RIAT 2019

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
jason82wells

Re: RIAT 2019

Post by jason82wells »

Flare Path wrote:Fantastic news. It can't all be doom and gloom, when there's no reason why - a stunning update and plenty of praise required. :up:

Indeed - praise is required to secure this. As mentioned the other day, I was starting to get concerned that it hadn't been confirmed. DBH must have read it :tongue2:

Inclusion of the Spartan is great too - be nice to see a few of them lined up again on the static park.

G-CVIX

Post by G-CVIX »

Fingers crossed they make it. Certainly no complaints about that, even from me.

Now, let's have that A-4 and I'll be more than happy.

While not relevent, Paris has the Pakistani JF-17 and Japanese participation. Similar at RIAT would be great additions.

mark_aviation

Post by mark_aviation »

Following up on an earlier post on here; The USN Superbugs will be based at Leeming for 2 weeks from 11th July, so they should still be here during RIAT.

aviodromefriend

Post by aviodromefriend »

CJS wrote:Any word on which days it'll be flying :whistle:
The day(s) before they blow the fuel system (if somebody remembers departures 2001).
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program

Abbo46

Post by Abbo46 »

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RIATairtraffic/status/1137769343650095104[/tweet]

bobby 1211

Post by bobby 1211 »

Unfortunately adding to the negative news it turns out most of the polish air force f-16's are having problems. Most jets are stored in hangars and are being used as spare parts due to the lack of engineers and mechanics to fix small defects. We will be lucky to see any flying participation from the Polish this year.

CJS

Post by CJS »

Someone remind me... If tomorrow is the longest day, does that mean DBH have the flying programme full, even if we don't know about certain items yet?
With just the slightest bit of finesse, I might have made a little less mess.

sopwithflyer

Post by sopwithflyer »

CJS wrote:Someone remind me... If tomorrow is the longest day, does that mean DBH have the flying programme full, even if we don't know about certain items yet?

No! But enough of an idea is known to plan a schedule which cannot be left until the last minute.

bobby 1211

Post by bobby 1211 »

sopwithflyer wrote:
CJS wrote:Someone remind me... If tomorrow is the longest day, does that mean DBH have the flying programme full, even if we don't know about certain items yet?

No! But enough of an idea is known to plan a schedule which cannot be left until the last minute.

Saturday might be full already. If you compere to Saturday last year there is only about 30 minutes to be taken up which could have been filled with something unannounced likely from France and maybe solo turk.

aviodromefriend

Post by aviodromefriend »

bobby 1211 wrote:
sopwithflyer wrote:

Saturday might be full already. If you compere to Saturday last year there is only about 30 minutes to be taken up which could have been filled with something unannounced likely from France and maybe solo turk.
So that is the PdF that needs 30 minutes. I thought Solo Turk was clear on social media very early that they would not come to RIAT this year?
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program

bobby 1211

Post by bobby 1211 »

aviodromefriend wrote:
bobby 1211 wrote:
sopwithflyer wrote:

So that is the PdF that needs 30 minutes. I thought Solo Turk was clear on social media very early that they would not come to RIAT this year?

the PdF have been already counted in. This leaves 30 minutes for something else but it seems that DBH already know and are planning slots or they are doing a practice. Theres a few options left like rafale pair, solo turk ( highly doubtful due to political situation), polish navy teams or the black cats. We can only guess what will fill up the slots, i just hope it wont be another display team.

Also it looks like the RIAT air ops twitter has been removed. :whistle:

Gonzo230

Post by Gonzo230 »

Folks, I think some of you are getting into Kremlinology here.

The Longest Day is more about trying to work out Arrival slots, static parking positions and validation/rehearsal slots.

Adraruro

Post by Adraruro »

According to thisisflight, BOAC 747 will perform a flypast during the Air Tattoo in celebration of their 100th year.

mark_aviation

Post by mark_aviation »

Adraruro wrote:According to thisisflight, BOAC 747 will perform a flypast during the Air Tattoo in celebration of their 100th year.

Here’s a link to the Facebook post: https://www.facebook.com/57919982543182 ... 18&sfns=mo

...it’s Saturday only again... :hide:

And link to article for those not on FB: http://thisisflight.net/airshow-guides/ ... raft-list/

And another link with quotes from Andy Armstrong: http://www.air-shows.org.uk/2019/06/air ... -heritage/

Chris G

Post by Chris G »

Amazing news, was hoping for something like this to happen!

MiG_Eater

Post by MiG_Eater »

Should be good.

In other news - I notice the Flanker and Fishbed are only due to fly Saturday and Sunday. Fingers crossed they'll be viewable somewhere on the ground, though I doubt this.

vulcanshammer

Post by vulcanshammer »

MiG_Eater wrote:In other news - I notice the Flanker and Fishbed are only due to fly Saturday and Sunday. Fingers crossed they'll be viewable somewhere on the ground, though I doubt this.

The Friday flying programme hasn't been finalised yet. Hopefully they will get added!
The sooner the world runs out of cotton wool the better

Airshowhammer

Post by Airshowhammer »

Saturday again :grin:
Was kind of hoping it would have been the Negus/Landor livery. Beggars can't be choosers though. Sundays flypast needs to step up thats for sure!

CJS

Post by CJS »

Airshowhammer wrote:Saturday again :grin:
Was kind of hoping it would have been the Negus/Landor livery. Beggars can't be choosers though. Sundays flypast needs to step up thats for sure!

Sunday's flypast needs to exist at all for starters!

Yet another shame - and yes, I get that it's out of DBH's control etc etc...
With just the slightest bit of finesse, I might have made a little less mess.

Airshowhammer

Post by Airshowhammer »

CJS wrote:

I'm sure RIAT themselves said theres plans to have one on the Sunday? Or have I made that up? :lol:

daveseth

Post by daveseth »

hi,
just been pondering the confirmed list, and its a pity that the RCAF couldn't hide something in their C.130H, its been done before...

Hog

Post by Hog »

Starting to think I should have got a ticket for Saturday now, It's ashame Saturday seems to be the main day at the moment. Would have liked to have been able to see the 747.

Gonzo230

Post by Gonzo230 »

Airshowhammer wrote:
CJS wrote:

I'm sure RIAT themselves said theres plans to have one on the Sunday? Or have I made that up? :lol:

The quote was..... 'planning two other special flypasts' .....for Sunday.

harkins

Post by harkins »

This must be maddening for the people from RIAT themselves as this will not help sell Sunday tickets in future when people start to believe that Sunday is a poorer relation of Saturdays event. And Friday isn't exactly getting universal praise either with the price being the same as Saturday.

mark_aviation

Post by mark_aviation »

From latest RIAT email:

We can confirm that British Airways has chosen to mark their Centenary at the Royal International Air Tattoo with a special flypast featuring the RAF Red Arrows.
We're delighted that the airline has found a slot in it's busy flying schedule for a Boeing 747, painted in its iconic British Overseas Airways Corporation (BOAC) livery. It will perform a flypast with the Red Arrows during the flying display on Saturday 20 July. We are still working on something special for Sunday 21 July and will update you as soon as we can.