Hiya Folks, Moley Here

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
mole

Hiya Folks, Moley Here

Post by mole »

Hiya Folks, Moley Here!
I hope you are all well and looking forward to this summer’s Air Tattoo.
Okay, okay, so it’s been a while since we last spoke!
I actually wasn’t planning to come out of hibernation until next month but two speculative enquiries from chaps called Antal and Martin about Moley’s whereabouts put the Air Tattoo team in a spin and before I knew it, the goons had despatched search parties to find him . . .
Actually, it worked in my favour in the end.
For the past two months both Mrs Mole's and my sleep has been disturbed by a noisy bunch of un-neighbourly beavers who took up residence in a desirable waterside location not far from our cosy burrow in Fairford.
If any of you have been kept awake by a beaver before, you’ll understand why it was that I was so tired by the morning!
Ever since they moved in there has been incessant building going on as our new neighbours installed a new security system to protect them. Last week, was the final straw! As a result of all the mud, stones and timber deposited in the stream, it actually caused some of the water to divert, flooding our kitchen.
I plotted revenge. However, so big were their elaborate constructions that I knew immediately any demolition job would require some help. So, I enlisted the help of two lay-about moles from the next valley.
My plan was to launch them down the riverbank on Space Hoppers straight into the beavers’ construction. As night fell, I knew it was time to launch my ‘bouncing bums’! And, guess what, they scored a direct hit!
And so it was that with teamwork and a little bit of luck, my audacious dam-busting raid proved a great success resulting in breached defences and four wet beavers. Not a bad night’s work in anyone’s book . . .
I digress. Why should you be interested in my nocturnal shenanigans!
So, we’re going to start gently, with a few easy clues to get things rolling.
I think it would be fair to say there’s a musical theme to this week’s clue.
As you should be used to by now, the references might be slightly obscure. When it comes to musical clues you won’t find me alluding to any of the Mole world’s biggest hits such as There’s a Mole in my Bucket, Beg Steal or Burrow or I Fought The Claw (and the Claw Won)!
So here goes:
At the risk of rendering you speechless, Yes, speechless, if you think ‘Olympics and music’ you should come up with a person who hails from the country that this aircraft comes from!
If you need more help in the music department then you’ll find support from 2,000, initially, if you simply look in the boot! If you think it’ll arrive at Fairford from the East end, think again . . .
As for the aircraft itself, that’s easy. Think of the letter ‘M’. If anyone had turned it upside down it became ‘w’ . . .
Simple eh? Crack this and you’ll be in a league of your own!

Good luck

zigzag

Re: Hiya Folks, Moley Here

Post by zigzag »

As usual Ive no idea, but welcome back
If you like these pics there are more utterly brilliant shots at https://www.flickr.com/photos/131094099@N08/albums
#MOT

Inthrustwetrust

Post by Inthrustwetrust »

Ok I'm going to be first.

Beaver.......de havilland

De havilland...........mosquito?

Bouncing bums..........bouncing bombs .............mosquito

It's in the west at the minute and came from upside down.........New Zealand

Or the Canadian Lancaster. :lol:
Last edited by Inthrustwetrust on Tue 30 Apr 2013, 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Canon 6D, 50D & 600d
Canon 28-105 &100-400 L usm lens

Aviation pics on davejonesphotography/zenfolio/

zigzag

Post by zigzag »

Better have a stab at it,

Is Olympics music soemthing to do with Vangellis - who is Greek

Then we have 2000 & M.

So a Greek Mirage 2000 it is.
If you like these pics there are more utterly brilliant shots at https://www.flickr.com/photos/131094099@N08/albums
#MOT

chrisward123

Post by chrisward123 »

Welcome Back Moley, as ever I have no idea!!
2021 - Hopefully RIAT!

Ian G
UKAR Staff

Post by Ian G »

I would agree the country is Greek with the Vangelis connection being the obvious choice. As for anything else, the boot/arriving at the east etc, well I'm stumped. Could it be one of the firefighting aircraft, CL-215 or a 'superscooper'??!

Ain't got a bleedin' clue but welcome back Moley!
Ian Garfield Photography Website!

Flickr Photostream

I should probably be working. Will work for doughnuts.

tu16

Post by tu16 »

"Speechless Code" in aviation uses Morse and the code for YES is E, or ECHO. Olympics started in Greece?

ECHO is also a GREEK nymph in mythology.

2000 is M+M in Roman numerals, so musically that is EMINEM? Who did a song called ECHO

If you turn M upside-down to W is that a "Mirage" or mirror image? So Mirage 2000.

ANSWER: Greek Air Force Mirage 2000?

antal

Post by antal »

I think that the part if the Mirage 2000 is in the right direction.

What I read is: If you think it'll arrive at Fairford from the East end, think again...

Maby we have to think more East..... UAE....

Cant link that with the 'Olympics and Music'

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

The Eminem bit fits well and of course he had Dido in the boot in the video for Stan.

So maybe hinting at Afghanistan or Pakistan, maybe even Kazakhstan MiG31s :grin:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

DanH

Post by DanH »

The music for the London 2012 opening ceremony was directed by Underworld. A reference to Australia perhaps?
Always seeking to lower the tone...

https://danhphotography.picfair.com/

Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon »

antal wrote:I think that the part if the Mirage 2000 is in the right direction.

What I read is: If you think it'll arrive at Fairford from the East end, think again...

Maby we have to think more East..... UAE....

Cant link that with the 'Olympics and Music'

I think the type could be correct, but I'm thinking of "type" of Olympics..... Football Olympics - The World Cup. Aren't the UAE hosting the World Cup in a few years? I think its a UAE Mirage 2000 (ideally 1 x Single seater 1 x Twin seater) :smile:

EDIT 1
The Band "Underworld" were started in Cardiff, in another thread on Aviation Waffle there's someone asking about CL-215's that have been wintering in Cardiff Airport :question:

EDIT 2
Australian Gold Coast are holding the next Commonwealth Games, Amberley is the local base there F/A-18F's, C-17A's, KC-30's.
Last edited by Red Dragon on Tue 30 Apr 2013, 9:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Plane Crazy

Post by Plane Crazy »

The Olympics in 2000 also took place in Australia

JJC

Post by JJC »

China? Canada? UAE? I have no idea! :lol:

It's not the Tonka/Lanc flypast is it? :tongue:
''Time to dive into the fireworks!''

138EAW

Post by 138EAW »

mole wrote:If you need more help in the music department then you’ll find support from 2,000, initially, if you simply look in the boot! If you think it’ll arrive at Fairford from the East end, think again . . .

Good luck

Around 2,000 drummers took part in the Beijing Olympic opening ceremony :whistle: :grin:
Gary

thewalkingNICK

Post by thewalkingNICK »

RITA Ora by any chance :lol:

Inthrustwetrust

Post by Inthrustwetrust »

Nimrod was also played at the Olympics, but I doubt we will see one of those :-)
Canon 6D, 50D & 600d
Canon 28-105 &100-400 L usm lens

Aviation pics on davejonesphotography/zenfolio/

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

The upside down thing may also be a pointer towards Australia.

stu_h
UKAR Supporter

Post by stu_h »

I'm gonna say it --- and I'm gonna be wrong... but are we getting a B2 again on a training hop?

How I hear you cry?

I too got the Eminem link via Echo and the Olympics, but then I went west (as it's not from the East) and it gave the country the singer was from.

2,000 in the UK is 2000, but isn't 2,000 the US way of saying 2 point something?

Then add a Boot.

And what does a B2 look like if not a flying W (from above) or M (from below)

There ya go - my first wrong guess of the year :smile:

Bigrob

Post by Bigrob »

Welcome back moley! I have no idea. Give us another clue

osprey2013

Post by osprey2013 »

Hi Guys

My money is on a aussie Wedgetail . W for wedgetail,another name for boot ,tail?.

Osprey 2013

wamovements

Post by wamovements »

I know the Mole mosttimes announces static displays only, but somehow I am thinking of Ramex Delta, the French M2000N display team. 'East' sounds like 'Istres'
Starting from Issue 406 Scramble Magazine is a full colour magazine, another reason to subscribe!

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

I think there is too much thinking of Mirage 2000 here. Would we really have a clue for a Mirage 2000 with the number 2000 obviously suggested in the clue?
"The surrogate voice of st24"

Airshowhammer

Post by Airshowhammer »

Is it the B2? It looks like an M and when you turn it around it becomes a W? and also has WM written on the wheel cover (don't know what its called, sorry) and also "If you think it’ll arrive at Fairford from the East end, think again" it might be coming from the west? America, very ambitious :lol:

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

If we agree on Mirage 2000 that isn't coming from the east, the it could be a Brazilian one?They've got the next Olympics...?

zigzag

Post by zigzag »

capercaillie wrote:I think there is too much thinking of Mirage 2000 here. Would we really have a clue for a Mirage 2000 with the number 2000 obviously suggested in the clue?

You could be right here, Moley says initially 2,000 - would that be TT (Two Thousand)
#MOT