RIAT 2019

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
edhunter

Re: RIAT 2019

Post by edhunter »

someone on the nutters group has posted on there group page that he has confirmation of the participation of the midnight hawks, is anyone able to confirm such rumour?

mark_aviation

Post by mark_aviation »

Wow, just wow...

Sunday Flypast announced from the latest RIAT email:

The 50-year anniversary of Airbus will be celebrated on Sunday 21 July at the Air Tattoo with a special flypast from their A400M tactical transporter accompanied by the Blades Aerobatic team!

The European aerospace giant, which employs 13,500 people across sites in the UK, begins a year of celebrating five decades of aircraft design and manufacture.

This unique and never-before seen formation of an Airbus A400M and four Extra 300 aircraft (eight spinning propellers in total!) will feature in the full-length flying display on Sunday 21 July; alongside highlights like the Mig-21 LanceR, Su-27 Flanker and the final UK performance this summer from the Red Arrows!

An Air Tattoo spokesperson said, "This is a great opportunity to see the a new and unique formation for tens of thousands of people at the Air Tattoo. Both the Blades and Airbus pilots are used to precision flying and are really looking forward to bringing something new to the show!"
Last edited by mark_aviation on Fri 12 Jul 2019, 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peter345

Post by Peter345 »

Well, the flypast is finally announced...

A400M with the Blades.

Wow.

rockfordstone

Post by rockfordstone »

mark_aviation wrote:Wow, just wow...

The 50-year anniversary of Airbus will be celebrated on Sunday 21 July at the Air Tattoo with a special flypast from their A400M tactical transporter accompanied by the Blades Aerobatic team!

The European aerospace giant, which employs 13,500 people across sites in the UK, begins a year of celebrating five decades of aircraft design and manufacture.

This unique and never-before seen formation of an Airbus A400M and four Extra 300 aircraft (eight spinning propellers in total!) will feature in the full-length flying display on Sunday 21 July; alongside highlights like the Mig-21 LanceR, Su-27 Flanker and the final UK performance this summer from the Red Arrows!

An Air Tattoo spokesperson said, "This is a great opportunity to see the a new and unique formation for tens of thousands of people at the Air Tattoo. Both the Blades and Airbus pilots are used to precision flying and are really looking forward to bringing something new to the show!"

see now, the sunday folks have got their flypast. where else would you get to the see the A400 and Blades!

Peter345

Post by Peter345 »

Count them up, eight spinning propellers!!!

JJC

Post by JJC »

edhunter wrote:someone on the nutters group has posted on there group page that he has confirmation of the participation of the midnight hawks, is anyone able to confirm such rumour?

Nope
https://ilmavoimat.fi/article/-/asset_p ... salla-2019
''Time to dive into the fireworks!''

jason82wells

Post by jason82wells »

Oh dear. All that waiting, for nothing. Very disappointing.

JJC

Post by JJC »

What a p*ss poor addition.

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Haha
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

adam2628

Post by adam2628 »

wow. :dunno: I've never seen 8 spinning propellers all at once before :roll:

rdchawk

Post by rdchawk »

Something unique and still not happy, really, DBH can't do anything right can they??
What do you call a horse that lives nextdoor?? - A Neigh-bour!
Whisky Connoisseur

st24

Post by st24 »

And I thought I was being short changed on the Friday!!! :lol: :lmao: :lmao: :lol:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

Flare Path

Post by Flare Path »

Not good for RIAT.

mavvymoo

Post by mavvymoo »

Whilst it does say flypast, it does conjure images of the A400M keeping formation during the Blades' own display....... :yahoo:
Famed for appearing to put my foot in it, read my post with the voice of Stewie Griffin if it offended you first time

The Baron

Post by The Baron »

:tumbleweed: :tumbleweed: :tumbleweed:
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.

harkins

Post by harkins »

Wow, I wonder what they tried for before being left with that option. Unique or not, nobody has ever thought to themselves “you know what I’d really love to see at the Air Tattoo? The Blades and Airbuses Atlas”.

adam2628

Post by adam2628 »

rdchawk wrote:Something unique and still not happy, really, DBH can't do anything right can they??

To me, it's not so much what it is, it's how it's announced.

That's pretty puerile isn't it. It almost seems patronising. Maybe it's just me. :dunno:

JJC

Post by JJC »

What connection have The Blades got to Airbus?

Smacks of desperation for something, anything on Sunday.

‘’What items have we got in the flying that are willing to form up together? No it doesn’t matter if it’s a random pairing just do it.’’
Last edited by JJC on Fri 12 Jul 2019, 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mark_aviation

Post by mark_aviation »

Let’s celebrate 50 years of Airbus with a flypast where 4 out of 5 of the participants aren’t Airbus aircraft...

rdchawk

Post by rdchawk »

Do have to admit the "(eight spinning propellers in total!)" bit really is not great on RIAT's marketing front.
Whisky Connoisseur

rockfordstone

Post by rockfordstone »

harkins wrote:Wow, I wonder what they tried for before being left with that option. Unique or not, nobody has ever thought to themselves “you know what I’d really love to see at the Air Tattoo? The Blades and Airbuses Atlas”.

it does feel like a failure to get something else. especially given the A400 and Blades will likely have flown or will fly at another point during the day.

kylejay97

Post by kylejay97 »

imagine having an entire plethora of aircraft to choose from to do a flypast, and you get this as the final result.

I'll toilet break that one i'm afraid, what a let down imo.
I like planes I guess?

rdchawk

Post by rdchawk »

I'm sure there are probably reasons, but why not Frecce Tricolori with the RSV elements flypast.
Whisky Connoisseur

Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Post by Wrexham Mackem »

Groan. A400M and the Blades, having no connection to one another that I'm aware of, are going to fly past in formation, just for the sake of. What a waste of time. :down:

I was very much hoping that Airbus were going to do something meaningful for the show to mark their fiftieth. This was the last thing that sprung to mind.

rdchawk

Post by rdchawk »

Wrexham Mackem wrote:Groan. A400M and the Blades, having no connection to one another that I'm aware of, are going to fly past in formation, just for the sake of. What a waste of time. :down:

That was going to be my other question, Why the Blades?
Whisky Connoisseur