Totterdown Park and View

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
TYPHOON3

Totterdown Park and View

Post by TYPHOON3 »

I don't know how many people on here use Totterdown Park and view but campers are getting increasingly fed up with people leaving the park and view field and wandering into the camping fields.Some were on or walking through pitches so much so a security guard was appointed this year to move people on if any campers weren't happy about anyone on, or too near their pitch.So be warned for 2021,if you are thinking of leaving the P + V field prepare to be moved on if a camper thinks you are invading their privacy.
Last edited by TYPHOON3 on Sun 19 Apr 2020, 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

mark_aviation

Re: Totterdown Park and View

Post by mark_aviation »

That’s not the only issue. The bigger issue is Park and View people coming onto our pitches and dropping litter (mainly fag ends). Simon (the owner) warned all us campers this year that he has a no-tolerance policy for rubbish. If he finds any rubbish on your pitch, he will not allow you to rebook for next year.

Imagine if you leave Totterdown on Sunday morning and you made sure your pitch was spotless, then some park and view’ers set up on your pitch during the afternoon and drop a load of fag ends on it... You can see why people aren’t happy with them.

stevebrodie

Post by stevebrodie »

TYPHOON3 wrote:I don't know how many people on here use Totterdown Park and view but campers are getting increasingly fed up with people leaving the park and view field and wandering into the camping fields.Some were on or walking through pitches so much so a security guard was appointed this year to move people on if any campers weren't happy about anyone on, or too near their pitch.So be warned for 2020,if you are thinking of leaving the P + V field prepare to be moved on if a camper thinks you are invading their privacy.

Unfortunately its the usual case of the few spoiling it for the many. As rightly said, if rubbish, fag ends left by P&Vers were found on your pitch Monday morning, but you had left Sunday morning, you could be informed you wont be allowed back to camp next year. Its a working farm and the fields are used after we have all gone back home, so litter is an issue for the livestock.
Viper: Good morning, gentlemen, the temperature is 110 degrees

sithrity

Post by sithrity »

P&Vers were moved off Simon's barley fields Sunday, just next to field 4.
I don't know everything there is to know about our hobby.

Kids, aviation, missus then responsibilities, (in that order)

Rich.B

Post by Rich.B »

Color wrist bands for campers next year.
Anyone without or wearing a diffrent color for P,& V will be sent back to p&v fields.

TYPHOON3

Post by TYPHOON3 »

Rich.B wrote:Color wrist bands for campers next year.
Anyone without or wearing a different color for P,& V will be sent back to p&v fields.

Is that a fact or just your suggestion ?

2e1var

Post by 2e1var »

We always have wrist bands
UBC-15X, 800XLT, 3500XLT, VT-225, Pro-2006, Pro-2042, IC-7300, IC-7100, Airspy R2
Sony a58, Sony 70-300G

TYPHOON3

Post by TYPHOON3 »

2e1var wrote:We always have wrist bands

I know we always have wrist bands.I was referring to his second sentence about being sent back to the P + V field if you don't have a campers (I assume) wrist band on.