RIAT 2018 discussion

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
AARDVARK

Re: RIAT 2018 discussion

Post by AARDVARK »

WTF .......nothing from New Zealand ,what a slap in the face !!

Rossbeef

Post by Rossbeef »

A shame about Israel it was an amazing achievement to get them last year though.

AARDVARK

Post by AARDVARK »

I really have this horrible feeling this is turning into a dead duck compared to last year ,to be to be honest ,the updates today for me are meh !!
Sorry and I know I’ll get a torrent of abuse but Iam just being honest !!

Gripenjetphotos

Post by Gripenjetphotos »

AARDVARK wrote:I really have this horrible feeling this is turning into a dead duck compared to last year ,to be to be honest ,the updates today for me are meh !!

If it were June then yes I would be a little worried. I’m sure we’ll get some gooduns confirmed in the next few weeks. :smile:

Still a pretty strong flying lineup IMHO, and the static seems to be bulking up nice.
Instagram- https://www.instagram.com/gripen_jet_photos/

2019 shows:
Old Warden (Season Premiere)
RIAT (Thu, Sat, Mon)

AARDVARK

Post by AARDVARK »

Gripenjetphotos wrote:
AARDVARK wrote:I really have this horrible feeling this is turning into a dead duck compared to last year ,to be to be honest ,the updates today for me are meh !!

If it were June then yes I would be a little worried. I’m sure we’ll get some gooduns confirmed in the next few weeks. :smile:

I really hope so...

I just have this feeling it’s not going to live up to what it’s been billed to be !!

Gripenjetphotos

AARDVARK wrote:
Gripenjetphotos wrote:

I really hope so...

I just have this feeling it’s not going to live up to what it’s been billed to be !!

I’m honesty, I had no idea what to expect apart from a bit more RAF action. Glad I’ve got my Gripens though, I’m easily pleased when it comes to them! :love: :love:

2019 shows:
RIAT (Thu, Sat, Mon)

Airshowhammer

Post by Airshowhammer »

There goes any slight chance of seeing a Harrier! Unless the Italian navy, Indian navy or USN send one? I hope this year isn’t a anti climax. Just interested guys, in your eyes what would it take to beat last year?

Gripenjetphotos

Airshowhammer wrote:There goes any slight chance of seeing a Harrier! Unless the Italian navy, Indian navy or USN send one? I hope this year isn’t a anti climax. Just interested guys, what would it take to beat last year?

Some good weather! I don’t mind what there is aircraft-wise (Gripen excepted from this), just as long as the weather is good!

2019 shows:
RIAT (Thu, Sat, Mon)

edhunter

Post by edhunter »

what an awesome update really looking forward to seeing the whirlwind and the KC-390 from Embraer is a nice catch. well done dbh :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :clap: :clap: :worship: :worship:

lozza

Post by lozza »

100 years of RAF and nothing special just the usual, was hoping maybe a role demo with Typhoons, very poor. :wall: :wall: :wall:

parsley
UKAR Supporter

Post by parsley »

lozza wrote:100 years of RAF and nothing special just the usual, was hoping maybe a role demo with Typhoons, very poor. :wall: :wall: :wall:

Yes because RIAT always finalise what coming to the show by mid April :wall:

The Baron

Post by The Baron »

Airshowhammer wrote:...Just interested guys, in your eyes what would it take to beat last year?

Some support from countries that have a close link with the RAF, particularly the Commonwealth. New Zealand not attending is a bit of a kick in the balls for that although the Canadian support is terrific.
Personally I'd like to see Malta return (King Air demo maybe?), Malaysia and Singapore would be great and how about a South African Gripen with a DC-3TP in support? OK, more a wishlist than anything but it's what I would have thought as a remote possibility. So far, despite some nice updates there's no wow factor, for me at any rate.
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.

AARDVARK

Post by AARDVARK »

edhunter wrote:what an awesome update really looking forward to seeing the whirlwind and the KC-390 from Embraer is a nice catch. well done dbh :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :clap: :clap: :worship: :worship:

All I can say is ...easily pleased lol

AARDVARK

Post by AARDVARK »

Airshowhammer wrote:There goes any slight chance of seeing a Harrier! Unless the Italian navy, Indian navy or USN send one? I hope this year isn’t a anti climax. Just interested guys, in your eyes what would it take to beat last year?

Huge support from commonwealth airforces

Kiwis —— disgusting ..at least something !!
Aussies — poor ...larger contingent like we did in 2001!!
Indians ..something for all the bloody aid we give them!!
Israelis ..disappointing...considering we participated in their flypast today !!
RAF get you friggging finger out for Christ sake ,this is YOUR’E party after all...embarrassing!!

AARDVARK

Post by AARDVARK »

parsley wrote:
lozza wrote:100 years of RAF and nothing special just the usual, was hoping maybe a role demo with Typhoons, very poor. :wall: :wall: :wall:

Yes because RIAT always finalise what coming to the show by mid April :wall:

Ok let’s see if this rings true by July ...somehow I think you might be eating you’re words !!

Luke28

Post by Luke28 »

AARDVARK wrote:
Airshowhammer wrote:There goes any slight chance of seeing a Harrier! Unless the Italian navy, Indian navy or USN send one? I hope this year isn’t a anti climax. Just interested guys, in your eyes what would it take to beat last year?

Israelis ..disappointing...considering we participated in their flypast today !!
RAF get you friggging finger out for Christ sake ,this is YOUR’E party after all...embarrassing!!

you are coming across as a bit of a moron to be fair.

AARDVARK

Post by AARDVARK »

Luke28 wrote:
AARDVARK wrote:

you are coming across as a bit of a moron to be fair.

Not really...just being honest and saying what I think ...

So let’s have you’re take on this then??

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Airshowhammer wrote:...in your eyes what would it take to beat last year?

Lots of Phantoms...and Russians...and Phantoms...and any former WARPAC Countries still flying Soviet aircraft...and Phantoms.
Oh, and did I mention lots of Phantoms ?
:biggrin:
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

G-CVIX

Post by G-CVIX »

While the Canadian and KC-390 are both excellent additions, New Zealand not participating is a big shame. I do think we may find ourselves victims of overly raised expectations this year, and that's not intended as a dig at DBH at all.

AARDVARK

Post by AARDVARK »

Iam happy to be proven wrong ,believe me!!

I attend RIAT (FRIAT)every year so no detractor from the show !
I just had this feeling after last years event that this year would not live up to what it should ,maybe the USAF have more influence these days then the RAF ,they have more Aircraft that’s for sure !
I just feel the current MOD regime are not proud of the RAF and don’t see this opportunity to celebrate in style the history and pedigree of our Airforce,like they should ,I also feel in the last 25yrs the RAF influence over the world has diminished to such an extent that Air Arms don’t feel obliged to attend and celebrate the special occasion like they may have once before ..
I’ll be happy to be the first to say I was wrong come the end of July !!

AARDVARK

Post by AARDVARK »

Brevet Cable wrote:
Airshowhammer wrote:...in your eyes what would it take to beat last year?

Lots of Phantoms...and Russians...and Phantoms...and any former WARPAC Countries still flying Soviet aircraft...and Phantoms.
Oh, and did I mention lots of Phantoms ?
:biggrin:

Did you mention phantoms lol

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

AARDVARK wrote:Kiwis —— disgusting ..at least something !!
Indians ..something for all the aid we give them!!
RAF get youfinger out for Christ sake ,this is YOUR’E party after all...embarrassing!!

Kiwis -- Not much they could send, really....P-3, B757 & C-130 would be about it ( and rather you than me having to fly an Orion or Herky all that way )
Aussies -- Again, not a lot they can send, really ( and they're probably more concerned with events closer to home than sending aircraft thousands of miles just for one airshow )
India -- They haven't said they're not coming.
Israel -- I wouldn't expect them to attend again any time soon.
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

CJS

Post by CJS »

AARDVARK wrote:

Is this a joke?

It's your, by the way. Not you're, and certainly not your'e, which is not a word in any language I'm aware of.

Seriously, this is one of the most pointlessly vitriolic posts I think I have ever read on here, which to be honest is saying something.
"Forewarned is forearmed"
How do you know I didn't?

play it cool

Post by play it cool »

AARDVARK wrote:Huge support from commonwealth airforces

Talking of which, sInce when has Israel been in the Commonwealth?

PeterR

Post by PeterR »

AARDVARK wrote:Kiwis —— disgusting ..at least something !!

Only thing that's disgusting is your attitude. Your comments are some of the most obnoxious posted on this forum in a long time.