Update Today?

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
Eizo

Re: Update Today?

Post by Eizo »

Here you can see what the C-27 display looks like:

Airpower09

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAD2M3NB ... re=related

But a bit weird for me cutting down displays suitable for all other european airshows, with no safety issues or problems? :question:

TomG

Post by TomG »

G-CVIX wrote:
jetwash wrote:No rolls or quater clover though, just knife edge pass...

Breitling Jet Team - Aero Vodochody L-39C Albatros x 7 (F) (TBC - BJT Website Listing)

As pointed out earlier in the thread - they are confirmed on the RIAT website:

http://www.airtattoo.com/airshow/Aircraft/participation/Civilians/Visitors

G-CVIX

Post by G-CVIX »

TomG wrote:
G-CVIX wrote:
jetwash wrote:No rolls or quater clover though, just knife edge pass...

Breitling Jet Team - Aero Vodochody L-39C Albatros x 7 (F) (TBC - BJT Website Listing)

As pointed out earlier in the thread - they are confirmed on the RIAT website:

http://www.airtattoo.com/airshow/Aircraft/participation/Civilians/Visitors

Ah, apologies, i nicked it all from flightline. :grin:

tomw94

Post by tomw94 »

Any reason for no B1 and is this the final listing. Also i read somewhere else on the forum that, the U.S said that flypasts were the plan fot the B1.

Danny

Post by Danny »

No F-86 this year? That's a shame :sad: .

On the bright side we got quite a few display teams.

Red Arrows
Frecce Tricolori
Breitling Jet Team
PC-7 Team
Royal Jordanian Falcons
Black Cats
Blue Eagles
Team Guinot
Black Sea Hawks
"Can you believe it? Chelsea will just not let go in the Champions League!"

banksy

Post by banksy »

tomw94 wrote:Any reason for no B1 and is this the final listing. Also i read somewhere else on the forum that, the U.S said that flypasts were the plan fot the B1.

It's also been mentioned that there will be no flying B1 at this year's display, so I've given up hope for seeing it this year sadly, as that's my main reason for attending the show really.

If there is a flypast then that will be something at least, but I doubt it will happen - the take off is one of the highlights in my opinion.

The last update I believe is proposed for next Friday so everything is crossed for a miracle to appear on the flying list!
Chester FC Fan Engagement Director
Twitter: @banks247

tomw94

Post by tomw94 »

I hope.

vulcan57

Post by vulcan57 »

banksy wrote:The last update I believe is proposed for next Friday so everything is crossed for a miracle to appear on the flying list!

I reckon we've seen the last update. They said that there would be one more update around the 10th but that date could change. Shame about the lack of a B1 flying aswell as a good few others, but still a show well worth the money IMO.

Oldtower

Post by Oldtower »

Do the Italians still have a solo Tornado IDS display (from the experimental unit as seemed to remember one flying at RIAT some years ago??) as that would have been alittle different in the light of no Tornado solos as such anymore.

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

rdchawk wrote:Quick question, The C-27 Spartan display, will it be allowed to do its roles and loops at fairford as it did at Zeltweg, I only ask as the G222 did it then it got banned form doing it.

Am i right and will it affect the display???

They stopped both the G222 and Avanti from rolling in their displays in 1994, but subsequently the G222 was allowed to roll regularly, I wouldn't think it will be a problem. How they'll view they quarter clover :shock: I'm not quite so sure :grin:

Superb display though :biggrin:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/

Chef_uk

Post by Chef_uk »

No F15 display this year? Or am i missing it in the listing?

Russ

Post by Russ »

You are correct no F-15 demo this year. C-17 instead.

AJL146

Post by AJL146 »

Does anyone know if there will be a C-5 Galaxy there this year? I only ask because there's one listed on flightline, but not on the official air tattoo website.

Russ

Post by Russ »

AJL146 wrote:Does anyone know if there will be a C-5 Galaxy there this year? I only ask because there's one listed on flightline, but not on the official air tattoo website.

There was one confirmed a few months back, sadly it's since been removed from the official RIAT list, so presumably bad news.

tomw94

Post by tomw94 »

It was never down as a cancilation it just disapered, so its hard to tell

AJL146

Post by AJL146 »

Russ wrote:There was one confirmed a few months back, sadly it's since been removed from the official RIAT list, so presumably bad news.

Cheers for that. It's not listed under cancellations so there's a bit of ambiguity there, as it's missing from the RIAT site. I've got my fingers crossed anyway as I'm taking a couple of friends who have never been to such a large airshow before and such a large aircraft would be very impressive for any newbies. I always think a C-5 or An-124 is a star static attraction, especially as they usually let the crowds walk through them, and the fact they dominate the skyline gives some perspective to the show.

A40-BP

Post by A40-BP »

I always think a C-5 or An-124 is a star static attraction, especially as they usually let the crowds walk through them, and the fact they dominate the skyline gives some perspective to the show.

Ill second that! Remember the AN70 and i think An 124 back in 1998? And the first thing you see when approaching RIAT is that tail of the C-5, even though the C-17's is taller!
With dumb bombs and retarded bomblets, why don't they just use stupid missiles?

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

A40-BP wrote:Ill second that! Remember the AN70 back in 1998? !

Bet you don't :wink: :whistle:

A40-BP

Post by A40-BP »

1999 then!?

Manonthefence

Post by Manonthefence »

No An70 has ever visited the UK

Wes_Howes

Post by Wes_Howes »

Perhaps you are thinking AN-72/4 Coaler, I vividly remember seeing one display somewhere (can't remember where though :grin: )

Edit - Quick google - RIAT '98. Lots of wing-overs, reminded me of the G-222 display

A40-BP

Post by A40-BP »

Im sure it was there, i remember looking at the contrarotating props and thinking wow! Im sure thats what it was. Definatley not the An72 i remember that well also!

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

A40-BP wrote:Im sure it was there, i remember looking at the contrarotating props and thinking wow! Im sure thats what it was. Definatley not the An72 i remember that well also!

Your eyesight must be as good as your avatar then! :grin:

Lomcevak26

Post by Lomcevak26 »

capercaillie wrote:
rdchawk wrote:Quick question, The C-27 Spartan display, will it be allowed to do its roles and loops at fairford as it did at Zeltweg, I only ask as the G222 did it then it got banned form doing it.

Am i right and will it affect the display???

They stopped both the G222 and Avanti from rolling in their displays in 1994, but subsequently the G222 was allowed to roll regularly, I wouldn't think it will be a problem. How they'll view they quarter clover :shock: I'm not quite so sure :grin:

Superb display though :biggrin:

I never fully understood the 1994 stance on it - the Avanti wasn't permitted to go inverted, but (as per video footage - I wasn't there!), they did allow a kind of tailslide/pushover-thing?! Re. G222, seem to remember it was restricted in 2002 as well (after flying a barrel roll and two under-rolling derry turns at Gilze Rijen two weeks earlier...).

A40-BP

Post by A40-BP »

I was 11 at then time mind! I do distcitly remember it being there, but i cannot find any evidence to back it up so im handing in the towel! Was there a model of it there or something!

And as my eyesight is dissapearing rapidly i would appriciate a little lack of jokes on that front!