RIAT 2019

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
Airshowhammer

Re: RIAT 2019

Post by Airshowhammer »

We've had a crap morning, at least try and allocate it a slot at the end of the display :wall: :mad:

BossMann

Post by BossMann »

Is there an online livestream for RIAT's radio station 'Air Tattoo Live'?

mark_aviation

Post by mark_aviation »

Chinook commentary full of life...

Airshowhammer

Post by Airshowhammer »

Got a bitter taste in mouth.

JJC

Post by JJC »

Are the Spanish and Romanians selling? If so, where abouts are their stalls?
''Time to dive into the fireworks!''

FlyingFairy

Post by FlyingFairy »

bobby 1211 wrote:
G-CVIX wrote:Still missing Orion and Xingu, among others. Sadly no Meteor due today.

The Harrier flew so that's more than I was expecting today tbh!

xingu landed at 08.15. Hunter and meteor are going to be cancelled.

The Xingu has NOT landed, it is still tech, expected this afternoon. The aircraft that landed at 0815 was TBM700 125/XO.

The Orion is still expected

FF

captainfurious

Post by captainfurious »

If I hear about the Tempest one more time....

Airshowhammer

Post by Airshowhammer »

This is the worst airshow experience i've had in a long time. Hoping it improves.

Edit* thank god to commentary has shut up!

bobby 1211

Post by bobby 1211 »

FlyingFairy wrote:
bobby 1211 wrote:
G-CVIX wrote:Still missing Orion and Xingu, among others. Sadly no Meteor due today.

The Harrier flew so that's more than I was expecting today tbh!

xingu landed at 08.15. Hunter and meteor are going to be cancelled.

The Xingu has NOT landed, it is still tech, expected this afternoon. The aircraft that landed at 0815 was TBM700 125/XO.

The Orion is still expected

FF

yes i just came back to correct myself. The army air coprs apaches and RNAF Cougar all coming over now

Airshowhammer

Post by Airshowhammer »

The Czech Gripen displayed in worst conditions than this in 2017

'The weather is awful, but hopefully the Tucano will get airbourne.' Woo.

JJC

Post by JJC »

How come the NATO E-3 can get airborne for a flypast but the fighters can’t get up for flypasts or their own...? :tumbleweed:

Bloody disappointing.

Airshowhammer

Post by Airshowhammer »

They need to re-allocate the Mig otherwise all we've got to look forward to is the Red Arrows as its already been announced that PDF won't be their display if the weather stays as it is.
Last edited by Airshowhammer on Fri 19 Jul 2019, 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Big Eric

Post by Big Eric »

As long as you're all having a wonderful time, that's the main thing. :grin:

CJS

Post by CJS »

Airshowhammer wrote:The Czech Gripen displayed in worst conditions than this in 2017

'The weather is awful, but hopefully the Tucano will get airbourne.' Woo.

To be fair to DBH (and I appreciate that I'm not there, but have been there on very wet show days in the past) they will be doing what they can to get what they can in the air. But each aircrew will have parameters within which they can display / take off / taxy, and I guess that outside of those there's not really anything they can do but sit it out.

Equally I am sure that DBH will be looking at the situation and making decisions as to what if anything can be moved around. Even the most flexible punter would rather see a MiG21 over say a Tucano, but if the choice is the Tucano or nothing, what do you expect them to do? :dunno:

I've been super critical of DBH this year, but weather like this will be as gutting for them as it is for anyone else in attendance, and there really isn't much they can do about it.
Buy the sky and sell the sky and lift your arms up to the sky and ask the sky"

Peter345

Post by Peter345 »

So the tucano can't display but gets offered a circuit to land so the paying punters can see something fly. Makes you wonder why on earth the mig couldn't be offered the same!?

T6NL

Post by T6NL »

It could be worse........ just imagine having Caterhams burning rubber in the background for 6 hours :lol:

JJC

Post by JJC »

Tucano off for a circuit and landing.

What prevents the other flyers doing this?

mark_aviation

Post by mark_aviation »

So today’s flying display has been 1x Harrier, Chinook and 1 Tucano circuit. From now until 4 we might get E-3A flypast, Tutor, Reds/ PdF flypast, Reds Display and F-35B flypast.

I know it’s all due to weather and out of their control, but that’s really going to bite them in the back charging full price for the Friday display...

vbombers2

Post by vbombers2 »

Viper cancelled.

Airshowhammer

Post by Airshowhammer »

So now loads of punters will miss the F16 Viper because they've decided to put it on at the start on Sunday :mad:

Sorry for ranting people, BPD aint a friend sometimes especially when things don't go as planned :grin:

JJC

Post by JJC »

mark_aviation wrote:So today’s flying display has been 1x Harrier, Chinook and 1 Tucano circuit. From now until 4 we might get E-3A flypast, Tutor, Reds/ PdF flypast, Reds Display and F-35B flypast.

I know it’s all due to weather and out of their control, but that’s really going to bite them in the back charging full price for the Friday display...

Can’t understand why if they can get the E-3 up for a flypast on its own, that the other participants can’t do the same? Certainly those also based out of Fairford.

Mr Benn

Post by Mr Benn »

If the pa announcer keeps saying how great the planes will be tomorow..im gonna find him and sticj my broken umbrella up him

Rossbeef

Post by Rossbeef »

AH, please give it a rest. We understand you are disappointed but it is getting irritating seeing you post the same stuff over and over again.

Hope the weather improves for you, have a good day.

CJS

Post by CJS »

mark_aviation wrote:So today’s flying display has been 1x Harrier, Chinook and 1 Tucano circuit. From now until 4 we might get E-3A flypast, Tutor, Reds/ PdF flypast, Reds Display and F-35B flypast.

It arguably would have done anyway, but yes this won't exactly help.
Buy the sky and sell the sky and lift your arms up to the sky and ask the sky"

jules48

Post by jules48 »

Ask for a refund and see what they say.Its not there fault the weather is crap but it was forecast at least a week ago so no surprises really.
Pilots know what their aircraft is capable of doing and if they decide the weather is too bad there is nothing that can be done about it.
The one good thing is the weather looks better for the rest of the weekend and next week so hopefully they will get all the displays up at some point.
For families that come for Saturday or Sunday only they will wonder what all the fuss is about and will leave once the Red Arrows have displayed because thats all they want to see.