Question regarding RIAT

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
Unknown74

Question regarding RIAT

Post by Unknown74 »

Hi guys, good morning, just a quick question, I haven't attended a IAT/RIAT since 1991/1992, and have a question if I ever get an opportunity to attend in future, would it be better to go on Friday, Saturday and or Sunday and do the Static Display one day and watch the flying display the other? In 1991 I had a pad of paper to jot down the numbers & registrations as well as taking pictures which I soon discovered was a disaster and soon found the pleasures of checklist (top marks for the checklist idea).

Trebor1960

Re: Question regarding RIAT

Post by Trebor1960 »

If l attended on 2 days, l would do Saturday and Sunday.
Friday has a shorter display and the western end of the static is usually not open due to the Friday arrivals to it

Ian G
UKAR Staff

Post by Ian G »

Unknown74 wrote:In 1991 I had a pad of paper to jot down the numbers & registrations

A post it note would be enough these days
Garf's website and Flickr Photostream

"Which road can I close for you today?"

#tapestries

tankbuster

Post by tankbuster »

Unknown74 wrote:Hi guys, good morning, just a quick question, I haven't attended a IAT/RIAT since 1991/1992, and have a question if I ever get an opportunity to attend in future, would it be better to go on Friday, Saturday and or Sunday and do the Static Display one day and watch the flying display the other? In 1991 I had a pad of paper to jot down the numbers & registrations as well as taking pictures which I soon discovered was a disaster and soon found the pleasures of checklist (top marks for the checklist idea).

The weather is the most powerful influence on what day to go and unfortunately we have no idea what that will do. The best day washed out is the worst day.
Trevor C
recent and not so recent pictures here https://trevorc28a.wixsite.com/trevspics

FarnboroJohn

Post by FarnboroJohn »

Failing checklist, memory is cheap: photograph each serial/registration. Google will tell you later what they are if you haven't got enough plane in to recognise them.