Travel Advice

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
fire3

Travel Advice

Post by fire3 »

Hi All

Looking for a bit of advice, we are staying just outside Bath (its the closest we could get!) Whats the best route into the Sunday show, google maps gives either the M4 - A419 or M4 - A419 - A433.

Kindest Regards Fire3

aviodromefriend

Re: Travel Advice

Post by aviodromefriend »

http://www.airtattoo.com/airshow/visiting/visitorinformation/travel and follow the instructions given by the police. Or get a train to Swindon and join the shuttle busses.
Last edited by aviodromefriend on Thu 29 Jun 2017, 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program

tankbuster

Post by tankbuster »

M4 to Swindon, then follow the signs
Trevor C
recent and not so recent pictures here https://trevorc28a.wixsite.com/trevspics

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

I wonder what the difference is traffic-wise between the Brown & the Blue routes ?
I know a number of people who've travelled from Wales or the Bristol/Bath area who bypassed the Brown route turn-off ( M4 J17 ) & driven the extra 20 miles or so to the Blue turn-off ( M4 J15 ) instead, simply because they perceived the Blue route to be easier to follow.
From Bath, it could be that the Brown route is a better option.
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

CJS

Post by CJS »

If you're north of Bath try this:

Head out of Bath up the A46 to j18 on the M4 then straight over and carry on the A46 following signs to Tetbury. Turn right off the 46 on to the A433. Through Tetbury and then follow signs to Cirencester. Then pick up the Brown/Blue route from there. I do this route and never meet any traffic til I've got passed Cirencester.

In theory the junction 17 route should be quicker but unless you're leaving at silly o'clock I think it's slower (I've tried both).

If you don't know bath and want any suggestions for sightseeing (if you've got any time for it!) feel free to pm me. I don't live there but near by and there are lots of great things to do :-)
Chris
Buy the sky and sell the sky and lift your arms up to the sky and ask the sky"

jaymer15

Post by jaymer15 »

The route CJS has suggested is the route I usually take. I aim to be in the Cirencester area by about 7:45 and there is very little traffic until you pass Cirencester. Once I've got to Cirencester I take the road that goes though Ampney Crucis which is the green route.

fire3

Post by fire3 »

Many thanks for the replies, really can't wait for the show now, Not my first RIAT but the first time with my other half and our 6 year old!