RIAT 2019 wish list

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
Tmyers123

Re: RIAT 2019 wish list

Post by Tmyers123 »

TomTwin wrote:Aren’t you grateful for what is already coming?

It’s a wish list thread. :whistle:

IATthenRIAT

Post by IATthenRIAT »

RAF4EVER wrote:Anything that turns up is a bonus,especially in this day and age.Be grateful for what you get. :smile: :smile: :smile:

If it was a Free event and just around the corner then yes Agreed, as an example - would you pay to go to Wimbledon if it cost you Alot of money and effort to go and see (lets say for sake of argument - two not very good tenis players) would you expect and hope to see somebody better and more interesting in turn for your money.

jayne_morris

Post by jayne_morris »

RAF4EVER wrote:Anything that turns up is a bonus,especially in this day and age.Be grateful for what you get. :smile: :smile: :smile:

the thread title is "RIAT 2019 wish list"

the dictionary definition of a wish list,

A wish list is a List of things you would like to happen or be given, although these things may be unlikely :smile: :smile:

TomTwin

Post by TomTwin »

IATthenRIAT wrote:
TomTwin wrote:
IATthenRIAT wrote:Hoping tomorrow 4th will bring us a C5, KC10, a few F15s, some F16s possibly a C130 and a U2 - Please USAF bring it on.

Aren’t you grateful for what is already coming?

Are you?

Oh yes! I am seemingly part of the rare few who are grateful for what’s coming, instead of those asking for even more participation.

Be grateful for what’s coming.

IATthenRIAT

Post by IATthenRIAT »

TomTwin wrote:
IATthenRIAT wrote:
TomTwin wrote:
IATthenRIAT wrote:Hoping tomorrow 4th will bring us a C5, KC10, a few F15s, some F16s possibly a C130 and a U2 - Please USAF bring it on.

Aren’t you grateful for what is already coming?

Are you?

Oh yes! I am seemingly part of the rare few who are grateful for what’s coming, instead of those asking for even more participation.

Yes but with all repsect all us paying customers are paying for a a service provided by RIAT, and there is nothing wrong hoping to get the most for your money and see as many activities (static/flying) as possible.

For some people going to the show has cost them an absolute fortune even saving up over a few years to make a one off event, nothing wrong hoping to get the most out of that day, its not just like a night out at the pictures.

aviodromefriend

Post by aviodromefriend »

IATthenRIAT wrote:as an example - would you pay to go to Wimbledon if it cost you Alot of money and effort to go and see (lets say for sake of argument - two not very good tenis players) would you expect and hope to see somebody better and more interesting in turn for your money.
If the not so good players have come further in the tournament then the better more interesting players, well, it is called sports. Things like that happen.
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program

Domvickery
UKAR Staff

Post by Domvickery »

TomTwin wrote:Oh yes! I am seemingly part of the rare few who are grateful for what’s coming, instead of those asking for even more participation.

Tue 25 Jun 2019, 11:49 am

TomTwin wrote:https://m.facebook.com/Scramblemagazine/posts/2876429159050266

Well this is disappointing, so close to RIAT....

Especially when these aircraft are on many peoples wish lists... :wall:
Free straws available to clutch at - PM me. Inventor of the baguette scale

IATthenRIAT

Post by IATthenRIAT »

My viewpoint is (and I think its a fair one) this will be my last ever show or day out due to a health condition, so frankly I dont see anything wrong hoping to see as many interesting aircraft there and make the day as enjoyable as possible, some people have the chance to go to other shows either this year, or attend RIAT another year, I cant.

TomTwin

Post by TomTwin »

Domvickery wrote:
TomTwin wrote:Oh yes! I am seemingly part of the rare few who are grateful for what’s coming, instead of those asking for even more participation.

I think you’re trying to prove a point which doesn’t exist. I’m grateful for all that’s coming, I’ve just simply made a point. A point of which I can prove, while yours appears to have backfired miserably.

borismorris

Post by borismorris »

My wish would be

That I wish people could respect other peoples wishes

:tumbleweed:

I’d love to see something big of Russian origin - Just because it would be a bit exotic.

I’d settle for having something WW2 era in the static too mind.

Lightningkid70

Post by Lightningkid70 »

jayne_morris wrote:

the thread title is "RIAT 2019 wish list"

the dictionary definition of a wish list,

A wish list is a List of things you would like to happen or be given, although these things may be unlikely :smile: :smile:

I wish there was a like button for the above! :wink:

1st wish... For a formation of German CH-53's all taking off together.
2nd wish.. All of the Swedish heritage jets flying including both Viggens.
3rd wish... The Norwegian Starfighter
4th wish... The back to flight F-86 based in France
5th wish... A formation of Hunters including both flying HHA examples & the Dutch one, any more Hunters around in Europe airworthy?
6th & final & hopefully irritating just to get everyone started...The HHA Sukhoi Su-22 returned to flight!

There you go, a straight forward answer & fit's the brief of the thread. Simples!

spellow3010

Post by spellow3010 »

Saw the thread had advanced a page and got my hopes up... Considered making a wish... then realised the wish thread is barely more than token ungratefulness. Carefully stepped back out of the thread never to return... :surrender:
Now officially qualifies as a 'regular' at Famous Dave's - El Centro

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

TomTwin wrote:

People who shell out the fortune for RIAT tickets, and whom often are strongly encouraged to do so in this day and age of super-advanced earlybird schemes and relentless “get your tickets now before they all go!” PR very early on before anything like a full list materialises are perfectly entitled to have a wish list of what they’d like to see. They’re also perfectly entitled to an opinion that RIAT might be poor one year, just as they are entitled to an opinion that RIAT is great anther year (plus, a lot of people seem to forget that to stifle criticism is to cheapen praise).

Personally, I’m grateful that RIAT as an entity exists in the UK, but beyond that why should people have to “just be grateful”? They aren’t children. They’ve paid for it. Handsomely. They’re entitled to say and wish what they want to about the event.

Where’s the cut-off? Should people “just be grateful” if, idk, it was a couple of C295s and a Typhoon on static, and just the Reds, an autogyro, and the Blades displaying?

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

Tommy wrote: Where’s the cut-off? Should people “just be grateful” if, idk, it was a couple of C295s and a Typhoon on static, and just the Reds, an autogyro, and the Blades displaying?

Isn't that Farnborough on public days (RIP)? :dunno:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/

Domvickery
UKAR Staff

Post by Domvickery »

TomTwin wrote:
Domvickery wrote:

I think you’re trying to prove a point which doesn’t exist. I’m grateful for all that’s coming, I’ve just simply made a point. A point of which I can prove, while yours appears to have backfired miserably.

I see ‘I’m so disappointed in something not attending thats on peoples wish list that I’m going to bang my head against a wall’ much worse than I hope XYZ can attend

But please, go on and prove your point
Free straws available to clutch at - PM me. Inventor of the baguette scale

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

capercaillie wrote:
Tommy wrote: Where’s the cut-off? Should people “just be grateful” if, idk, it was a couple of C295s and a Typhoon on static, and just the Reds, an autogyro, and the Blades displaying?

Isn't that Farnborough on public days (RIP)? :dunno:

Fair comment.

harkins

Post by harkins »

My wish is for no more confirmations of anything as we already have an immoderate amount of aircraft coming and any more would be a display of the worst decadence imaginable. The recent addition of the Turkish F-4s was nothing more than an act of hedonism and I for one will have to practice self-flagellation after witnessing the debauchery that already awaits us. This appalling display of hoping and wishing for things disgusts me.

Go4Long

Post by Go4Long »

To play the devils advocate slightly...it's not all that expensive to go to RIAT...even FRIAT Mach 3 is really not all that bad when you put it in perspective.

A weekend pass (2 days and a twilight show) to the photo pit at Abbotsford this year is $225. ...there's a total of 24 acts showing on their performer list, but many of them are decidedly filler (Thunderbirds, Snowbirds, Team Aeroshell are the headliners). There's a MAXIMUM of 4 hours of flying there a day with the exceptions of a couple of civilian aircraft doing a couple laps from 1000-1200.

Per dollar spent it's not even comparable.

https://abbotsfordairshow.com/performer ... erformers/

That's my take on it from a private airshow perspective anyway. Let's not talk about Nellis (and similar) that's free because obviously the USAF doesn't have the budgetary concerns that something like RIAT or any other private show would have.

MiG_Eater

Post by MiG_Eater »

Have to agree with Harkins there. If any more gets confirmed we'll be in dangerous realms of actually enjoying the airshow thereby negating the entire reason for this forum's existence (to complain about airshows).

I for one am disgusted by those amongst us who have paid handsomely for the privilege to complain constantly being shouted down by big-mouthed happy clappers who claim that a MiG-21 is actually an interesting aircraft when, in reality, they are one of the most widely produced aircraft in history and therefore - common as muck.

Mr Benn

Post by Mr Benn »

IATthenRIAT wrote:My viewpoint is (and I think its a fair one) this will be my last ever show or day out due to a health condition, so frankly I dont see anything wrong hoping to see as many interesting aircraft there and make the day as enjoyable as possible, some people have the chance to go to other shows either this year, or attend RIAT another year, I cant.

I hopeyou have a great day. Its a tough day for me too as i suffer from Anxiety and leg muscle issues, so i fully sympathise with you.
I wish my only issue was moaning about why plane A or B is flying.

Have a great day mate.

Airwolfhound

Post by Airwolfhound »

*banter alert*

So less than two weeks to go before my wife and I step on the hallowed turf that is RAF Fairford.

My 'wish list' is as follows :-

1) My camera doesn't decide to go into meltdown as it did at the Daks at Duxford event a few weeks ago.
2) No one decides to walk past my wife in the FRIAT grandstand and smacks her head with their rucksack/camera bag and not apologise (you know who you are...............)
3) No one decides to walk past me in the grandstand and smacks my head with their rucksack/camera bag, apology or not.
4) A happy smoke-free (including vapes) environment on the grandstand.
5) Fast track access to the food conveyancers in the FRIAT enclosure (don't want to be missing the Blades............)
6) A safe airshow for all involved
7) Weather gods to behave throughout.

*banter alert off*

:lol: :lol: :rock: :rock:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24874528@N04/

Agile, mobile and hostile ;-)

138EAW

Post by 138EAW »

Some Shady J F-15s are meant to be staging through Spang today, not sure how long they are in Europe. If it's a TSP, would be nice to have one on static :grin:
Gary

vulcan57

Post by vulcan57 »

An USAF WC-135W Constant Phoenix Nuclear Sniffer flew from the states and into RAF Mildenhall yesterday. Maybe they'd like to pop over to Fairford for the weekend? :smile:

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

vulcan57 wrote:An USAF WC-135W Constant Phoenix Nuclear Sniffer flew from the states and into RAF Mildenhall yesterday. Maybe they'd like to pop over to Fairford for the weekend? :smile:

Hey maybe its Sunday's special flypast :shock: :tongue: :wink:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/