RIAT 2019

Re: RIAT 2019

Postby iainpeden on Tue 18 Jun 2019, 9:41 pm

Abbo46 wrote:Yes, they'll be deploying F-15s and potentially F-35s to Waddington.

Or another base in Lincolnshire but not Fairford. Off topic but there's slightly more detail on FC.
(Mods. - promise I'll not say another word about this on this thread!)
iainpeden

Postby aviodromefriend on Wed 19 Jun 2019, 7:08 am

trebleone wrote:
Abbo46 wrote:

It's getting close! :clap:

meh! ... pretty sure those portaloos were there last year ... and the year before .... and the year before that ........ and before anyone starts, I know they've been a RIAT stalwart over the years, but come on DBH, couldn't you get something more interesting / exotic? :biggrin:
Great.

DBH got toilets booked before a toilet thread has been started here. Just hope these will be spread out enough over the showground.
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program
aviodromefriend

Postby capercaillie on Wed 19 Jun 2019, 7:45 am

trebleone wrote:
Abbo46 wrote:

It's getting close! :clap:

meh! ... pretty sure those portaloos were there last year ... and the year before .... and the year before that ........ and before anyone starts, I know they've been a RIAT stalwart over the years, but come on DBH, couldn't you get something more interesting / exotic? :biggrin:

Exactly, surely they could help commemorate the 75th anniversary of bidet? :dunno:
"The surrogate voice of st24"
capercaillie

Postby Airwolfhound on Wed 19 Jun 2019, 12:01 pm

capercaillie wrote:
trebleone wrote:
Abbo46 wrote:

Exactly, surely they could help commemorate the 75th anniversary of bidet? :dunno:

:clap: :clap: :lol:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24874528@N04/

Agile, mobile and hostile ;-)
Airwolfhound

Postby MiG_Eater on Wed 19 Jun 2019, 1:59 pm

I am Mr Pro-Riat on these forums... but this latest email... I mean really, i'd love to do marketing for RIAT - it kills me that sentences like this exist:

"This week we saw the start of the site build and also the announcement that 95% of tickets are now SOLD OUT for Saturday (less than that now!). With amazing aircraft such as the return of the Spanish Navy Harriers...(etc)"

Come on guys...
MiG_Eater

Postby clearstone on Wed 19 Jun 2019, 2:06 pm

If you live locally, you can still buy discounted tickets for Friday & Sunday : http://www.kempsfordparishcouncil.net/html/news.html (Scroll down)
clearstone

Postby aviodromefriend on Wed 19 Jun 2019, 2:36 pm

clearstone wrote:If you live locally, you can still buy discounted tickets for Friday & Sunday : http://www.kempsfordparishcouncil.net/html/news.html (Scroll down)
Don't think so...
The deadline for purchase is 5pm on Friday 31 May 2019, no tickets will be available after this point.
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program
aviodromefriend

Postby adam2628 on Wed 19 Jun 2019, 2:38 pm

aviodromefriend wrote:
clearstone wrote:If you live locally, you can still buy discounted tickets for Friday & Sunday : http://www.kempsfordparishcouncil.net/html/news.html (Scroll down)
Don't think so...
The deadline for purchase is 5pm on Friday 31 May 2019, no tickets will be available after this point.

It says in big red writing OFFER NOW EXTENDED UP UNTIL THE SHOW
adam2628

Postby clearstone on Wed 19 Jun 2019, 2:39 pm

Read the RED TEXT!
clearstone

Postby jasonT1981 on Wed 19 Jun 2019, 3:23 pm

clearstone wrote:Read the RED TEXT!

Did you just assume I can see Red text and have no hidden conditions like colour blindness? :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
jasonT1981

Postby CJS on Wed 19 Jun 2019, 3:36 pm

MiG_Eater wrote:I am Mr Pro-Riat on these forums... but this latest email... I mean really, i'd love to do marketing for RIAT - it kills me that sentences like this exist:

"This week we saw the start of the site build and also the announcement that 95% of tickets are now SOLD OUT for Saturday (less than that now!). With amazing aircraft such as the return of the Spanish Navy Harriers...(etc)"

Come on guys...

Bit of circular argument, but what's wrong with today's email? It's totally standard fare, even less excitable than some have been.

I honestly don't see the issue, or am I missing something :dunno:
"Forewarned is forearmed"
How do you know I didn't?
CJS

Postby mark_aviation on Wed 19 Jun 2019, 3:46 pm

Looks like the rumours were true, Green Cone Confirmed! Hope they bring some more to bulk the static up a bit :wink: :lmao:

https://twitter.com/airtattoo/status/11 ... 41824?s=20
Last edited by mark_aviation on Wed 19 Jun 2019, 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mark_aviation

Postby IATthenRIAT on Wed 19 Jun 2019, 4:05 pm

mark_aviation wrote:Looks like the rumours were true, Green Cone Confirmed! Hope they bring some more to bulk the static up a bit :wink: :lmao:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/airtattoo/status/1141337865240141824?s=20[/tweet]

Yep - in absense of planes on the static we can rely on the good old cone - to stare at and photograph. :lmao:
IATthenRIAT

Postby IATthenRIAT on Wed 19 Jun 2019, 5:00 pm

With the RAF seemingly leaving it till the last minute to confirm anymore statics, wonder what they are likely to send - a Typhoon from each sqn, plus a F35 on static?
IATthenRIAT

Postby bobby 1211 on Wed 19 Jun 2019, 5:15 pm

5 updates to go. What do you think we can expect? From the obvious we should still get more RAF statics and the French air force. I hoping for an a-400m too
bobby 1211

Postby Big Eric on Wed 19 Jun 2019, 5:28 pm

IATthenRIAT wrote:With the RAF seemingly leaving it till the last minute to confirm anymore statics, wonder what they are likely to send - a Typhoon from each sqn, plus a F35 on static?

The RAF always leave it late to confirm static aircraft but this year we should expect a couple of 5 & 11 sqn Lightnings from Binbrook, a couple of 6 & 54 sqn Jaguars from Coltishall, a couple of 19 & 92 sqn F-4s from Wildenrath, a pair of Tornado F3s from both 23 & 25 sqns at Leeming.....

.......I'll get me coat............. :grin:
Big Eric

Postby FGR2 on Wed 19 Jun 2019, 6:17 pm

Don’t think it matters what Typhoons the RAF send, from what I have seen they are pretty much all devoid of any squadron markings. If they send one or half a dozen they will all look identical. :(
FGR2

Postby IATthenRIAT on Wed 19 Jun 2019, 6:27 pm

FGR2 wrote:Don’t think it matters what Typhoons the RAF send, from what I have seen they are pretty much all devoid of any squadron markings. If they send one or half a dozen they will all look identical. :(

Would be nice to see a few rather than just the one - I still need loads of them.
IATthenRIAT

Postby Tmyers123 on Wed 19 Jun 2019, 6:34 pm

FGR2 wrote:Don’t think it matters what Typhoons the RAF send, from what I have seen they are pretty much all devoid of any squadron markings. If they send one or half a dozen they will all look identical. :(

We can hope for some IX(B) airframes from Lossie, at least they’ve got squadron markings. A couple of them had WW2 squadron codes applied to their tails too, but I’m not sure if they’ve been removed or not.
Tmyers123

Postby Habu on Wed 19 Jun 2019, 7:06 pm

bobby 1211 wrote:5 updates to go. What do you think we can expect? From the obvious we should still get more RAF statics and the French air force. I hoping for an a-400m too

Japan usually confirm late so maybe something from them .
I'm still hoping for A-400 too ; it's one of the biggest hits with non-aviation nerd friends that brought along ,fantastic display .
Habu

Postby jason82wells on Wed 19 Jun 2019, 7:20 pm

Habu wrote:
bobby 1211 wrote:5 updates to go. What do you think we can expect? From the obvious we should still get more RAF statics and the French air force. I hoping for an a-400m too

Japan usually confirm late so maybe something from them .
I'm still hoping for A-400 too ; it's one of the biggest hits with non-aviation nerd friends that brought along ,fantastic display .

Would love something from Japan again, plus something from the French (official news on PdF for example). RAF stuff is common in the skies or bases around the country so I'm always more inclined to hope for overseas assets, although the RAF does normally help bulk out the static park at least!
jason82wells

Postby Ouragan on Wed 19 Jun 2019, 9:26 pm

Big Eric wrote:
IATthenRIAT wrote:With the RAF seemingly leaving it till the last minute to confirm anymore statics, wonder what they are likely to send - a Typhoon from each sqn, plus a F35 on static?

The RAF always leave it late to confirm static aircraft but this year we should expect a couple of 5 & 11 sqn Lightnings from Binbrook, a couple of 6 & 54 sqn Jaguars from Coltishall, a couple of 19 & 92 sqn F-4s from Wildenrath, a pair of Tornado F3s from both 23 & 25 sqns at Leeming.....

I'm personally hoping for a 44 Sqdn Vulcan and maybe a DH Devon from Northolt.
Ouragan

Postby capercaillie on Thu 20 Jun 2019, 7:43 am

Big Eric wrote:

Not only are we going back in time, but also covering multiple time zones at the same time, I like it :up: Maybe some 1970s MoD(PE) types as well for good measure. :biggrin:
"The surrogate voice of st24"
capercaillie

Postby Seahornet on Thu 20 Jun 2019, 8:46 am

jasonT1981 wrote:
clearstone wrote:Read the RED TEXT!

Did you just assume I can see Red text and have no hidden conditions like colour blindness? :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Of course, if you really are colour-blind, you'll already know you're being a bit disingenuous. Given that the text is on a white background, such a condition may make it difficult or impossible to discern the colour of the text, but it doesn't make it invisible! :wink:
And as the smart ship grew,
In stature, grace and hue,
In shadowy silent distance grew the iceberg too....
Seahornet

Postby Flare Path on Thu 20 Jun 2019, 9:34 am

Having seen the JF-17 perform the last few days at the Paris Air Show, it would be great to see it from our Pakistan friends at somepoint. I believe the C130 that is supporting is the same one coming to RIAT, although don't quote me on that.

Slightly OT, but definitely one of the highlights for me at Paris 19 and would fit right in at the Air Tattoo.

Back to reality and interested to see whether there's any update on the ongoing negotiations with Turkey, when the 12 update hits. :up:
Flare Path

PreviousNext

Return to Royal International Air Tattoo