RIAT 2018 discussion

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
Andyperkins

Re: RIAT 2018 discussion

Post by Andyperkins »

CJS wrote:
Andyperkins wrote:
alpha586 wrote:With the atl2 now down for the flying display does anybody else think it may be for a navy role demo with the rafales a bit like the royal navy demos with the falcon and hawks? Either way it's a great addition! :rock:

I think seeing the ATL2 and the Rafales together is certainly possible as they do a special formation flypast called 'Cocardes Marine' which they will be performing at Yeovilton.

The ATL2 had pulled out of Yeovilton so no, they won't.:-)

Your right the formation won’t include the ATL2 at Yeovilton but the Falcon 50M has replaced it.

Tmyers123

Post by Tmyers123 »

One aircraft that I would love to see one day on static (or flying :heyhey:) would be a French Navy E-2C. Very cool little aeroplane, with some nice paint jobs on the top of the rotodome.

Mr Benn

Post by Mr Benn »

Well guys, im really pleased that your happy with the latest announcements. Your like the season ticket holders, wheras im a once a season fan !.
Must admit the news didnt wow me as much. I guess i was hoping to see one of the big US bombers to flyover, or see one of the new lightenings versions that hovver.
But guess that aint gonna happen.
Still , its my first big show for about 10 years due to Anxiety issues , so looking forward to the Friday .

Kevyboy1979

Post by Kevyboy1979 »

Mr Benn wrote:Well guys, I'm really pleased that your happy with the latest announcements. Your like the season ticket holders, wheras I'm a once a season fan !.
Must admit the news didnt wow me as much. I guess i was hoping to see one of the big US bombers to flyover, or see one of the new lightenings versions that hovver.
But guess that aint gonna happen.
Still , its my first big show for about 10 years due to Anxiety issues , so looking forward to the Friday .

They F-35b should be there as says so on the website its just not been announced yet.

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Which website would that be?
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

Tmyers123

Post by Tmyers123 »

Brevet Cable wrote:Which website would that be?

Take a wild guess :lol:

Not sure if it’s still there, but they promised an F-35B display on the website a while back, and in a lot of adverts for RIAT.

AngryAndyPandy

Post by AngryAndyPandy »

Tmyers123 wrote:

Not sure if it’s still there, but they promised an F-35B display on the website a while back, and in a lot of adverts for RIAT.

Promised? I believe the word they used was *expected, (alongside the Red Arrows) which is different entirely but can be construed differently I suppose. To me, it seems they have reason to believe one will be there, but it's by no means confirmed nor promised.

*I could be wrong.

Airshowhammer

Post by Airshowhammer »

Tmyers123 wrote:

Do you not sleep? :dizzy:

Tmyers123

Post by Tmyers123 »

Airshowhammer wrote:
Tmyers123 wrote:

Do you not sleep? :dizzy:

:lmao: :lmao:
I woke up because I heard something, and just thought I’d check UKAR because I couldn’t sleep.

I got to sleep afterwards though if it gives you peace of mind. :wink:

TijnvandeBeld

Post by TijnvandeBeld »

Tmyers123 wrote:One aircraft that I would love to see one day on static (or flying :heyhey:) would be a French Navy E-2C. Very cool little aeroplane, with some nice paint jobs on the top of the rotodome.

High on my list as well, especially the one with the 2016 tigermeet scheme :love:

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

It was suggested that there would be an F-35B from the RAF, not sure why people have take one line in a press release as anything concrete though.
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

AARDVARK

Post by AARDVARK »

I wonder if we will have a Father’s Day announcement??

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

Wissam24 wrote:It was suggested that there would be an F-35B from the RAF, not sure why people have take one line in a press release as anything concrete though.

It wasn't a press release.
Up until recently the "Visiting the Show" area of the website clearly stated that there would be an appearance by RAF F-35B as one of the reasons to visit the event. That has now been removed but it was there for some considerable months.

MarkEstus

Post by MarkEstus »

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news ... ir-tattoo/

More than 300 Aircraft? What are we at now?
Admin of RAF Fairford/Brize Spotters - https://www.facebook.com/groups/332375753559900/

Airshowhammer

Post by Airshowhammer »

AARDVARK wrote:I wonder if we will have a Father’s Day announcement??

The way they’ve kept banging on about it to sell tickets, i hope so! :facepalm:

Adie1980

Post by Adie1980 »

boff180 wrote:
Wissam24 wrote:It was suggested that there would be an F-35B from the RAF, not sure why people have take one line in a press release as anything concrete though.

Up until recently the "Visiting the Show" area of the website clearly stated that there would be an appearance by RAF F-35B as one of the reasons to visit the event. That has now been removed but it was there for some considerable months.

As per Andy, I'm sure this was clearly stated as one of the first participants, but I can't now see anything on the RIAT website :dunno:
Attending Daks over Normandy (Duxford), Yeovilton Air Day 2019, RIAT 2019 & Bournemouth Air Festival 2019

cg_341

Post by cg_341 »

A bit like the 100 aircraft flypast that was going to be the same as the one down the Mall, then? :question:

AARDVARK

Post by AARDVARK »

I would be very surprised if we didn’t get some kind of appearance by an RAF F-35B,weather we get a full role demo like in 2016 is another matter as that consisted of bringing over a number of the test pilots from the U.S,and airframes for that matter,not sure if they(test pilots) will be available for RIAT or it will simply be flyby in the formation,we will wait and see!!

Tmyers123

Post by Tmyers123 »

AARDVARK wrote:I would be very surprised if we didn’t get some kind of appearance by an RAF F-35B,weather we get a full role demo like in 2016 is another matter as that consisted of bringing over a number of the test pilots from the U.S,and airframes for that matter,not sure if they(test pilots) will be available for RIAT or it will simply be flyby in the formation,we will wait and see!!

Only if the whether’s alright though. :tongue:

Kevyboy1979

Post by Kevyboy1979 »

MarkEstus wrote:http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/16295184.raf-centenary-takes-centre-stage-at-air-tattoo/

More than 300 Aircraft? What are we at now?

I think we are just over the 200 Aircraft at the moment but I could be wrong as I was just counting from the RIAT website......Does anyone know the exact numbers of aircraft confirmed so far?

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Adie1980 wrote:
boff180 wrote:

As per Andy, I'm sure this was clearly stated as one of the first participants, but I can't now see anything on the RIAT website :dunno:

Just had a quick search using the 'wayback machine' website..... https://web.archive.org/web/20171203040414/http://www.airtattoo.com:80/airshow/visiting
RAF100 at the Air Tattoo, a special one off event, is expected to include flying from the world famous Red Arrows and Britain's newest aircraft, the F-35B Lightning! Friday will be a day not to miss in 2018. This special, full show day, will include a mass RAF flypast, a Royal Review of aircraft plus a lot more!
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

Airshowhammer

Post by Airshowhammer »

Tmyers123 wrote:
AARDVARK wrote:I would be very surprised if we didn’t get some kind of appearance by an RAF F-35B,weather we get a full role demo like in 2016 is another matter as that consisted of bringing over a number of the test pilots from the U.S,and airframes for that matter,not sure if they(test pilots) will be available for RIAT or it will simply be flyby in the formation,we will wait and see!!

Not sure about that, but the weather will be a bonus!

Tmyers123

Post by Tmyers123 »

Airshowhammer wrote:
Tmyers123 wrote:

Re-read his post. Joke flew over your head. :smile:

Airshowhammer

Post by Airshowhammer »

Tmyers123 wrote:
Airshowhammer wrote:
Tmyers123 wrote:

Indeed it did. Will the Joke be at arrivals or flying all 3 days? :biggrin:

Tmyers123

Post by Tmyers123 »

Airshowhammer wrote:
Tmyers123 wrote:
Airshowhammer wrote:
Tmyers123 wrote:

Indeed it did. Will the Joke be at arrivals or flying all 3 days? :smile:

It cancelled.