RIAT 2015

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
boff180
UKAR Staff

Re: RIAT 2015

Post by boff180 »

I'm currently planning direct to coningsby from RIAT departures then spending Tuesday through Thursday at coningsby.

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

boff180 wrote:I'm currently planning direct to coningsby from RIAT departures then spending Tuesday through Thursday at coningsby.

Fair enough, I'll be staying at my parents' in north London, so it's fairly convenient for me.
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

Pat Murphy

Post by Pat Murphy »

Airwolfhound wrote:You never know, perhaps Brize Tower could persuade the IL-78 to do a low fly-by over Fairford on its way to Brize depending on which runway they are landing on ? I know, I know, pigs might fly........although I do know for a fact that Warthogs fly :wink:

Chance would be a fine thing, I remember either last year or the year before, that fancy painted Qatari C17 took off out of Brize and headed into the wide blue yonder....not a peep from Brize for a flythrough :sad:

CrowdlinePhotography

Post by CrowdlinePhotography »

Pat Murphy wrote:
Airwolfhound wrote:You never know, perhaps Brize Tower could persuade the IL-78 to do a low fly-by over Fairford on its way to Brize depending on which runway they are landing on ? I know, I know, pigs might fly........although I do know for a fact that Warthogs fly :wink:

Chance would be a fine thing, I remember either last year or the year before, that fancy painted Qatari C17 took off out of Brize and headed into the wide blue yonder....not a peep from Brize for a flythrough :sad:

Are you sure it wasn't a Kuwait C17? Or was that a seperate occasion?

MRTT

Post by MRTT »

CrowdlinePhotography wrote:
Pat Murphy wrote:

Yeah think it was Kuwaiti, remember it lifting up in the distance.
2016 Shows
Duxford Spring
Weston
Cosford
Yeovilton
RIAT
Bournemouth
Jersey

CrowdlinePhotography

Post by CrowdlinePhotography »

BrizeWatcher wrote:
CrowdlinePhotography wrote:
Pat Murphy wrote:

Yeah think it was Kuwaiti, remember it lifting up in the distance.

Despite my Geography skills I didn't want to say Kuwaiti incase I was wrong. I recall seeing it on Blizzard the watcher's coverage of RIAT on You Tube

Russ

Post by Russ »

You are of course making the assumption that it wasn't urgently tasked elsewhere. :whistle:

Harvo266

Post by Harvo266 »

The sea vixen has been confirmed for all 3 days :)
Nikon D500

Typhoon15

Post by Typhoon15 »

Sea Vixen is Coming. :yahoo:

The Sea Vixen team are pleased to announce we will be attending : -
Yeovilton Air Day - 11 July 2015
RIAT - 17 - 19th July 2015
Culdrose Air Day - 30 July 2015
Bournemouth - 22/23 August 2015
Shoreham - 22/23 August 2015
These are the only confirmed events and we are still looking at some others - more later.

Hasboman

Post by Hasboman »

Typhoon15 wrote:Sea Vixen is Coming. :yahoo:

The Sea Vixen team are pleased to announce we will be attending : -
Yeovilton Air Day - 11 July 2015
RIAT - 17 - 19th July 2015
Culdrose Air Day - 30 July 2015
Bournemouth - 22/23 August 2015
Shoreham - 22/23 August 2015
These are the only confirmed events and we are still looking at some others - more later.

Only "confirmed" when confirmed by DBH :wink:

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

That will certainly look good taking off from the FRIAT enclosure :-)

Pringles

Post by Pringles »

Fantastic news :yahoo: Let's hope she's fixed by then! I've yet to see her fly but I've always liked the Sea Vixen - this may prove that DBH are willing to fork out for classic jets and with the absence of XH558 next year maybe this means a greater likelihood of seeing the Swedish Historic Flight next year or in the near future :biggrin:

Edit: just seen that there is no confirmation that it will be flying just that it will be attending - I'll hold on until DBH confirm it before I celebrate properly! :biggrin:
If life gives you melons then you're probably dyslexic

MRTT

Post by MRTT »

Brilliant! :yahoo:
2016 Shows
Duxford Spring
Weston
Cosford
Yeovilton
RIAT
Bournemouth
Jersey

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

And given it's somewhat unspectacular attendance rate , even if it does get confirmed I won't hold my breath until it's actually on the ground at RIAT. :whistle:
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

DanH

Post by DanH »

Great news! :smile:
Always seeking to lower the tone...

https://danhphotography.picfair.com/

planesgalaxxyclacton

Post by planesgalaxxyclacton »

Vixen!! will be good to see is it flying or static ?

Airshowhammer

Post by Airshowhammer »

Remember the Canberra confirmed last year and it was only static, i wouldn't get your hopes up at it flying, i'll be pleasantly surprised if it is and Dbh have splashed some cash to get it here :clap:

trebleone
UKAR Supporter

Post by trebleone »

boff180 wrote:That will certainly look good taking off from the FRIAT enclosure :-)

I would have thought it more likely that it will be taking off from the runway .........

sorry :biggrin:

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

boff180 wrote:That will certainly look good taking off from the FRIAT enclosure :-)

Didn't realise the Vixen was VTOL!
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

Airshowhammer

Post by Airshowhammer »

Has it even flown this year?

Typhoon15

Post by Typhoon15 »

Did Ground Test last Week, High speed Runs and First Flight expected soon.

Fumbles

Post by Fumbles »

Awesome news if it is confirmed by DBH/RIAT and if it will be attending RIAT. Hopefully it'll be in the flying display as well. I've only ever seen the Sea Vixen fly once, and that was during the Navy flypast years ago which just consisted of a flat high level straight flyby.

Airshowhammer

Post by Airshowhammer »

Coincidently Riat air ops tweeted a pic of the Sea Vixen just yesterday :wink:

RIAT Air Ops

Post by RIAT Air Ops »

Airshowhammer wrote:Coincidently Riat air ops tweeted a pic of the Sea Vixen just yesterday :wink:

The tweet was simply a look back in history and the aircraft in the picture was XN653 not XP924.

I would be interested to hear how the 'news' regarding G-CIVX has arisen as it's certainly something I'm unaware of and reading what has been posted earlier it sounds like the team i.e. exhibition stand only is what is being referred to. Will have a check in the morning :cuppa:

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

RIAT Air Ops wrote:I would be interested to hear how the 'news' regarding G-CIVX has arisen as it's certainly something I'm unaware of and reading what has been posted earlier it sounds like the team i.e. exhibition stand only is what is being referred to. Will have a check in the morning :cuppa:

That's what it looks like......
The quote posted earlier has been edited down -- The missing line is :
Make sure you come and get your sea vixen goodies at the fnht merchandise trailer!
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다