RIAT 2018 discussion

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
Rossbeef

Re: RIAT 2018 discussion

Post by Rossbeef »

The Baron wrote:
Kevyboy1979 wrote:
So that will be me right again!!!! Incase you don't know i am a fanatic when it comes to planes so please don't tell me what was there and what was not when I got the photos and mind to prove it...oh and the confirmed aircraft by dbh from last year shows 4 Atlas so guess i proved you wrong :biggrin:

Just like everyone else here...

Wait, i thought this was a train fanatic forum? :dunno:

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Tommy wrote:Heh. What an afternoon this place has had. All over a couple of A400s... :clap:

How about we all just cool down and take a break for a bit, eh? :cuppa:

Never mind.....'Judgement Day' in Cardiff tomorrow, that should take your mind off things ( and I bet there's no flypast, A400s or otherwise ) :lol:
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

DanH

Post by DanH »

Rossbeef wrote:
The Baron wrote:
Kevyboy1979 wrote:
So that will be me right again!!!! Incase you don't know i am a fanatic when it comes to planes so please don't tell me what was there and what was not when I got the photos and mind to prove it...oh and the confirmed aircraft by dbh from last year shows 4 Atlas so guess i proved you wrong :biggrin:

Wait, i thought this was a train fanatic forum? :dunno:

I was under the impression that you all shared my penchant for amusing clocks. :biggrin:
Always seeking to lower the tone...

https://danhphotography.picfair.com/

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Good few amusing clocks in this thread and all
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

AngryAndyPandy

Post by AngryAndyPandy »

Well that provided my evening's entertainment :lol: :snack: Upwards and onwards!

disgruntled

Post by disgruntled »

G-CVIX wrote:
Kevyboy1979 wrote:
disgruntled wrote:Right again? Other than being incredibly annoying you were also wrong about the Sycamore. Despite a Red Bull emblem on the nose it is still in RAF colours. Oh and it is RAF not R.A.F. as in Royal Air Force not Royal. Air. Force.

U r the annoying one picking faults with what people post everyone is entitled to their say as this is still a free country so I can say what the hell i like...Oh and u better stay away from me at RIAT otherwise there will be trouble u little git!!!.....Don't tell me u disgruntled now :yahoo:

What is wrong with you? Reported.

I have no words only pity. Your arrogance is outstanding and your grasp of reality is borderline.
How would you know if you met me at RIAT? What makes you think I’m a little anything let alone a git? What trouble would there be? I can only imagine you must be some kind of mixed martial arts champion who has an undying self belief.

By the way you are still wrong about the Sycamore...

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Just had to double-check the URL I typed in, as I thought I may have inadvertently logged onto the ARRSE forum by mistake.
:whistle:
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

Irishaernut

Post by Irishaernut »

:shock:

Ok calm down lads ,,, I have an idea.

You two can have a UKAR charity boxing match during a lull in the show “Jordanian falcons —cough”
In a special spelling and grammar themed tent.
The winner gets to be known forevermore as Mr.completely accurate and eternally right.

..........there were 4 A400m’s there last year :lol:

CJS

Post by CJS »

The Baron wrote:
Kevyboy1979 wrote:

Except of course that you're not right kevyboy because at no point last year were there "3 or 4 static ones and the civvy one for display" as you so inaccurately suggested. There were 3 static ones and the Airbus demonstrator for display. Seeing as how it's an evening for one upmanship and pendantary I just thought I had better point that out. ;-)
With just the slightest bit of finesse, I might have made a little less mess.

Airshowhammer

Post by Airshowhammer »

Was going to watch Rick Gervais and his new comedy sketch this evening but i’ve already had tonights dose of comedy reading through this. I thought i was annoying :dizzy: :grin:

Kevyboy1979

Post by Kevyboy1979 »

Yawn yawn yawn you lot still going on about this time to move on folks :tongue:

borismorris

Post by borismorris »

It's ironic that with all those Atlas' we've all still managed to lose our way...

:tumbleweed:

TijnvandeBeld

Post by TijnvandeBeld »

After today’s ‘friendly’ encounter between North and South Korea, how about a North Korean MiG-29? Just to show some goodwill... :grin: :surrender: :love:

aviodromefriend

Post by aviodromefriend »

TijnvandeBeld wrote:After today’s ‘friendly’ encounter between North and South Korea, how about a North Korean MiG-29? Just to show some goodwill... :grin: :surrender: :love:
There is always next year... (and probably in three or four months time (or earlier) there will be a wish list for that year's show too)
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program

jason82wells

Post by jason82wells »

Kevyboy1979 wrote:time to move on folks :tongue:

I'm sure it's only a matter of time before you're back :facepalm:

CJS

Post by CJS »

Oh let's hope so ;-)
With just the slightest bit of finesse, I might have made a little less mess.

mark_aviation

Post by mark_aviation »

From the RIAT email:

“Special Edition 2018 Souvenir Programme - Pre-order & Save £3!

Our 2018 Souvenir Programme will be a one-off special edition to mark 100 years of the Royal Air Force! Save 20% by pre-ordering your copy in advance for £12 (on the day price £15). This is the perfect memento to the international celebration of the RAF's 100th anniversary.

The special Centenary edition will have over 15 pages of new content. The two page flying display listing for each day will continue, along with a separate 'pull out' list. Find out more through the link below.”

Isn’t every year’s souvenir programme a ‘one-off’ :dunno:

Mr Benn

Post by Mr Benn »

Do you think there is any chance of any B2 bombers appearing again like last year ? Ive never seen one before.

Im planning to go on the Friday , mainly for the RAF 100 flyover. Wonder when they will announce what that is ?

Wouldn't you think they would announce all the best stuff first to get people to buy tickets as early as possible ?

Spotty_Jag

Post by Spotty_Jag »

Mr Benn wrote:Wouldn't you think they would announce all the best stuff first to get people to buy tickets as early as possible ?

They can't announce "the best stuff" until they've been told by the Air Arms what they're providing. :hypno:

play it cool

Post by play it cool »

Mr Benn wrote:Do you think there is any chance of any B2 bombers appearing again like last year ? I've never seen one before.

I'm planning to go on the Friday , mainly for the RAF 100 flyover. Wonder when they will announce what that is ?

Wouldn't you think they would announce all the best stuff first to get people to buy tickets as early as possible ?

I would say there is a chance, but only a slim one. Considering how rare a visitor they are to RIAT, to get them two years running is unlikely but I'd be happy to be proved wrong.

We don't know when they'll announce the RAF 100 fly past; given they're going to be predominantly operational aircraft, they may not know for certain until shortly before.

The criteria for display confirmations has been stated numerous times on here. I don't think they're worried about ticket sales this year.

Rossbeef

Post by Rossbeef »

Mr Benn wrote:Do you think there is any chance of any B2 bombers appearing again like last year ? I've never seen one before.

I'm planning to go on the Friday , mainly for the RAF 100 flyover. Wonder when they will announce what that is ?

Probably as much chance as a Luftwafffle A-400 attending :win:

Airshowhammer

Post by Airshowhammer »

Rossbeef wrote:

Luffwaffa, gosh get it right :grin: :wink:

Rossbeef

Post by Rossbeef »

Airshowhammer wrote:
Rossbeef wrote:

Luffwaffa, gosh get it right :grin: :wink:

As an airshow fanatic, i am 100% sure it is Luftwaffle. Check your records. :clown:

borismorris

Post by borismorris »

I wont believe its Luftwaffle until I see photogenic proof..

Let's move on people..Muffin to see here...

Stagger2

Post by Stagger2 »

Forget the 'Luftwaffe' crud. As we're Brexit committed tell it like it is, "Jairmunn !" :whistle: