Road closure to totterdown

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
kianelle

Road closure to totterdown

Post by kianelle »

Hi
Can anyone please confirm this or have heard of this.. Had a message of someone who's friend is a residence at Fairford to say they have had a letter from cancel to say there could possibly be a road closure on the dates 15 th to 22nd July from Hurtcott Rd to Hereford rd. Only residents with passes will be allowed through a diversion to Lechlade on Thames will be in place ....
Now I know this could be nonsense and just hearsay but it would not surprise me if this is going to happen I think they will try everything to stop totters having camping ....Hope to goodness not true!!!!

capercaillie

Re: Road closure to totterdown

Post by capercaillie »

Can't find either of those roads mentioned on a map at all.

There is a Horcott Road which is the road that takes you past the main entrance, basically Fairford to Whelford, where the turning to Totterdown is. This is quite often closed on showdays anyway I thought, but I cannot see them closing it on arrival days as that would cause serious confusion. Why anyone would divert via Lechlade if coming in from Cirencester on those days would be anyone's guess?
"The surrogate voice of st24"

Jakub.Zurek
UKAR Staff

Post by Jakub.Zurek »

Just for reference, here (viewtopic.php?f=19&t=81461) is a link to a topic from last year about the road closures for RIAT 2018.

Horcott Road was not shut, and it seems to be the only way to access Totterdown.

Big Eric

Post by Big Eric »

I'm still trying to figure-out what this means in the OP's post :- "to say they have had a letter from cancel". :dizzy:

Tmyers123

Post by Tmyers123 »

Big Eric wrote:I'm still trying to figure-out what this means in the OP's post :- "to say they have had a letter from cancel". :dizzy:

Council maybe? :dunno:

TYPHOON3

Post by TYPHOON3 »

There are a few residents from the area in question that have posted on social media that they have not received any such letter regarding road closures.This includes Simon,owner of Totterdown.He's made a joke saying everyone will have to be in the campsite by Thursday if true.