RIAT 2019

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Re: RIAT 2019

Post by Wissam24 »

Looking forward to getting the early morning P&V West reactions....

I hope you all brought your long lenses
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

Habu

Post by Habu »

I was thinking about the 'Reads with a bigger plane flypast' way back in this thread (not the BOAC 747 thing) , then I was wondering where the Beluga XLs might be come sunday .

Unknown74

Post by Unknown74 »

A.380 perhaps? You lucky people who are going.

mark_aviation

Post by mark_aviation »

If it was something this the Beluga XL or A380, then why keep it a secret? They’d sell more tickets by announcing it and it’s not like it’s ‘sensitive’ information or anything... IF another flypast happens on Sunday I’ll put money on it being the B-2 again, or a U-2.

Habu

Post by Habu »

mark_aviation wrote:If it was something this the Beluga XL or A380, then why keep it a secret? They’d sell more tickets by announcing it and it’s not like it’s ‘sensitive’ information or anything... IF another flypast happens on Sunday I’ll put money on it being the B-2 again, or a U-2.

I wasn't really thinking about it from the secrecy / unannounced perspective but more from the funny ' bigger aircraft ' terminology , making me think that since all of the aircraft the Reds have formated with have been bigger , then this would be something really big .In addition this would be the first chance to showcase the XL at RIAT and it's their 50th . Anyway a bit wishful thinking and my post has one foot in the wishlist thread I suppose.
Nice to have a bit of an unknown just beforehand.
Leaving London super early tomorrow.

Have a good show .

IP1960

Post by IP1960 »

Wissam24 wrote:Looking forward to getting the early morning P&V West reactions....

Have changes been made?

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

IP1960 wrote:
Wissam24 wrote:Looking forward to getting the early morning P&V West reactions....

Have changes been made?

The fence looks to have been moved a good 20m+ back from where it was 2 years ago.
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

IP1960

Post by IP1960 »

Wissam24 wrote:
IP1960 wrote:

Have changes been made?

The fence looks to have been moved a good 20m+ back from where it was 2 years ago.

Oh dear. Thanks for the heads up.

harkins

Post by harkins »

No way! Why? It was perfect last year but I wonder if the Mirage 2000 incident has meant it’s been shoved back. It’s getting ridiculous now. A 600mm on a crop is the bare minimum needed these days at air shows. Why do they hate enthusiasts so much? (apart from our money, they love that!!)

captainfurious

Post by captainfurious »

Mirage 2000 incident?

Albion143

Post by Albion143 »

A few snowflakes got blown off their ladders when one had a play with his throttles, apparently some insurance claims were made and now we all suffer the consequences!!!

play it cool

Post by play it cool »

Last year at P&V West it was apparent that the space had been altered, I was told to accommodate more punters.

IATthenRIAT

Post by IATthenRIAT »

B52 might be on its way, one is heading north east on ADS-B at the moment -

AE588C is its hex code.

Airshowhammer

Post by Airshowhammer »

Albion143 wrote:A few snowflakes got blown off their ladders when one had a play with his throttles, apparently some insurance claims were made and now we all suffer the consequences!!!

Some so called 'spotters'.

G-CVIX

Post by G-CVIX »

Albion143 wrote:A few snowflakes got blown off their ladders when one had a play with his throttles, apparently some insurance claims were made and now we all suffer the consequences!!!

Someone always has to accuse others of being "snowflakes".

That one word is altogether more irritating than the millennial trends it supposedly mocks.

Anyway, the queue in East is madness. How early do people get here? Last night?

A later start for me tomorrow, I don't think it's worth getting here early.

I know it's not nice to be crammed in by barriers, but perhaps that would be better than allowing the same faces to stroll to the front of the queue each year.
Last edited by G-CVIX on Wed 17 Jul 2019, 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

FlankerPhoto

Post by FlankerPhoto »

Some lovely movements today!

mark_aviation

Post by mark_aviation »

Some interesting points from the sheet of lies: No Turkish Phantoms, MiG, or Sukhoi arriving today, and it would appear the USAF F-16’s are coming from Shaw AFB.

rdchawk

Post by rdchawk »

FlankerPhoto wrote:Some lovely movements today!

Which are???
Did you hear about the dyslexic pimp? He bought a ware house!
Proud member of the Silverstone Marshalling Team

iainpeden

Post by iainpeden »

That is down right offensive. A good friend of mine who is into his 60s suffered bad cuts and bruises having been blown off his ladder; he also had a prime Canon lens smashed.
He is a well known spotter and model maker, so committed he is always one of the first to renew his FRIAT membership for the following year. He has been spotting for 50 years plus, is a well respected radar techie who has served with the RAF and is involved in maritime radar trials with the Royal Navy. He is also one of the UK experts on Phantoms.

He ain't no "snowflake!"
(Mark Twain: There are lies, there are damn lies and then there are statistics)

FlankerPhoto

Post by FlankerPhoto »

rdchawk wrote:

Which are???

Spanish AV-8s, 20th FW F-16s, Italian Helis.

Luke28

Post by Luke28 »

Majority of the highlights are tomorrow.

FlankerPhoto

Post by FlankerPhoto »

Indeed, tomorrow looking like a busy day.

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

iainpeden wrote:

That is down right offensive. A good friend of mine who is into his 60s suffered bad cuts and bruises having been blown off his ladder; he also had a prime Canon lens smashed.
He is a well known spotter and model maker, so committed he is always one of the first to renew his FRIAT membership for the following year. He has been spotting for 50 years plus, is a well respected radar techie who has served with the RAF and is involved in maritime radar trials with the Royal Navy. He is also one of the UK experts on Phantoms.

He ain't no "snowflake!"

And for all of that, he's the one getting punished for it along with all of the enthusiasts who had absolutely nothing to do with the decision to move the barriers forward last year and nothing to do with the French deciding to point their engines straight at the crowd and throttle up.

Offensive indeed.

iainpeden

Post by iainpeden »

Wissam24 wrote:
iainpeden wrote:

He ain't no "snowflake!"

And for all of that, he's the one getting punished for it along with all of the enthusiasts who had absolutely nothing to do with the decision to move the barriers forward last year and nothing to do with the French deciding to point their engines straight at the crowd and throttle up.

Offensive indeed.

On the other hand it does give us something else to blame on the French. :smile:
(Mark Twain: There are lies, there are damn lies and then there are statistics)

iaint
UKAR Staff

Post by iaint »

FlankerPhoto wrote:
rdchawk wrote:

Which are???

Spanish AV-8s, 20th FW F-16s, Italian Helis.

Been informed it’s only 52FW F-16s.... 20FW crew
http://www.flickr.com/photos/iainthomson84/

End of Message, End of Broadcast