Airshowhammer

Re: RIAT 2020

Post by Airshowhammer »

Its March :dizzy:

CJS

Post by CJS »

pako-2008 wrote:
bobby 1211 wrote:In 2018 it was my first RIAT so I was over the moon to see the F/A-18, SU-27 or even the A400M. Last year there was still some interesting items which I haven't seen before like the Mig-21, harriers, Osprey and Apache. This year I was hoping that we might see the F-22, MIG-29, SU-22, Hind or A-10 as the 'stars' of the show. As it turned out, we wont be seeing any of those aircraft flying at RIAT this year so why would I attend? I dont want to see another Apache or F-16 display even though others would be happy to see the same displays every year.

Your airshow going life will be pretty short lived based on that logic then. Seen it once don't want to see it again.... you're aware the days of multiple types are long behind us right?

You'd manage what, 2 RIATs, maybe 3 tops if you stuck to that bizarre 'logic' bobby. And that's for RIAT. Any other show you're clearly only going to be visiting the once!

Still, more room at front etc etc...
With just the slightest bit of finesse, I might have made a little less mess.

jasonT1981

Post by jasonT1981 »

We've had only 4 flying displays announced, seriously. Judge it come July. Not March.

This will be my 3rd RIAT after 2017 and 2019 and I am excited to see what comes. Even if I seen it before, more than likely you're not going to see it anywhere else in the UK.

Streffo123

Post by Streffo123 »

This will be my 6th RIAT and I haven't had the slightest concern about how many flying displays there are at this current moment. every single year that I have gone, there has always been something new to see, so I say this to the people who think RIAT is the same every year: Its not. For example, i have never seen the Danish F-16 in the flying display before, out of every single RIAT I've ever been to. and the Patrouille de Suisse hasn't appeared since 2017. I'm actually very excited for this year as my first RIAT celebrated the 75th anniversary of the Battle of Britain and this years should celebrate the 80th anniversary of the Battle of Britain. for me, it's like RIAT has come full circle.

Streffo123

Post by Streffo123 »

i have been going to RIAT every year since 2015 and there is no chance of that stopping

cg_341

Post by cg_341 »

CJS wrote:You'd manage what, 2 RIATs, maybe 3 tops if you stuck to that bizarre 'logic' bobby. And that's for RIAT. Any other show you're clearly only going to be visiting the once!

Shockingly, some people do only attend RIAT when there's a mix of aircraft that interest them, and not just "because it's RIAT so I have to go".

MiG_Eater

Post by MiG_Eater »

Equally shocking to others is that some aviation enthusiasts don't go! :smile:

Streffo123

Post by Streffo123 »

Begging for either the Flanker, USAF F35, Belgian F16 or the Harriers in today’s update

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

Begging for a Belgian F-16? :dizzy: World's gone mad.

Something that has been to almost every RIAT since when? Its very good , granted, and its already self-confirmed, so should appear at some point.

Next up pleading for the Jordanian Falcons, aching for the RAF Typhoon? :dunno:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

rdchawk

Post by rdchawk »

capercaillie wrote:Begging for a Belgian F-16? :dizzy: World's gone mad.

Something that has been to almost every RIAT since when? Its very good , granted, and its already self-confirmed, so should appear at some point.

Next up pleading for the Jordanian Falcons, aching for the RAF Typhoon? :dunno:

Crying out for the RAFAT Red Arrows??
Did you hear about the dyslexic pimp? He bought a ware house!
Proud member of the Silverstone Marshalling Team

Go4Long

Post by Go4Long »

Pleading for a Poseidon?
Starving for a Sentinel?
Trembling for a typhoon?
Raving about a reaper?
Praying for a Protector?
Lusting for a Lightning?
Jumping for a Jupiter? Or a Juno?
Hoping for a Hawk?

HeyfordDave111

Post by HeyfordDave111 »

grovelling for a grob?
Got to love Russianhardware

HeyfordDave111

Post by HeyfordDave111 »

maybe start a thread on aircraft we dont want at RIAT based on a 'common as muck' principal, of country and type? :smile:
Got to love Russianhardware

Airshowhammer

Post by Airshowhammer »

That did make me chuckle!

The Belgians have confirmed they will be in attendance with Dark Falcon (just not announced by DBH yet).

I reckon todays update we will see static German Typhoons and an A400m.

rdchawk

Post by rdchawk »

Todays update will have no aircraft and will just be an update in regards to Corona Virus.
Did you hear about the dyslexic pimp? He bought a ware house!
Proud member of the Silverstone Marshalling Team

bobby 1211

Post by bobby 1211 »

rdchawk wrote:Todays update will have no aircraft and will just be an update in regards to Corona Virus.

And the announcement of the RIAT wheel coming back

Streffo123

Post by Streffo123 »

rdchawk wrote:Todays update will have no aircraft and will just be an update in regards to Corona Virus.

How do you know there will be no aircraft update? the British Air display Authority have announced that any airshows planning to take place should still go ahead and that that would only change if something incredibly dramatic happened. I don't think DBH would need to regurgitate that.

Go4Long

Post by Go4Long »

Streffo123 wrote:

How do you know there will be no aircraft update? the British Air display Authority have announced that any airshows planning to take place should still go ahead and that that would only change if something incredibly dramatic happened. I don't think DBH would need to regurgitate that.

:wall:
/Sarcasm

Streffo123

Post by Streffo123 »

Go4Long wrote:
Streffo123 wrote:

:wall:
/Sarcasm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Go4Long

Post by Go4Long »

Every year when we go to daylight savings time I forget that the updates are now an hour later in our time and have a moment of concern when the update hasn't come out yet at 0500 our time.

Gripenjetphotos

Post by Gripenjetphotos »

Well done Sweden! Two very rare ISR appearances! No Gripen currently, but those two are stunning!
Instagram- https://www.instagram.com/gripen_jet_photos/

2019 shows:
Old Warden (Season Premiere)
RIAT (Thu, Sat, Mon)

Tom105

Post by Tom105 »

Very nice update from Sweeden!
Thomas

Pringles

Post by Pringles »

We were extremely pleased to received confirmation from the Swedish Air Force that they will be sending two aircraft for static display at RIAT 2020 as part of our Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance theme at the show. The appearance of the Argus & Korpen, both operated by 7th Transport and Special Air Unit, at the Air Tattoo should be warmly welcomed by aviation enthusiasts as an extremely rare chance to see these impressive aircraft outside of Sweden.

Following our discussions with Belgian Air Force representatives at the European Airshow Council Convention earlier this month, we're now able to confirm that their F-16 Solo Display will be performing at RIAT 2020. The 'Dark Falcon' jet is currently undergoing some minor modifications to the paint scheme ahead of the 2020 display season, which will be the last year flown by demo pilot 'Vador'. One of their Embraer 135 transport aircraft will also be on static display at the show.

As well as being in discussions with the Pakistan Air Force, we have now also received information that the Pakistan Navy are interesting in sending an aircraft to RIAT 2020. We are in communication and exploring the possibilities with them. If our discussions come to fruition, this will be their first time participating with aircraft at the Air Tattoo since 2008, when they sent a P-3C Orion for static display.
If life gives you melons then you're probably dyslexic

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

Moral is, you beg, you get. :up:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

mark_aviation

Post by mark_aviation »

What an update that is :clap: Couple of types there we don’t get to see very often. Always good to see the Belgian F-16 (for possibly the last year in this scheme) and an announcement of interest from the Pakistan Navy... :love: