FRIAT packages 2019

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
Mantog

FRIAT packages 2019

Post by Mantog »

Hi

I filled out and handed in my form to re-up for FRIAT next year whilst at the airshow. I think I ticked the box for payment over 6 months but not entirely sure. What happens next in the process? Should we receive something soon confirming receipt of renewal form and a request for payment details?
Cheers
Bob

Abbo46

Re: FRIAT packages 2019

Post by Abbo46 »

Tend to receive confirmation in October. :up:

Mantog

Post by Mantog »

Thanks Abbo

mavvymoo

Post by mavvymoo »

Did they not ask for payment details at the time? I applied afterwards online with my credit card details for them to take payment from. Hopefully they'll tell me as soon as they do take payment so I can pay the card off before incurring interest.
Famed for appearing to put my foot in it, read my post with the voice of Stewie Griffin if it offended you first time

Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Post by Wrexham Mackem »

mavvymoo wrote:Did they not ask for payment details at the time? I applied afterwards online with my credit card details for them to take payment from. Hopefully they'll tell me as soon as they do take payment so I can pay the card off before incurring interest.

If you elect to pay by instalments, you tick a box on the application form, and add no further details at the time. DBH then get in touch round about October time to ask you to set up your standing order.

If paying by card your details go on the application form and the above doesn't apply. I don't know when they take payment though.

mavvymoo

Post by mavvymoo »

Being new to FRIAT packages and with no sign of payment having been taken, I have been in touch with Wendy in the office and she was hugely apologetic that things haven't moved yet (particularly with super earlybird tickets going so well) but she said that they hope to get things underway in terms of taking payment in the next few weeks. :up:
Famed for appearing to put my foot in it, read my post with the voice of Stewie Griffin if it offended you first time

harkins

Post by harkins »

I don't suppose it has much bearing on anything but for information, my payment for Mach3 was taken last week. I got a form on the morning they were handed out in the lane, but I didn't actually queue - can't actually recall the number, but 133 maybe rings a bell. I handed it in on the Sunday.

Domvickery
UKAR Staff

Post by Domvickery »

Has anyone recieved any details for standing order payments?
Free straws available to clutch at - PM me. Inventor of the baguette scale

Paul_Reflex

Post by Paul_Reflex »

Domvickery wrote:Has anyone recieved any details for standing order payments?

I got the email today. Strangely the dates were missing when the payments are due, it just gives months starting with October.

Duffer

Post by Duffer »

I got these dates on my email

26 October 2018
28 November 2018
28 December 2018
28 January 2019
28 February 2019
28 March 2019

Paul_Reflex

Post by Paul_Reflex »

Duffer wrote:I got these dates on my email

26 October 2018
28 November 2018
28 December 2018
28 January 2019
28 February 2019
28 March 2019

On looking again, so did I. Because of the spacing I thought it said £35.26 was due in October etc! What an idiot :lmao:

MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Domvickery wrote:Has anyone recieved any details for standing order payments?

They appear to be running a little behind schedule. Here is a copy of the email I received a few days ago:

Dear FRIAT Member,

I am now in the process of completing all of the 2019 booking forms that have been returned since this year's show. The current situation is explained in the email below, so please take time to read it and we thank you for your patience if you have yet to receive your confirmation.

With so many more 2019 forms compared to previous years and 2019 tickets going on sale earlier I was not able to get these forms processed as quickly as I had anticipated. FRIAT tickets will not be available to purchase via our website until all of these early booking forms have been completed.

I am hopeful that the majority of them will have been processed in the next two to three weeks. Once your order has been put onto the system you will receive an automatic confirmation email. If you requested to pay by standing order an additional email will then be sent out to you later with the information needed to set them up.

This delay means that if you are not set up by the planned October payment date, then your payments will start in November.

I am also cross checking all bookings for 2019 against the 2018 list of FRIAT members. Before any FRIAT seats go on sale via the website anyone from 2018 who does not appear to have re-booked will be emailed. Alternatively if you have yet to return your form please do so by sending it to FRIAT@rafcte.com.

Kind Regards,

Wendy Toms

FRIAT Manager

Degsy

Post by Degsy »

Received my confirmation email today and my booking form number was approximately 220 ish.Hope this will help you work out where they are up too with next years tickets.Filled the order form in at the show so did not take a note my number. Also I have payed in full so can not help with a standing order date but the above email will help for people needing that info. Camping booked just now need the Thursday updates to start with something to make it all worthwhile. :grin:

Skyflash
UKAR Staff

Post by Skyflash »

Got my confirmation email today! :smile:
Posting comments on an aviation-related chatroom, are ya? Looks like it an' all...

spellow3010

Post by spellow3010 »

#metoo :up:
Now officially qualifies as a 'regular' at Famous Dave's - El Centro

CJS

Post by CJS »

Perfect use of that particular #, that'll confuse the algorithms...a bit.

:grin:
"There's only one way of life, and that's your own"

iainpeden

Post by iainpeden »

My form was number 676 and I received the e-mail a couple of days ago - payments due on 28th of November, December, January, February, March and April. Interestingly the 6 payments are not all equal so I'll have to make sure I alter the standing order detail with my bank as necessary.
(Mark Twain: There are lies, there are damn lies and then there are statistics)

Domvickery
UKAR Staff

Post by Domvickery »

iainpeden wrote:My form was number 676 and I received the e-mail a couple of days ago - payments due on 28th of November, December, January, February, March and April. Interestingly the 6 payments are not all equal so I'll have to make sure I alter the standing order detail with my bank as necessary.

I recieved mine and all bar the final payment are for £35 & on the 28th of each month
Free straws available to clutch at - PM me. Inventor of the baguette scale

Ian G
UKAR Staff

Post by Ian G »

I'm still waiting for an email :sad:
Garf's website and Flickr Photostream

"Which road can I close for you today?"

#tapestries

spellow3010

Post by spellow3010 »

Money has gone out of my account for FRIAT, so...

Game on! :rock:
Now officially qualifies as a 'regular' at Famous Dave's - El Centro

HeyfordDave111

Post by HeyfordDave111 »

Decided not to do RIAT (FRIAT) this year. i think what i will do is do it only every 2 years and take a chance, but in the meantime use the £750 i normally spend on attending the show (Mach3, Hotel, gas, food, etc) on a European show, or even put it into a pot to get me to MAKS in a couple of years instead.

RIAT will always hold a special place in my heart, but the draw is just not there anymore. Last years disappointment regarding the 100th flypast, and the aircraft cancellations (yes i know they cannot be helped) has just made me feel 'Me-h' regarding it.

So i shall look east of these shores, and get better display lines, and a more 'exotic' feel to to an airshow.

Best wishes to all that are attending though, and who knows i might have a pang of guilt in missing it, seeing some nice first time stuff get announced, and get a day ticket.
cheers
Dave
Got to love Russianhardware

MiG_Eater

Post by MiG_Eater »

HeyfordDave - I fulfilled a life long dream of doing MAKS back in 2015 and it was brilliant. Everything I could have hoped for really; but did it compare to RIAT? Not even close.

Airwolfhound

Post by Airwolfhound »

Received my order confirmation via email yesterday, I was around 870ish on the numbered sheet I seem to recall.

Haven't yet received the Standing Order email though, I assume they will want paying for the tickets :grin:

EDIT Damn, they do want the money, just got the standing order email............ :grin:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24874528@N04/

Agile, mobile and hostile ;-)

Tom105

Post by Tom105 »

I was 1013 I think received confirmation today! Roll on July!
Thomas

Fumbles

Post by Fumbles »

Received my order confirmation on the weekend. I do wonder if FRIAT will sell out before the public will be able to buy in? What is there, 2000 Seats? If we are already at 1013 so that guarantees at least 1013 seats gone but with say 50% of those buy two seats we are at 1595 and I believe the email earlier in October said that DBH would be working into mid November on the final orders.

Just curious is all since I asked last year if the stand would have added seats for 2019 and was told that "No 2018 was a one off."