Wes_Howes

Re: RIAT 2012 Participants

Post by Wes_Howes »

Would be great to see the SE but wheels on tarmac and all that :wink:

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

Super Hornet test pilot demo just announced at Farnborough press day (together with F-16 demo, unknown aircraft source atm) as predicted :biggrin:

Place bets Super Hornet is also at Fairford... NOW!

Andy

re-patch

Post by re-patch »

Hallo

Me and my father visited Fairford last year for the first time (we're from Switzerland), well first time for me at least, my father was already at previous one's I think (some time waay back :D).
I have to add that we both really enjoyed it and we're going to visit again this year :yahoo: :yahoo:

I just read the last few sites (33 to 43 or so) and it's really sad that a lot of people seem to mock the comittee who maganages/invites the participants, considering that the line-up so far is absolutely great!!

----

As I am a huge fan of loud/powerful jetfighters (FA18-Eurofigher-Rafale) and such ...

... therefore I am very very happy about this year's line-up! I've never seen a Mig29 before and I'm looking forward to seeing Eurofighter-Rafale-Grippen again!

I was just wondering and wanted to ask a few things:

1. Do you guys think it's possible the Raptor (F22) could return for a flying display this year? (saw some youtube clips, sick machine :dizzy: )
2. I heard rumours that there might be an Hornet or even a SuperHornet, does anyone know anything about that?
3. Do you think there's a chance that some F15 or anything else from the States (F14/F35/...) or Russia (SU/MIG) might make an appearanece?

I'm looking forward to the airshow!
Have a nice day everyone

cheers
RePatch

EDIT:
Didn't see the previous post about the Super Hornet, sounds good! Hope hope hope :shock:

Wes_Howes

Post by Wes_Howes »

Unfortunately the USAF ACC has canned all displays except the Raptor and Thunderbirds and getting either of those to RIAT this year is extremely unlikely.

re-patch

Post by re-patch »

Wes_Howes wrote:Unfortunately the USAF ACC has canned all displays except the Raptor and Thunderbirds and getting either of those to RIAT this year is extremely unlikely.

Hallo

Sorry I don't quite get your answer :wall:

1. Did I get that right (sorry my English is not flawless) ... is USAF ACC the United States Department who is responsibel for sending Aircraft to displays around the world? Means that probably no American jetfigthers are comming?

2. You say they've cancelled everything EXCEPT Raptor and Thunderbirds? Why does that make it unlikely for a Raptor to appear at RIAT 2012?

Sorry for the stupid questions :wall:

cheers

Andyperkins

Post by Andyperkins »

The USAF have cancelled their F-15, F16 and A-10 demos for this year so the only aircraft they have flying at airshows are the Thunderbirds and the F-22 and both are either already attending events in the US the same weekend or very close to it which makes seeing them over here extremely unlikely.

You never know though, perhaps the US DoD will send over something for Farnborough which we can pinch :smile:

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

There is no chance of the ACC F22 demo visiting the UK, they have already announced displays will be limited to the US for 2012.

Andy

Meep

Post by Meep »

kw. wrote:I send them a message with the same question, but haven't gotten an answer back. My guess is, that it'll be static ...
If I know more, I'll post it here

Did the sticky thread at the top of this forum pass you by? The one that says

In the lead up to RIAT, can we please remind all members NOT to contact Air Arm display teams to ask if they are attending.

Please see the following thread from last year for further information...

re-patch

Post by re-patch »

boff180 wrote:There is no chance of the ACC F22 demo visiting the UK, they have already announced displays will be limited to the US for 2012.

Andy

Damn, okay, bad luck, would've been great to see the F22, well there's still a chance we get to see a Super Hornet :-)
Otherwhise we'll enjoy the aircraft already announced!

thanks for clearing that up!

cheers

APG

Post by APG »

Andyperkins wrote:You never know though, perhaps the US DoD will send over something for Farnborough which we can pinch :smile:

USDoD support trade shows internationally not airshows, but a flying visitor could be based at Fairford as has happened in the past

tu16

Post by tu16 »

Out of interest, can we expect the Polish AF to provide a spare MIG29, as they did at Yeovilton last year?

Quid59

Post by Quid59 »

I'd rather pray to have a good weather rather than wishing the impossible !!!

Rossbeef

Post by Rossbeef »

French Air Force Boeing C-135FR Stratotanker added to the static display for RIAT 2012. Also, French Navy Breguet-Dassault Atlantique 2 & Dassault Falcon 10 MER added to the static display.

Nice additions.

Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon »

And Omani A-320! Nice

swingy

Post by swingy »

Greece declined invite

Danny

Post by Danny »

USAFE: The Air Tattoo is currently talking to the USAFE at RAF Lakenheath with a view to them sending two F-15Es for static display. No decision has been taken and much will depend on the aircraft's operational commitments in July.

NEWS: With the eight-hour flying display programme already crammed full of exciting aircraft the amount of space still available is fast diminishing. However, planners in the Air Ops department believe there is one more fast jet to be added to the line-up with an announcement anticipated shortly.

Presumably that one last fast jet is the Super Hornet?
"Can you believe it? Chelsea will just not let go in the Champions League!"

DeanW

Post by DeanW »

C-135FR - get in!

chrisward123

Post by chrisward123 »

Civilian
deHavilland Vampire T-55 - Classic Flight (s)
Bell UH-1H Huey - The Huey Team (s)
Hughes OH-6 Cayuse- The Huey Team (s)

French Air Force
Boeing C-135FR Stratotanker (s)

French Navy
Brequet-Dassault Atlantique 2 (s)
Dassault Falcon 10 MER (s)

Royal Air Force of Oman
Airbus A320 (s)
2021 - Hopefully RIAT!

Flare Path

Post by Flare Path »

DeanW wrote:C-135FR - get in!

Super addition. :clap:

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

NEWS: With the eight-hour flying display programme already crammed full of exciting aircraft the amount of space still available is fast diminishing. However, planners in the Air Ops department believe there is one more fast jet to be added to the line-up with an announcement anticipated shortly.

That'll be the Super Hornet then!

Andy

TomTwin

Post by TomTwin »

Superb additions there, Atlantique, A320, and of course, the Red Arrows.

The Moley clue was the tanker. HOW? :dunno:

RickIngham

Post by RickIngham »

Huey, Atlantique and C-135R are superb additions! :worship:

Youth from Yorkshire

Post by Youth from Yorkshire »

kw. wrote:Just got a mail from the 17F squadron from the French navy that may get some people excited, but then again ..... :biggrin:
17F will attend RIAT this year with their lovely Super Etendart :yahoo:

I - for one - am very excited about this addition and the whole attendance list announced so far. Looks to me to be one of the best editions since the last couple of years.
Seems like the RIAT team have gotten the message from the complaints over the last couple of years.
Fantastic job done, so far RIAT team !!! Keep the ball rolling

French Navy have confirmed some additions today but Super Etendard isnt one of them any more news on this aircraft??

tu16

Post by tu16 »

boff180 wrote:

I guess that means the Italian participation mention on the 2/2/12 will be the C27 Spartan.