RIAT 2020 - CANCELLED

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
HeyfordDave111

Re: RIAT 2020 - CANCELLED

Post by HeyfordDave111 »

Domvickery wrote:If it carries on I’ll just delete the thread

Strike 1........

I'd delete it now mate. The show is a 'non event', no point in talking about anything that 100% wont happen.
Got to love Russianhardware

IATthenRIAT

Post by IATthenRIAT »

It was on the news this morning minsters have mentioned restrictions are likely to stay for that long till a vaccine is found 18mths they say.

I'm not making this up for christ sake.

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

Did you honestly think a pandemic was going to be over in a couple of weeks?.

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DfG on Facebook
BAMPhotography on Facebook

CJS

Post by CJS »

IATthenRIAT wrote:It was on the news this morning minsters have mentioned restrictions are likely to stay for that long till a vaccine is found 18mths they say.

No, but why not discuss it in the relevent thread, it's not rocket science is it?

(With apologies to admin for staying woefully of topic).
"There's only one way of life, and that's your own"

IATthenRIAT

Post by IATthenRIAT »

CJS wrote:
IATthenRIAT wrote:It was on the news this morning minsters have mentioned restrictions are likely to stay for that long till a vaccine is found 18mths they say.

No, but why not discuss it in the relevent thread, it's not rocket science is it?

So to discuss something that has a direct affect on the Show (and other things) is not relevant :roll:

Big Eric

Post by Big Eric »

RIAT 2020 has been cancelled, can we please lock this thread now, Mods?

Domvickery
UKAR Staff

Post by Domvickery »

Big Eric wrote:RIAT 2020 has been cancelled, can we please lock this thread now, Mods?

Not yet, let this one runs its course

All that will happen otherwise is someone will start a 2021 thread & it’ll be the same "Kris Kris Tofferson!" different thread
Free straws available to clutch at - PM me. Inventor of the baguette scale

IATthenRIAT

Post by IATthenRIAT »

Domvickery wrote:
Big Eric wrote:RIAT 2020 has been cancelled, can we please lock this thread now, Mods?

All that will happen otherwise is someone will start a 2021 thread & it’ll be the same "Kris Kris Tofferson!" different thread

Thank You. :up:

Big Eric

Post by Big Eric »

Domvickery wrote:

Surely it had ran it's course on the day that RIAT 2020 was officially cancelled?

Anyway, can someone explain what this 'Kris Kris Tofferson' stuff is all about, I know that Kris Kristofferson wrote and performed tediously dull songs but why is he mentioned so much on this forum? :dizzy:

CJS

Post by CJS »

IATthenRIAT wrote:
CJS wrote:

So to discuss something that has a direct affect on the Show (and other things) is not relevant :roll:

Look, you keep wittering on about how life will never be the same again. That hardly means just RIAT does it? There are dedicated Covid-19 threads for what you're discussing on here. Move on.

But I'm no mod, so I'll leave it there and let them deal with it. :pinkwafer:

Edit. Kris Kris Tofferson is part of UKAR's automatic swear filter.

Domvickery
UKAR Staff

Post by Domvickery »

Big Eric wrote:
Domvickery wrote:Anyway, can someone explain what this 'Kris Kris Tofferson' stuff is all about, I know that Kris Kristofferson wrote and performed tediously dull songs but why is he mentioned so much on this forum? :dizzy:

The forum changes swear words to some random phrases, in this instance change it to the swear word for poo

Big Eric

Post by Big Eric »

CJS wrote:
Edit. Kris Kris Tofferson is part of UKAR's automatic swear filter.

What? :lol: :lmao:
So which word/s does it replace (just leave a space, or change a letter when you reply), does it have something to do with being tediously dull and boring?

Big Eric

Post by Big Eric »

Domvickery wrote:
Big Eric wrote:
Domvickery wrote:Anyway, can someone explain what this 'Kris Kris Tofferson' stuff is all about, I know that Kris Kristofferson wrote and performed tediously dull songs but why is he mentioned so much on this forum? :dizzy:

The forum changes swear words to some random phrases, in this instance change it to the swear word for poo

Ahh OK! Kris Kristofferson and crap are the same thing really. :lmao:

CJS

Post by CJS »

Big Eric wrote:
Domvickery wrote:
Big Eric wrote:

Ahh OK! Kris Kristofferson and crap are the same thing really. :lmao:

I imagine it's a closely guarded secret, but I'd love to know what the whole list was...

"Well, there's no need for that"

Edit...I just found out one of them, this could be a fun game.

"Windscreen Washer Fluid"

Edit edit... It really is :lol:

Domvickery
UKAR Staff

Post by Domvickery »

Strike 2.......... :grin:

CJS

Post by CJS »

Sorry. An actual RIAT post...

Wouldn't it be interesting to know what, if anything, else had been confirmed by DBH as attending the show prior to its cancellation? I know it wouldn't achieve anything, but it would be interesting none the less.

jasonT1981

Post by jasonT1981 »

I think we had the USAF F16 and Heritage flight, Polish F16 and Belgium F16 all self confirmed. As well as the obvious full allotment from the RAF.

But it would be interesting to know.

Just realised, I have every DVD from 2002 right up to 2019. Going to be a year missing in my collection.

Airshowhammer

Post by Airshowhammer »

I'd rather not know.

DBH 'oh we were due to have the insert rarest aircraft that could attend'

edhunter

Post by edhunter »

Do you think that with it being RIATS birthday next year do you think they will expand the size of the static park like they did for raf 100 anniversary?

HeyfordDave111

Post by HeyfordDave111 »

They might expand it, but unless they are going to be able to fill it with even more aircraft, which seems improbable (i'd love to be proved wrong), i cannot see it happening, unfortunately.

jasonT1981

Post by jasonT1981 »

Ambitious idea at best, how about on static at least 1 aircraft from each year of RIAT since it began?

I would like to see them keep the idea of the Green area for display teams. Would like to see them a bit closer as they are usually parked up on the other side of the airfield. Reds in 2019 and Thunderbirds in 2017 aside

HeyfordDave111

Post by HeyfordDave111 »

i'd like to see the return of the open top buses, with live side visits pre-booked for after 6pm to get the best of the light and a quieter airfield.

The photographic dynamic from upstairs on a bus changes totally. I know when they scrapped them they said it was too expensive to hire them. Not sure if that situation has changed though.

jasonT1981

Post by jasonT1981 »

Yes to open top buses. I never got to experience that at RIAT.

IATthenRIAT

Post by IATthenRIAT »

I agree with the open top buses having gone on them in the 90s, what a fantastic photo vantagepoint, I was shocked when I saw the single deck bendy bus things at RIAT19.

Paul_Reflex

Post by Paul_Reflex »

The photo buses were discussed briefly at a FRIAT forum a couple of years ago. From what I recall, its an insurance issue that prevents their return. It was mentioned that there was a photo bus running at the time of the Mig collision and that some debris fell either near to or on the bus. There was a very firm view expressed by DBH that the buses won't ever happen again sadly.