2019: Award Winners

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
spellow3010

Re: 2019: Award Winners

Post by spellow3010 »

Definitely thought the Finnish F-18 deserved an award - an outstanding display and marginally put the Swiss iteration into shade imo. Loved the Swiss F-18 tail markings though :love:

The RAF Typhoon was better than I had seen reviewed elsewhere on this site on the run up to RIAT, so well done Jim.

As much as I enjoy a good Red Arrows display, I would like to give an honourable mention to the Tucano guys... a lovely display over the weekend in their final display year. Very nicely flown... and a delightful three ship departure on the Monday. Well done and thanks for all the fish. :up:
Now officially qualifies as a 'regular' at Famous Dave's - El Centro

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

The three-ship departure was a nice touch, agreed
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

mavvymoo

Post by mavvymoo »

spellow3010 wrote:
rebel14 wrote:Which squadron went home with the most cash? :shock:

Probably the Lakenheath crew - £20.00 for their patches! :shock:

Picked up a few nice patches elsewhere for much less... notably the Spanish Harrier team, the Danish F-16s, the B-52 crew and a nice Indian patch from P&V East for a tenner during arrivals.

:up:

Speaking of which, does anyone know if the Frecce Tricolori ever have a stand with merch?
Famed for appearing to put my foot in it, read my post with the voice of Stewie Griffin if it offended you first time

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

spellow3010 wrote:
rebel14 wrote:Which squadron went home with the most cash? :shock:

Probably the Lakenheath crew - £20.00 for their patches! :shock:

Picked up a few nice patches elsewhere for much less... notably the Spanish Harrier team, the Danish F-16s, the B-52 crew and a nice Indian patch from P&V East for a tenner during arrivals.

:up:

£20?! Which ones were going for so cheap?! I saw one for forty...
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016