RIAT 2018 wishlist

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
Airshowhammer

Re: RIAT 2018 wishlist

Post by Airshowhammer »

On a real note if our friends from across the pond send a Buff & Bone and DBH are able to get a Mig-29/Sukhoi in the flying it'd be easily the best show in modern times, how a couple of updates changes your perspective :biggrin:

Airshowhammer

Post by Airshowhammer »

Seeing as it was at Berlin (for business reasons i'm assuming?) the AN-225 (Farnborough could be on the cards?) i know it has no reason to be at RIAT but it is a wishlist :grin:

rdchawk

Post by rdchawk »

With Team 60 being confirmed flying at a Polish show, it would be nice to see them back at RIAT, especially as didn't think they were around anymore.
What do you call a horse that lives nextdoor?? - A Neigh-bour!
Whisky Connoisseur

MiG_Eater

Post by MiG_Eater »

Maybe i'm just hoping for a recreation of shows of old, but Team 60 would be a great addition!

CJS

Post by CJS »

Well that's one I had to look up, I'll admit that. :grin:
"There's only one way of life, and that's your own"

Havoc

Post by Havoc »

I'd sign away my kids inheritance if this year we got..

TBM 700 Role Demo
A4 Skyhawk
Su24m Fencer
K8 Karakoum
Egyptian C130e
TBM 700
Unbroken sunshine
Caterham cars
Wall of death
Luftwaffle Mig 29s
And/or
Skyship 600!

AMB

Post by AMB »

Wrexham Mackem wrote:
duffspeed wrote:How about an Mi-26? Has anybody seen one fly, even at MAKS?

It flew at Farnborough in 84, in Aeroflot colours. It appeared again at Farnborough, but I don't think it appeared in the flying display again after 84. That is to say, I didn't see it fly again after 84. As Gordon says, an absolute beast. Huge.

One flew at the Helitech Meet at Redhill in 1989.
Adrian

Havoc

Post by Havoc »

A serious addition I've just thought about guys...
Grumman EA6B Prowler...when did we last get one of THOSE on static?
OSD is 19th March '19.

Pretty please??

kylejay97

Post by kylejay97 »

bit late to the party, id love to see the US heavies even for a flypast much like last year, Spanish Harrier (I Live in Farnborough, would like to see it a bit more ;D ), Mig-29 of sorts, SU27 of course, other than that, ive got nothing wish list left!
I like planes I guess?

MiG_Eater

Post by MiG_Eater »

I just want some of the (semi) regular nations to send some of their rarer items!

Slovak Mig-29,
Polish Mig-29 / Su-22 pairs display,
Czech Hind
Turkish Stars / Phantoms
Jordanian *jets*!

duffspeed

Post by duffspeed »

A return of the Black Eagles would be lovely. :smile:

duffspeed

Post by duffspeed »

Wrexham Mackem wrote:
duffspeed wrote:How about an Mi-26? Has anybody seen one fly, even at MAKS?

It flew at Farnborough in 84, in Aeroflot colours. It appeared again at Farnborough, but I don't think it appeared in the flying display again after 84. That is to say, I didn't see it fly again after 84. As Gordon says, an absolute beast. Huge.

Really wish I'd been to more airshows in the 80's and 90's; I missed so much fantastic stuff back then.

Skyflash
UKAR Staff

Post by Skyflash »

duffspeed wrote:A return of the Black Eagles would be lovely. :smile:

Given the extraordinary effort involved in bringing them to the UK, and the fact that negotiations for it to happen had been ongoing since the 1980s, I'm fairly certain that that's something we will never see again.

I would be thrilled, naturally, to be proved wrong, but the logistics of that deployment were completely mental.
Posting comments on an aviation-related chatroom, are ya? Looks like it an' all...

Airshowhammer

Post by Airshowhammer »

Indian A-50 E/I please :love:

Airshowhammer

Post by Airshowhammer »

Posting in here as i don't want to spam the participation thread. The French KC-135. They look gorgeous in that Blue-Grey colour scheme they sport. I don't think ones ever been on static at RIAT?

harkins

Post by harkins »

I don't recall seeing one so it would be nice.

I'm still holding out hope for Greek F-4s but we're well past the time they announced them the last couple of years. Besides that I'd love it if the A-4 Skyhawk could make it after last years cancellation.

Gripenjetphotos

Post by Gripenjetphotos »

RSAF F-15SG would be nice to see, especially the one in 50th anniversary colours. :love:
I am impartial to a bit of jet noise.

Instagram- https://www.instagram.com/gripen_jet_photos/

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

Airshowhammer wrote:Posting in here as i don't want to spam the participation thread. The French KC-135. They look gorgeous in that Blue-Grey colour scheme they sport. I don't think ones ever been on static at RIAT?

Yes there has in 1995. :smile:
https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8918206
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/

harkins

Post by harkins »

I really wish for the weather in that photo!!

CJS

Post by CJS »

harkins wrote:Besides that I'd love it if the A-4 Skyhawk could make it after last years cancellation.

IIRC from last year, it's been pretty near the top of Tom (RiatAirOps)'s wishlist for a while too.
"There's only one way of life, and that's your own"

harkins

Post by harkins »

I really hope Tom's been on their case again then. Obviously though they're not big fans of air shows though, so it must be like drawing blood from a stone.

I've just seen that the Slovaks have confirmed Mig-29s for display and static at the Belgian air day in September and they were already down for a display at Radom. I appreciate they're sending a C-27 for static here but what've RIAT done to the Slovaks that we're missing out on what would be a real star item that everyone wants to see? I gather they cancelled the one for static last year too. As great as this years line up of fast jets is, it's still crying out for a Slovak Mig-29 or an Su-27 from Ukraine as they provide both a powerful and dynamic display complete with an amazing paint scheme that isn't a 'special'. There's always next year though, and we'll need to save something. At times I feel as if this is the last RIAT.

Gripenjetphotos

Post by Gripenjetphotos »

harkins wrote:I really hope Tom's been on their case again then. Obviously though they're not big fans of air shows though, so it must be like drawing blood from a stone.

I've just seen that the Slovaks have confirmed Mig-29s for display and static at the Belgian air day in September and they were already down for a display at Radom. I appreciate they're sending a C-27 for static here but what've RIAT done to the Slovaks that we're missing out on what would be a real star item that everyone wants to see? I gather they cancelled the one for static last year too. As great as this years line up of fast jets is, it's still crying out for a Slovak Mig-29 or an Su-27 from Ukraine as they provide both a powerful and dynamic display complete with an amazing paint scheme that isn't a 'special'. There's always next year though, and we'll need to save something. At times I feel as if this is the last RIAT.

2016 I believe was when we were due to have Slovak MiGs over. One was penned to fly,
and the other would have been in the static park. If Belgium’s just confirmed it, then we could potentially see it over this year as a later confirmation, although I’m clutching at straws.
Last edited by Gripenjetphotos on Wed 06 Jun 2018, 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am impartial to a bit of jet noise.

Instagram- https://www.instagram.com/gripen_jet_photos/

harkins

Post by harkins »

Guess it is still possible then but, the C-27 already being announced doesn't aid my optimism.

G67

Post by G67 »

Space booked at Farnborough for a Volga-Dnepr An-124. Their rates are available with a phone-call. Would look awesome amongst the C-17s and given how much work the 124s have done supporting NATO missions it would probably have more reason to be at RIAT than, say, BBMF...

rdchawk

Post by rdchawk »

G67 wrote:Space booked at Farnborough for a Volga-Dnepr An-124. Their rates are available with a phone-call. Would look awesome amongst the C-17s and given how much work the 124s have done supporting NATO missions it would probably have more reason to be at RIAT than, say, BBMF...

You're joking right?
What do you call a horse that lives nextdoor?? - A Neigh-bour!
Whisky Connoisseur