FRIAT Grandstand

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
iskra750

FRIAT Grandstand

Post by iskra750 »

I am seated at my lowest level ever in the grand stand (Row K). Just after some advice, has anyone sat that low before and does the guardrail effect your photography.

Thanks in advance.
Iskra750

The Spotting Copper
Coningsby Spotterwatch Co-ordinator

willmurray

Re: FRIAT Grandstand

Post by willmurray »

Hi,

We were seated there last year at our request (we are Mach 3). Our reasoning was due to both myself carrying a good amount of gear with me (not too much room in the tiers when you have a big bag of camera gear etc', plus we like to come and go regularly so its not as much hassle annoying people all of the time.

There was only one gripe, and that was the front barrier handrail which I thought could be lowered by a couple of centimeters. It will get in your way slightly for the runway shots, but for the aerial shots there is no problem at all and you don't have to worry about bashing into the person in front.

Hope this helps,
Will

iskra750

Post by iskra750 »

Will,

Thanks for the info, it's much appreciated. As I thought the runway shots might be a problem, I will see what I can do.

Steve
Iskra750

The Spotting Copper

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

willmurray wrote:
There was only one gripe, and that was the front barrier handrail which I thought could be lowered by a couple of centimeters. It will get in your way slightly for the runway shots

Damn, I'm even lower than that :(
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

iskra750

Post by iskra750 »

Wissam24 wrote:
willmurray wrote:
There was only one gripe, and that was the front barrier handrail which I thought could be lowered by a couple of centimeters. It will get in your way slightly for the runway shots

Didn't think you could get any lower than me lol.

Wissam, what Mach member are you?
Iskra750

The Spotting Copper

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

iskra750 wrote:
Wissam24 wrote:
willmurray wrote:

Didn't think you could get any lower than me lol.

Wissam, what Mach member are you?

3 but my dad is 1.
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016