniversary cake. Tim Prince and Peter March, the longest serving volunteer, were there along with along with representatives from RAFCTE.

A Jodel D140C Mousquetaire, G-ATKX from Redhill, which had attended the first event, returned again. Sadly a second Jodel due to fly in got stopped by morning fog.
Nikon D750, Nikon D300s, Nikon D90

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

TJJ wrote:
Wed 02 Jun 2021, 4:02 pm
There was a small birthday party at North Weald on Monday, complete with an anniversary cake. Tim Prince and Peter March, the longest serving volunteer, were there along with along with representatives from RAFCTE.

A Jodel D140C Mousquetaire, G-ATKX from Redhill, which had attended the first event, returned again. Sadly a second Jodel due to fly in got stopped by morning fog.
Article coming soon (tm)