RIAT 2018 discussion

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
Brevet Cable

Re: RIAT 2018 discussion

Post by Brevet Cable »

Maybe DBH are holding off on the announcement because they're trying to top Swansea Airshow's latest one.....the attempt on the world record for the biggest 3-legged race.

:biggrin:
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

st24

Post by st24 »

Brevet Cable wrote:Maybe DBH are holding off on the announcement because they're trying to top Swansea Airshow's latest one.....the attempt on the world record for the biggest 3-legged race.

Having seen the Swansea inhabitants a couple of times I'd imagine most competitors could do that on their own.... :smile:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

Tmyers123

Post by Tmyers123 »

Was a bit disappointed when I checked the confirmed aircraft list and there hadn’t been any update, but I hadn’t even realised it’s this close to RIAT. Can’t believe it’s just 3 weeks away!

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Kevyboy1979 wrote:
Wissam24 wrote:
clearstone wrote:Its not really an extra day of arrivals really as there are none (planned) on the Friday.

Well, it's one more day of arrivals than there were last year?

There were 3 arrival days last year, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday had arrivals...Reason arrivals is on Tuesday this year is cause the Friday is a full show day unlike last year when Friday was arrivals then then half day show.

Friday wasn't an arrivals day. This year they announced the Tuesday was due to anticipated high numbers. There have only been two arrivals days for the last few years, with other aircraft, in small numbers, happening to arrive on the Friday show day. The numbers certainly wouldn't warrant a day to themselves.

https://www.airtattoo.com/airshow/visit ... k-and-view

Tuesday is now a Park & View day as RAF100 at the Air Tattoo is expected to be a large event with Friday encompassing a full days flying (over 7 hours).
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

Tmyers123

Post by Tmyers123 »

https://twitter.com/pauloenglish79/stat ... 72322?s=21

Some people... makes Brevet look like a “happy clapper” :lol:

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Out of interest, regarding the stuff down for flying, are we likely to need different display programmes each day, or is it standard?
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

Tmyers123

Post by Tmyers123 »

Wissam24 wrote:Out of interest, regarding the stuff down for flying, are we likely to need different display programmes each day, or is it standard?

We’re on 4 or 5 displays more than last year, so maybe not too different.

Kevyboy1979

Post by Kevyboy1979 »

Wissam24 wrote:
Kevyboy1979 wrote:
Wissam24 wrote:
clearstone wrote:Its not really an extra day of arrivals really as there are none (planned) on the Friday.

Well, it's one more day of arrivals than there were last year?

There were 3 arrival days last year, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday had arrivals...Reason arrivals is on Tuesday this year is cause the Friday is a full show day unlike last year when Friday was arrivals then then half day show.

Friday wasn't an arrivals day. This year they announced the Tuesday was due to anticipated high numbers. There have only been two arrivals days for the last few years, with other aircraft, in small numbers, happening to arrive on the Friday show day. The numbers certainly wouldn't warrant a day to themselves.

https://www.airtattoo.com/airshow/visit ... k-and-view

Tuesday is now a Park & View day as RAF100 at the Air Tattoo is expected to be a large event with Friday encompassing a full days flying (over 7 hours).

Friday was so an arrivals day watch the dvd and it clearly says friday arrivals on it!!! And those planes that landed and went onto static on Friday I must have just imagined them when they arrived before the airshow started. Granted there was not many but there was still arrivals....go on prove me wrong.

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Did I say that there were no arrivals on the Friday?

Why are you so angry all the time?

Kevyboy1979

Post by Kevyboy1979 »

Wissam24 wrote:Did I say that there were no arrivals on the Friday?

Erm yeah when you said Friday was not an arrivals day when if planes arrived then it must have been.

Did I say I was angry?

Tmyers123

Post by Tmyers123 »

Kevyboy1979 wrote:

Erm yeah when you said Friday was not an arrivals day when if planes arrived then it must have been.

Did I say I was angry?

Friday having arrivals doesn’t mean it was an arrivals day.
Last edited by Tmyers123 on Thu 21 Jun 2018, 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cg_341

Post by cg_341 »

Kevyboy1979 wrote:

Did I say I was angry?

No but the way you write makes you come across like an absolute silly person with an axe to grind all of the time.

There's a world of difference between an arrivals day, and a show day on which aircraft arrive.

Kevyboy1979

Post by Kevyboy1979 »

If you bothered to read my post correctly at no point did I say it was a full arrivals day....I said it was half arrivals which it was and half the airshow...So if planes arrived on the Friday that year and its not arrivals what is it ? Just turn up day? No its not its arrivals...And if you still think I'm wrong then watch last year's dvd when it says Friday's arrivals when they arrive.

Tmyers123

Post by Tmyers123 »

Kevyboy1979 wrote:If you bothered to read my post correctly at no point did I say it was a full arrivals day....I said it was half arrivals which it was and half the airshow...So if planes arrived on the Friday that year and its not arrivals what is it ? Just turn up day? No its not its arrivals...And if you still think I'm wrong then watch last year's dvd when it says Friday's arrivals when they arrive.

:confused:

“Friday was so an arrivals day.” Sounds like you were saying it was an arrivals day to me. :grin: And you didn’t say it was half arrivals and half the airshow, read your post. But that’s besides the point, what Sam was trying to say is that there were arrivals on the Friday, but it was a shortened show day like every year, so there was time for aircraft arrivals.

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

Anyone still got the gun emoji handy? :grin:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

The Baron

Post by The Baron »

Kevyboy1979 wrote:If you bothered to read my post correctly at no point did I say it was a full arrivals day....I said it was half arrivals which it was and half the airshow...So if planes arrived on the Friday that year and its not arrivals what is it ? Just turn up day? No its not its arrivals...And if you still think I'm wrong then watch last year's dvd when it says Friday's arrivals when they arrive.

So when aircraft turned up at Cosford on the Sunday morning, was that an arrivals day too?
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.

Skyflash
UKAR Staff

Post by Skyflash »

Schrödinger's arrivals day... when something both is and isn't an arrivals day simultaneously.
Posting comments on an aviation-related chatroom, are ya? Looks like it an' all...

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

capercaillie wrote:Anyone still got the gun emoji handy? :grin:

Image or Image

Although it's more like Image or Image a lot of the time.

Could be enough to make some feel Image though

Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

Tuckat

Post by Tuckat »

Don't argue with Kevyboy, he's ex RAF Regiment and has been to over 100 airshows. If he says it is then it is, and if he says its not then it must be, and anyway its on the DVD so that must be an arrival :biggrin:
Blood, Tears and Folly

AngryAndyPandy

Post by AngryAndyPandy »

Come on everyone! Let's not let the lack of update today push us to this again... As much as it's funny! :lol: In 3 weeks time (roughly) no one will care what's been said in the build up! Roll on July! :yahoo: :yahoo:

Airshowhammer

Post by Airshowhammer »

I can't wait for Monday show day!

Adie1980

Post by Adie1980 »

Airshowhammer wrote:I can't wait for Monday show day!

Monday is also an arrivals day now, because the departing aircraft will arrive somewhere that day.....
Attending Daks over Normandy (Duxford), Yeovilton Air Day 2019, RIAT 2019 & Bournemouth Air Festival 2019

Aviation94

Post by Aviation94 »

And here we go again with another few pages of drivel based arguments...

Anyway like a previous post stated so what if there's no update today. No cancellations either :up:
Canon 650d, Sigma 70-300mm, Kenko 1.4 dgx mc4 tc

Youtube: http://ow.ly/zhAed

Berf

Post by Berf »

I guess the special announcement is too big for a normal update...

Costar1198

Post by Costar1198 »

Berf wrote:I guess the special announcement is too big for a normal update...

The only special announcement I know of is Bournemouth's, do correct me if I'm wrong however