RIAT 2019

Re: RIAT 2019

Postby edhunter on Fri 12 Jul 2019, 3:06 pm

someone on the nutters group has posted on there group page that he has confirmation of the participation of the midnight hawks, is anyone able to confirm such rumour?
edhunter

Postby mark_aviation on Fri 12 Jul 2019, 3:08 pm

Wow, just wow...

Sunday Flypast announced from the latest RIAT email:

The 50-year anniversary of Airbus will be celebrated on Sunday 21 July at the Air Tattoo with a special flypast from their A400M tactical transporter accompanied by the Blades Aerobatic team!

The European aerospace giant, which employs 13,500 people across sites in the UK, begins a year of celebrating five decades of aircraft design and manufacture.

This unique and never-before seen formation of an Airbus A400M and four Extra 300 aircraft (eight spinning propellers in total!) will feature in the full-length flying display on Sunday 21 July; alongside highlights like the Mig-21 LanceR, Su-27 Flanker and the final UK performance this summer from the Red Arrows!

An Air Tattoo spokesperson said, "This is a great opportunity to see the a new and unique formation for tens of thousands of people at the Air Tattoo. Both the Blades and Airbus pilots are used to precision flying and are really looking forward to bringing something new to the show!"
Last edited by mark_aviation on Fri 12 Jul 2019, 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mark_aviation

Postby Peter345 on Fri 12 Jul 2019, 3:09 pm

Well, the flypast is finally announced...

A400M with the Blades.

Wow.
Peter345

Postby rockfordstone on Fri 12 Jul 2019, 3:10 pm

mark_aviation wrote:Wow, just wow...

The 50-year anniversary of Airbus will be celebrated on Sunday 21 July at the Air Tattoo with a special flypast from their A400M tactical transporter accompanied by the Blades Aerobatic team!

The European aerospace giant, which employs 13,500 people across sites in the UK, begins a year of celebrating five decades of aircraft design and manufacture.

This unique and never-before seen formation of an Airbus A400M and four Extra 300 aircraft (eight spinning propellers in total!) will feature in the full-length flying display on Sunday 21 July; alongside highlights like the Mig-21 LanceR, Su-27 Flanker and the final UK performance this summer from the Red Arrows!

An Air Tattoo spokesperson said, "This is a great opportunity to see the a new and unique formation for tens of thousands of people at the Air Tattoo. Both the Blades and Airbus pilots are used to precision flying and are really looking forward to bringing something new to the show!"

see now, the sunday folks have got their flypast. where else would you get to the see the A400M and Blades!
rockfordstone

Postby Peter345 on Fri 12 Jul 2019, 3:11 pm

Count them up, eight spinning propellers!!!
Peter345

Postby JJC on Fri 12 Jul 2019, 3:12 pm

edhunter wrote:someone on the nutters group has posted on there group page that he has confirmation of the participation of the midnight hawks, is anyone able to confirm such rumour?

Nope
https://ilmavoimat.fi/article/-/asset_p ... salla-2019
''Time to dive into the fireworks!''
JJC

Postby jason82wells on Fri 12 Jul 2019, 3:13 pm

Oh dear. All that waiting, for nothing. Very disappointing.
jason82wells

Postby JJC on Fri 12 Jul 2019, 3:13 pm

What a p*ss poor addition.
JJC

Postby Wissam24 on Fri 12 Jul 2019, 3:13 pm

Haha
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016
Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Postby adam2628 on Fri 12 Jul 2019, 3:14 pm

wow. :dunno: I've never seen 8 spinning propellers all at once before :roll:
adam2628

Postby rdchawk on Fri 12 Jul 2019, 3:14 pm

Something unique and still not happy, really, DBH can't do anything right can they??
Did you hear about the dyslexic pimp? He bought a ware house!
Proud member of the Silverstone Marshalling Team
rdchawk

Postby st24 on Fri 12 Jul 2019, 3:15 pm

And I thought I was being short changed on the Friday!!! :lol: :lmao: :lmao: :lol:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!
st24

Postby Flare Path on Fri 12 Jul 2019, 3:16 pm

Not good for RIAT.
Flare Path

Postby mavvymoo on Fri 12 Jul 2019, 3:17 pm

Whilst it does say flypast, it does conjure images of the A400M keeping formation during the Blades' own display....... :yahoo:
Famed for appearing to put my foot in it, read my post with the voice of Stewie Griffin if it offended you first time
mavvymoo

Postby The Baron on Fri 12 Jul 2019, 3:18 pm

:tumbleweed: :tumbleweed: :tumbleweed:
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.
The Baron

Postby harkins on Fri 12 Jul 2019, 3:20 pm

Wow, I wonder what they tried for before being left with that option. Unique or not, nobody has ever thought to themselves “you know what I’d really love to see at the Air Tattoo? The Blades and Airbuses Atlas”.
harkins

Postby adam2628 on Fri 12 Jul 2019, 3:20 pm

rdchawk wrote:Something unique and still not happy, really, DBH can't do anything right can they??

To me, it's not so much what it is, it's how it's announced.

That's pretty puerile isn't it. It almost seems patronising. Maybe it's just me. :dunno:
adam2628

Postby JJC on Fri 12 Jul 2019, 3:22 pm

What connection have The Blades got to Airbus?

Smacks of desperation for something, anything on Sunday.

‘’What items have we got in the flying that are willing to form up together? No it doesn’t matter if it’s a random pairing just do it.’’
Last edited by JJC on Fri 12 Jul 2019, 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JJC

Postby mark_aviation on Fri 12 Jul 2019, 3:22 pm

Let’s celebrate 50 years of Airbus with a flypast where 4 out of 5 of the participants aren’t Airbus aircraft...
mark_aviation

Postby rdchawk on Fri 12 Jul 2019, 3:23 pm

Do have to admit the "(eight spinning propellers in total!)" bit really is not great on RIAT's marketing front.
rdchawk

Postby rockfordstone on Fri 12 Jul 2019, 3:24 pm

harkins wrote:Wow, I wonder what they tried for before being left with that option. Unique or not, nobody has ever thought to themselves “you know what I’d really love to see at the Air Tattoo? The Blades and Airbuses Atlas”.

it does feel like a failure to get something else. especially given the A400M and Blades will likely have flown or will fly at another point during the day.
rockfordstone

Postby kylejay97 on Fri 12 Jul 2019, 3:27 pm

imagine having an entire plethora of aircraft to choose from to do a flypast, and you get this as the final result.

I'll toilet break that one i'm afraid, what a let down IMO.
I like planes I guess?
kylejay97

Postby rdchawk on Fri 12 Jul 2019, 3:28 pm

I'm sure there are probably reasons, but why not Frecce Tricolori with the RSV elements flypast.
rdchawk

Postby Wrexham Mackem on Fri 12 Jul 2019, 3:30 pm

Groan. A400M and the Blades, having no connection to one another that I'm aware of, are going to fly past in formation, just for the sake of. What a waste of time. :down:

I was very much hoping that Airbus were going to do something meaningful for the show to mark their fiftieth. This was the last thing that sprung to mind.
its time to kick the tyres and light the fires

https://www.flickr.com/photos/151934326@N08/albums
Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Postby rdchawk on Fri 12 Jul 2019, 3:30 pm

Wrexham Mackem wrote:Groan. A400M and the Blades, having no connection to one another that I'm aware of, are going to fly past in formation, just for the sake of. What a waste of time. :down:

That was going to be my other question, Why the Blades?
rdchawk

PreviousNext

Return to Royal International Air Tattoo