Kempsford Camping

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
Fat Albert

Kempsford Camping

Post by Fat Albert »

Hi all
My RIAT starts from today ,the booking form from Clive was in this mornings post :biggrin: . No update to http://www.airshowcamping.co.uk/Front%20page.htm yet but form is filled in and on its way back pronto .Heres to a drier site this year and a show that actually takes place .

absolutangel

Re: Kempsford Camping

Post by absolutangel »

Our booking form arrived today, just have to decide how many nights in a tent I can stand! I did chuckle at the bit on the newsletter that said despite only being half full they nearly ran out of beer, I wonder why :whistle:

Russ

Post by Russ »

Got mine today too.

chris1978uk

Post by chris1978uk »

Crikey! Post in my part of Norn Iron normally arrives a day late, but mine came yesterday too! Form is going back today, airshow tickets are booked, just need to find money for the ferry now!

Lets hope the banner headline "2009 - High and Dry" holds true!
Canon EOS-450D
Canon EF-S 18-55mm IS
Canon EF 70-300mm IS USM
Sigma 18-250mm OS HSM

SOMERSET SKYHAWK

Post by SOMERSET SKYHAWK »

Russ wrote:Got mine today too.

Same here

Sent mine by post on Saturday 14/02/09

Can't wait for July :smile: :smile: :smile:

SOMERSET SKYHAWK

Post by SOMERSET SKYHAWK »

Got My booking confirmation by E-Mail on Monday 15/02/2009
Roll on July :smile: :smile:
FoDAS
(Friend of Dawlish Airshow)

FRIAT
(Friends of the Royal International Air Tattoo)

vanesy01

Post by vanesy01 »

For those of us that have a Facebook account i have set up a Kempsford Camp Site page for everyone to comment or upload pics from prevoius Shows or comment on hopes for RIAT 09

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho ... 2625694411

Cheers
Iain

steves4ssl

Post by steves4ssl »

Form submitted, payment made and booking confirmation email received ... :yahoo:

Major Grief

Post by Major Grief »

Hi all,

I'm one of the first-timers who is on the waiting list for a booking form. I was just wondering what the campsite is like at night. I'm planning to bring my family with me including three children who will be six, eight and ten. Do you think that the campsite will be suitable? It doesn't need to be like a library, but at the same time it could be a problem if people are playing football against the tent at three in the morning!

Honest answers only please :smile:

By the way, in no way am I condemning rowdy behaviour, I'd just rather not put the kids through it. The wife is a different matter...

codeMonkey

Post by codeMonkey »

Hi MajorGrief,
have been there numerous times with kids (and Grandparents) in tow and never had a problem.
We always go to the far end of the field, furthest from the entrance so we're out of the way of any traffic moving round the site.
One suggestion: make sure you take plenty of things for them to do that don't involve running round everyone elses pitches - otherwise you'll quickly find out which are the grumpiest of your neighbours ..

cM

Major Grief

Post by Major Grief »

codeMoney, Joe,

Thanks for the advice about camping. You've put my mind at rest, or to be more precise, my wife's mind.

We had a look at the facebook group and very few of the photos did not involve young blokes sitting down, smiling and holding lager. Don't get me wrong - there is nothing wrong with that. If it had been just a 'lads paradise' I would've had to leave the family at home and bring beer instead :biggrin:

Hunter_f6

Post by Hunter_f6 »

Major Grief wrote:codeMoney, Joe,

Thanks for the advice about camping. You've put my mind at rest, or to be more precise, my wife's mind.

We had a look at the facebook group and very few of the photos did not involve young blokes sitting down, smiling and holding lager. Don't get me wrong - there is nothing wrong with that. If it had been just a 'lads paradise' I would've had to leave the family at home and bring beer instead :biggrin:

the phots with the beer mountain were taken during the saturday last year when we had nothing better to do! (couldnt take them home with us after all... !) Wouldnt worry about noise in the evenings, most people try to be quiet returning from the pub but have been known to fall over the odd guy rope... :clap:

razor01

Post by razor01 »

Its official - the participating list - now includes Razor01 at Kempsford- Ok ladies ready for a few dirty flypasts.

Seriously though got confirmation today of my plot - bring it on - 5 days of chilling.

Pete :biggrin:

arnie

Post by arnie »

nice one razor bbq and beer time then lets hope its dry this year :cool:

Fumbles

Post by Fumbles »

Kempsford form sent away today... Roll on July... Hopfully alot less rain for July 2009. Clive if your around. Thanks again for all you did last year. We'll see you again this year.

Monty

Post by Monty »

Hey guys we are trying to get down to Kempsford this year as First-timers, when do they usually send out forms to people who have not been before?
Canon EOS 50D
Canon 18-55mm IS
Canon 70-300mm IS USM F-4.0/5.6

1094 (Ely) Sqn ATC

Brummiekid

Post by Brummiekid »

Monty wrote:Hey guys we are trying to get down to Kempsford this year as First-timers, when do they usually send out forms to people who have not been before?

I have not been before and I have never been sent a form. My Dad has never been and he has never received a form either. :mad:
Regan - "We're the Sweeney son and we haven't had any dinner"
http://www.totterdowncamping.co.uk

Monty

Post by Monty »

Brummiekid wrote:
Monty wrote:Hey guys we are trying to get down to Kempsford this year as First-timers, when do they usually send out forms to people who have not been before?

I have not been before and I have never been sent a form. My Dad has never been and he has never received a form either. :mad:

Think you have to express interest to the campsite first (dont know if you did that).
Canon EOS 50D
Canon 18-55mm IS
Canon 70-300mm IS USM F-4.0/5.6

1094 (Ely) Sqn ATC

G-CVIX

Post by G-CVIX »

Yeah i'm on the mailing list (first timer) but nothings been sent.

You can pick up the booking form from the website though, then you mail it in.

http://www.airshowcamping.co.uk/Front%20page.htm

habu21

Post by habu21 »

nice one razor bbq and beer time then lets hope its dry this year

You mean to tell me that all you do while your there, is eat, drink and watch aircraft,then eat and drink some more?....thats terrible :biggrin:

ythanpythan

Post by ythanpythan »

Just heard from the guys that I have a pitch confirmed Thursday to Monday. :yahoo: As the wife refuses to A: Spend four days watching planes and B: Stay in a tent, I am going to be billy no mates so looking forward to meeting you lot in the bar.

I'll bring the ketchup for the BBQ!

Ian

Graham R

Post by Graham R »

Ian, myself and two lads from Turriff will be attending from Thursday to monday also. Would be happy to share a few beers or Ciders!! :biggrin:
Low flyer
Canon eos 50d,eos 400d
Canon 70-300 usm is
Sigma 150 - 500
Sigma 70-300
Sigma 10-20

Oi Hubble sit down

ythanpythan

Post by ythanpythan »

Graham,

Good stuff, I will lay off the Cider though, 15 years later I still haven't got over a horrible underage drinking episode!

Ian

pako-2008

Post by pako-2008 »

Unfortunatly my first year in attendence last year resulted in a no show.
This however has not put me off and the application has been sent.
I shall be a singleton this year and am very much looking forward to it.
See you all there to crack open a few bevvies of any description.
Aaron
Cheers
Aaron

Ben H
UKAR Supporter

Post by Ben H »

I got my form through this morning (Albeit addressed to 'Mr Benb Hughes' - yes, I was filling the booking request out quickly!) - just need to send it off now :smile: