RIAT 2020 - CANCELLED

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
Airshowhammer

Re: RIAT 2020

Post by Airshowhammer »

bobby 1211 wrote:I wonder if RIAT could be 'behind closed doors'. No public, but the aircraft would still fly, with everything being streamed live for some sort of fee.

:dizzy:

Flare Path

Post by Flare Path »

bobby 1211 wrote:I wonder if RIAT could be 'behind closed doors'. No public, but the aircraft would still fly, with everything being streamed live for some sort of fee.

Top trolling, as usual. :roll:

MiG_Eater

Post by MiG_Eater »

Airshowhammer wrote:

:dizzy:

Sounds good. Maybe they could open Alton Towers as well and just stream the view from the rollercoasters.

CJS

Post by CJS »

Kurt called from 1991 - you're stupid, and contagious...

Even in the grand scheme of things, that's a pretty daft suggestion :up:
"There's only one way of life, and that's your own"

Luigi

Post by Luigi »

Funny joke

I would rather watch the old good '93 and '94 editions for free

:lmao:

Skyflash
UKAR Staff

Post by Skyflash »

Brilliant! :lmao: :clap:
Posting comments on an aviation-related chatroom, are ya? Looks like it an' all...

Georgeconna

Post by Georgeconna »

Big Jet could cover it too. should be epic.
Cheers

George

Zero shows for 2018 Giving in a Rest.

Big Eric

Post by Big Eric »

Georgeconna wrote:Big Jet could cover it too. should be epic.

Yes, an epic fail ! :down:

bobby 1211

Post by bobby 1211 »

Flare Path wrote:

A joke is not trolling... smh

CJS

Post by CJS »

bobby 1211 wrote:
Flare Path wrote:

A joke is not trolling... smh

Wasn't a joke though, was it bobby? ;-)

Spotty_Jag

Post by Spotty_Jag »

So the organizers pay the millions of pounds required to run the event... but then have revenue to pay for it? :dizzy:

G-CVIX

Post by G-CVIX »

As some smaller events reschedule and cancel for May, I sadly think that cancellation will occur for June and July shows relatively soon.

Presumably due to the sheer scale of RIAT, the planning involved, and use of RAF Fairford, a reschedule would not be possible?

CJS

Post by CJS »

G-CVIX wrote:As some smaller events reschedule and cancel for May, I sadly think that cancellation will occur for June and July shows relatively soon.

Presumably due to the sheer scale of RIAT, the planning involved, and use of RAF Fairford, a reschedule would not be possible?

It would be extraordinary if RIAT was to go ahead, I think that much is now pretty clear. A shame of course, but an entirely understandable one.

bobby 1211

Post by bobby 1211 »

USAF F-16 Demo self-confirmed

jasonT1981

Post by jasonT1981 »

bobby 1211 wrote:USAF F-16 Demo self-confirmed

Is that separate to the F16 heritage flight with P51 that self confirmed last week?

FlankerPhoto

Post by FlankerPhoto »

It is, yes.

G-CVIX

Post by G-CVIX »

Interesting that Tiger Meet has been postponed to RIAT week. I guess someone is hoping to be running an event.

ikarus

Post by ikarus »

Sadly , I think folk are going to need to prepare for an update of the negative type , the way things are developing with the Covid-19 situation, I would expect a cancellation scenario for RIAT this year. Hope I am 100% wrong though . That will be my hotel money down the drain if it is canned ......... wouldn't RIAT just consider converting this years tickets already sold to a 2021 ticket event as "an option" I would accept that ?

cg_341

Post by cg_341 »

ikarus wrote:That will be my hotel money down the drain if it is canned

Premier Inn are allowing anyone to cancel their hotel bookings, as I understand are most of the big chains.

If you've booked a random B&B, well...

edhunter

Post by edhunter »

I won't be cancelling anything as i believe Riat will still go ahead i am an optimist and won't cancel until dbh say it has been cancelled.

MiG_Eater

Post by MiG_Eater »

RIAT is four months away. The measures we've taken in the UK are extremely tough and the cancellation of an airshow will pail into insignificance from a health perspective. Admittedly if the police are still unable to assist - then I guess its curtains for this year, but I don't think all hope should be lost just yet. I really hope not anyway.

Berf

Post by Berf »

MiG_Eater wrote:RIAT is four months away. The measures we've taken in the UK are extremely tough and the cancellation of an airshow will pail into insignificance from a health perspective. Admittedly if the police are still unable to assist - then I guess its curtains for this year, but I don't think all hope should be lost just yet. I really hope not anyway.

If (and I don't think it will) it went ahead I really can't see that foreign air arms are going to participate much at all. The military is going to be far more involved with other issues, not to mention cost savings which are inevitable with the expenditure on everything else. If limits on gatherings were relaxed there are still a large number of people who will not go so soon after (assuming things were getting better by then). If RIAT can not achieve its goals or even get near them for income there is no point. That's all before you take into consideration staffing. It seems to me an impossible task even to be contacting air arms to ask them what aircraft they may be sending when many countries are in lockdown. Can you really 'contact Italy' and ask them when 475 died today?

jasonT1981

Post by jasonT1981 »

cg_341 wrote:
ikarus wrote:That will be my hotel money down the drain if it is canned

Premier Inn are allowing anyone to cancel their hotel bookings, as I understand are most of the big chains.

If you've booked a random B&B, well...

Only allowing refunds on cancelling bookings up until May 31st.. For now

https://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/covid- ... 18_DM67419

Go4Long

Post by Go4Long »

Can the fear mongering be taken to the COVID-19 thread? We can all look up cancellation policies as necessary, it doesn’t need to be in this thread.

Streffo123

Post by Streffo123 »

Viper Demo team have an updated schedule with RIAT on and it’s not just a heritage flight, it’s also a demo too! :rock: :up: