RIAT 2010 participation thread

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
Bandit01

Re: RIAT 2010 participation thread

Post by Bandit01 »

Saw the Sukhoi flying in 2009 @ Le Bourget, was nice to see....
Once a sheep always a sheep....

8TH FS
49TH FW
Holloman AFB, New Mexico

Visit us @ www.bandit-shirts.be

StevenH

Post by StevenH »

On another topic, is the NATO E3 with the special scheme still around, or has it gone back to grey?

Russ

Post by Russ »

Totally happy with the Superjet flying at RIAT - never seen it before, so great. :clap:

It's one ten minute display slot in an 8.5 hour flying display. How can anyone get upset and annoyed by that? :facepalm: :wall:

Another thing, Sukhoi have obviously accepted RIAT's invitation to attend - that could be the start of a promising relationship, which might lead to bigger and better things in the future. It would be unwise to knock it's appearance.

A40-BP

Post by A40-BP »

Glad to see another update, happy to see another two F-16's, and KC-10 and yes good to see the Superjet flying, maybe out of touch yes, but i didnt see any of you complaining when the A380 was pencilled in for 2008!

Hoping for one last update with any of J-22/C-5/B-1B then its a done deal for me(as if it wasnt already)

Now jus wait for the weather forecast....

With dumb bombs and retarded bomblets, why don't they just use stupid missiles?

tomw94

Post by tomw94 »

just waiting on the vulcan :), and what would really top it off would be a B-1, but hey great show as it is already.. no harm in wanting more? :heyhey:

PeterR

Post by PeterR »

TomTwin wrote:I got the highest score in a competition for Aircraft Recognition for North Wales Air Cadets last year. :

I'm the West Mercian champion :tongue:

HuwJHopkins

Post by HuwJHopkins »

Jumbojet380 wrote:
TomTwin wrote:I got the highest score in a competition for Aircraft Recognition for North Wales Air Cadets last year. :

TomTwin and Jumbojet380 are both good at aircraft recognition, but who's better. There's only one way to find out...FIGHTTT :grin:

chrisward123

Post by chrisward123 »

I WAS the North England Champion back in '06 :grin: Can I join in the fight :tumbleweed:
2021 - Hopefully RIAT!

TomTwin

Post by TomTwin »

Russ wrote:Totally happy with the Superjet flying at RIAT - never seen it before, so great. :clap:

It's one ten minute display slot in an 8.5 hour flying display. How can anyone get upset and annoyed by that? :facepalm: :wall:

Another thing, Sukhoi have obviously accepted RIAT's invitation to attend - that could be the start of a promising relationship, which might lead to bigger and better things in the future. It would be unwise to knock it's appearance.

Indeed! This could be a sign they are willing to send the SU-35 Super Flanker over soon. Moley had that on his list, whose to say it will make a welcome suprise to RIAT, either this year or next.....

jon93

Post by jon93 »

This thread has become a full blown war of aircraft recognition what has the world come to. :lol:

Dollar99

Post by Dollar99 »

Perhaps if you looked who owns 25% of Sukhoi's civil division and who is one of the RIAT Sponsors and you might be able to put 2 + 2 together to make 4 :tongue:

StevenH

Post by StevenH »

This thread has become a full blown war of aircraft recognition what has the world come to. :lol:

At least people haven't started with the long range weather forecasts yet...

jon93

Post by jon93 »

Thats very true, theres time yet though. Metcheck :lol:

mjstar1234

Post by mjstar1234 »

cant wait! just one thing not all the parcitpatents are gunna be show on riat website are they.??

good list so far just realy hopeing for something to get me over excited! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

agdickie
UKAR Staff

Post by agdickie »

Russ wrote:Totally happy with the Superjet flying at RIAT - never seen it before, so great. :clap:

I really enjoyed the DHL 757 display in 05 (what a topside!) and the Oasis 747 display in 07 wasn't too shoddy either. It's not a normal environment for an airliner and as one-offs I think they work quite well at an airshow like RIAT - big and long enough to accomodate such a display. I've said it before but having big aircraft that you wouldn't really see doing this anywhere else brings a bit of "Wow!" and theatre back to airshows and that's what we need. Would rather have the variety of a Superjet than another Hornet or another F-16.
Agdickie on Airliners.net
Hey jet pilots! Do a barrell roll!

andrew653

Post by andrew653 »

TomTwin wrote:
HuwJHopkins wrote:
TomTwin wrote:Erm you have put an Airbus A320 against a Sukhoi Superjet 100. They don't look the same.

Glad I'm not the only one that can tell that they are not the same!

I got the highest score in a competition for Aircraft Recognition for North Wales Air Cadets last year. :smile: I am also feared by many because I will rip their brains apart with my knowledge of Aviation :butt:

ahh you must be one of the twins that keeps preventing us from winning then

TomTwin

Post by TomTwin »

andrew653 wrote:
TomTwin wrote:
HuwJHopkins wrote:
TomTwin wrote:Erm you have put an Airbus A320 against a Sukhoi Superjet 100. They don't look the same.

Glad I'm not the only one that can tell that they are not the same!

I got the highest score in a competition for Aircraft Recognition for North Wales Air Cadets last year. :smile: I am also feared by many because I will rip their brains apart with my knowledge of Aviation :butt:

ahh you must be one of the twins that keeps preventing us from winning then

I am indeed! :smile: But we aren't doing it this year I am on a Gliding Scholarship, actually hoping to go solo tomorrow :smile: And my bro is revising for his A level exam on Tuesday. Our team is not as good as it could be so now is your chance!

Tell me who won the air rec this year please, I assume 1918 Ruthin will have a strong team this year. Good Luck!

TomTwin

Post by TomTwin »

HuwJHopkins wrote:
Jumbojet380 wrote:

TomTwin and Jumbojet380 are both good at aircraft recognition, but who's better. There's only one way to find out...FIGHTTT :grin:

Now that would be good :smile:

Agg
UKAR Staff

Post by Agg »

StevenH wrote:On another topic, is the NATO E3 with the special scheme still around, or has it gone back to grey?
I think its still around, remember seeing it doing some touch and goes here in Norway just a couple of months ago.

Macc

Post by Macc »

Agg wrote:
StevenH wrote:On another topic, is the NATO E3 with the special scheme still around, or has it gone back to grey?
I think its still around, remember seeing it doing some touch and goes here in Norway just a couple of months ago.

As far as I know, yes, but with a grey rudder. :)

I'm personally very happy with the Sukhoi Superjet, I think it looks lovely!

Chris.

Monty

Post by Monty »

On another note, I am the Beds and Cambs Air r :wave: ec champion and The Original Monty came 4th in the corp competition in 2008 so :tongue:
Canon EOS 50D
Canon 18-55mm IS
Canon 70-300mm IS USM F-4.0/5.6

1094 (Ely) Sqn ATC

PeterR

Post by PeterR »

Hopefully this year our Region won't use dodgy MS Flight Simulator screen shots for the competition and then I'll get through to the Corp Competition! :wat:

Monty

Post by Monty »

Hopefully see you there then, lost out last year by one mark :wall:
Canon EOS 50D
Canon 18-55mm IS
Canon 70-300mm IS USM F-4.0/5.6

1094 (Ely) Sqn ATC

APG

Post by APG »

I feel really sorry for the RIAT organisers you have my full support after reading through the comments on here

exocet_uk

Post by exocet_uk »

I feel really sorry for the RIAT organisers you have my full support after reading through the comments on here

Ditto. It must feel very 'damned if you do, damned if you don't'...